G - We will overcome this together

Microne: The Hunter and Hunted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure this is the file?” Sowon looks at the hard copy of the file that she is talking about.There's nothing weird with this papers unless you have taken note of the last word of every page. It is a secret message. Jihyo and Umji had split the workload between the files on the desktop and those that were in the video. And Jihyo decided to pick the video since it would be difficult to read through the video. Furthermore, with a bigger team, she naturally has more help.

 

“Base on what Soul unnie have told us, and the details in the file, this should be it.” Umji sat in front of her computer and nodded, giving her arms some light stretch after facing the computer for a few days since the day she receives the task.

 

Looking at another set of paper handover by Umji, the first sentence was highlighted in bold, which is the secret message, a location.

 

“I have done the research on the place, they should be having an exchange along that area. There aren't any civilian cameras along this road,” Umji highlighted the road she mentioned on the map that was printed in the papers, “it is highly possible that this is a common exchange spot for them.”

 

“Did it mention when the exchange will take place?” Yerin questioned, not taking her eyes off the map as she joined Sowon and the others reading the place.

 

“Based on the file, it will be tomorrow night.”

 

“That’s pretty fast, we will not have much time to prepare.” SinB frowned. Theoretically, they will need a few days to plan and decide the members involved and also the actions to be taken. But with such a short time, they could only make an onsite visit tomorrow morning, since traveling there right now unprepared will be useless.

 

“Soul unnie suggested that we should do it, but I thought you guys should be informed before I reply.”

 

“Alright, let’s do it.” Sowon claps as she gathered everyone’s attention.

 

“Umji, I will need you to get close to them for more information. Yerin and SinB you girls will guard this side. Yuju and I will take the opposite. Eunha, check out the area for a good sniping spot, you will be our backup. Listen, since there are no cameras there, we can use our power. The objective is to rescue those that were taken, but let’s not harm those guys unless needed.”

 

“That’s great, inform Soul unnie that we found the file.” Sowon smile.

     

“Yewon?” Yuju softly calls and flipped out of her bed. Checking the clock, it is around 4am right now. The youngest have been mumbling in her sleep which disturbs Yuju, the one that sleeps next to her.

 

“Yewon. Hey, are you alright?” Hearing some mumbling again, Yuju could not decipher what the girl is saying, but it is not common for the girl to sleep talk, that is because, she, herself is the only one with such habit.

 

“Hnghh…” Something is definitely off. Yuju crosses over the small gap between their bed and sat by Umji’s bed. The youngest looks pale, her forehead is covered with sweat and she held her blanket over her tightly with light shivers.

 

“Damn it. Yewon can you hear me?” Yuju placed her palm over Umji’s forehead and she lightly shoves the girl asking her to wake up.

 

“Unnie, what's wrong?” Rubbing her eyes, SinB slowly sat up from her bed. The short commotion wakes SinB who slept above Yuju, sharing a bunk bed.

 

“She's having a high fever. Eunha wake up, maknae is sick, take a look at her.” Yuju reached for the smaller girl above Umji’s bed, she is still in deep sleep even with the noises.

 

“Hmm?” Stirring from her sleep, Eunha shows no interest in waking up.

 

“Unnie wake up, hurry.” SinB appeared on Eunha bed and starts to tap the older violently. Eunha jolts awake after the tapping hit some senses into her as she recalled what Yuju had said a minute ago.

 

Climbing down from her bed, Eunha gave SinB a light slap. One for tapping violently which her shoulder sores now, and two for scaring her as the girl used her power and appeared suddenly next to her. Reaching out her hand like Yuju, Eunha closed her eyes for a moment at the touch.

 

Eunha open her eyes again to see her two roommates looking at her worriedly. There are only two medics in the team, one would be Eunha herself, and the other is their youngest. The two roommate could only feel useless and look at every move that Eunha is doing right now, checking for any other symptoms that Umji might have developed.

 

“She's really hot, get me a wet towel and the medicine,” Eunha instructed went over to a drawer in search of a thermometer. And with a soft nod, SinB disappeared from the room.

 

“Why did she develop a fever suddenly? She was fine the whole day.” Yuju asked, not knowing what to do and there is nothing she can do, she started to pace around in the room.

 

“I don't know either.” Eunha sighs as she read the thermometer, 39.5-degree celsius, how did things elevate so quickly without any of them noticing.

 

“The medicine is here, I don't know which one it is,  so I grabbed everything.” Running is a waste of time right now, SinB appeared in the room without any sound. Passing the bag of medication and a glass of water to Eunha and Yuju, SinB gently wiped off the sweat on Umji’s forehead before placing the wet towel on it.

 

“Yewon, wake up, you need to take the medicine.” Eunha taps on Umji’s shoulder, no matter is it shaking or tapping, the youngest is still not waking up no matter how they try.

 

“What's with the commotion? Do you girls know what time is it?” Sowon and Yerin frowned as they enter the younger’s room, they woke up from the noise that SinB produced when she was searching for the medicine in the kitchen, slamming of the cupboard.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter