G - The Night in the Museum

Microne: The Hunter and Hunted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Situated a few blocks away from the local museum, a van had its engine kept running and the interior was dimly lighted. Yerin shifted her cap while watching the rear mirror, besides a cat that had run through the alley, the night was peaceful.

 

“Eunha, did you spot anything weird?” Yerin asked as she pops a candy into , night mission was making her sleepy.

 

A golden swallow glides through the air and landed on the ledge of the rooftop level. With a slight poof, Eunha was sitting on the ledge with her leg dangling in the air.

 

“Nothing caught my eyes, do I head back to my position?” Eunha yawned, reaching her hand out into the air as she stretched.

 

“The night is too quiet today, make a few more rounds before Sowon unnie comes out from the museum.” Yerin glanced at the rearview mirror, at the back of the van, Umji was talking into a microphone with her headphone.

 

“I'll make a few more rounds then. Update me when they are done with the mission.” Eunha took out a candy from her pocket, she enjoyed the burst of sweetness in before leaping off the edge of the rooftop.

 

Poof.

 

Once again, a golden sparrow was found flying in the vicinity.

 

 

 

“The guards are coming.There is a spot for you to hide, to the right corner.” Umji instructed as she manages the computers that were set up in the back of the van.

 

Sowon took the hand of Yuju and SinB, dragging them towards the hiding spot at two times the speed. Placing their body as close as the wall, Sowon looked at the ray of light that was shone right in front of them, they are just a few centimeters away from the circular area of light.

 

“We have been wondering around for the past 10 minute, at this rate, we will get caught.” SinB removes the mask over , gasping for fresh air, she then peers through the corner of the corridor keeping a lookout.

 

“Yuju, hand me the map.” Keeping the communicator on, Sowon reached out for the map that is in Yuju’s hand.

 

“Yuju is holding the map?” Eunha asked, surprised that her same age friend is the holding the map.

 

“Are you guys nuts? She can't even find her way on normal days.” Yerin continued, indirectly agreeing what Eunha had thought.

 

“Come on guys, I'm not that bad. It was Umji that passed that floor plan to me.” Yuju tried to defend herself as she hands the map over to SinB. Back in the van, Umji kept her eyes on the monitor, trying her best to avoid the silent glare that Yerin was sending.

 

“Tsk, we have walked passed that place already, Umji you could have told us that.”

 

“I thought you guys wanted to check out the other rooms…”

 

“Let’s go, I’ll lead the way.” SinB groaned, tired of walking around in circles.

 

“Guys, I got the security system, entering shouldn’t sound any alarm.” Umji voice rings again after keeping silence for the entire trip to the president office.

 

“Are you sure about this?” Sowon looked around, hoping that the security will not appear the next minute.

 

“We won’t know if we didn’t try.” SinB coolly answered and grabbed the door knob.

 

“Nice room he had here.” Yuju wowed.

 

The room was well decorated with pictures of famous warriors from the past, and mini figurines collection of tanks well arranged in a glass cabinet. The center of the room lies the meeting area, and further down would be the working desk and book shelves with loads of books that the trio have no interest to know their content.

 

“Let's split up, Yuju will check the files, SinB checks the books he had on the shelves.” Sowon took out the video camera she had and turned it on.

 

“Then what are you doing?” SinB had a hand covered the video camera lens as she asked with a slight hint of dissatisfaction, she hates her task.

 

“Hmm… I'll just take a look at this room. I'll record every corner of this place for Umji to check it, ” Sowon grinned. She then pressed the play button of the video camera and started her tour around the office.

 

“We can exchange if you want to.” Yuju smiled and placed an arm over SinB shoulder.

 

“No thanks, the books and I doesn’t match well with each other.” Taking it positively, checking the files is hundred times better than the books. No way she is going to exchange the task, no way.

 

 

 

Loud tapping noise on the keyboard was echoing within the van, unbothered by it, Yerin was slowly being lulled to sleep.

 

“Yerin unnie.” Umji let out the softest shriek she ever had.

 

“What's wrong?” Yerin jumps at the mention of her name. Not leaving her driver seat, Yerin turned her head around and looked at Umji.

 

“I can't reach them, there is something that is jamming our radio signal.” Umji fingers were speeding on the keyboard as she speaks.

 

“What? Did they accidentally activate something?” Shocked, Yerin had her eyes opened wide, hoping that the youngest could give her more explanation.

 

“I'm not really sure, but will need me to inform them where the owls are.” With her panic mode , Umji stormed her feets feeling worried.

 

“There is no other way to communicate with them?”

 

“Besides the CCTV along the corridor, there is no other way to communicate with them without alerting the guards.”

 

The easiest solution would be making a call to the president office or to their mobile phones if it is even working. However, having a phone ringing in a quiet and peaceful night would means, having echoes along the corridor and alerting the security guards. Furthermore, these security guards were armed, they would not hesitate to fire at an intruder.

 

Yerin reached for her communicator, “Eunha, get to your position. Things may not be going as according to our plans.”

 

“What? What's going on?” Eunha asked, worried.

 

“We lost communication with Sowon unnie and the others, we are trying to find a way to resolve the problem.” Yerin took in a deep breath before she replied with a calmer tone, not wanting the golden sparrow to worry.

 

“Yerin unnie, there's a way, but I need you to do something for me.” Umji’s determined eyes make a contact with Yerin’s.

 

“Tell me what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter