L - The Past I

Microne: The Hunter and Hunted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sirens were blaring and red flashes light the room even in the deep night.

 

Babysoul took the hand of Jin as they went close to the metallic bar with static charges surrounding it. Unlike the usual day, no one is guarding outside, this is a great chance and time for them to leave. They will just need Babysoul and Jisoo to create an opening from these bar using their power, namely psychic.

 

“Hey, are y'all alright?” A girl in a black jacket with green stripes on her sleeves walked out from the wall, panting.

 

“How did you...” Jiae was too surprised to see a figure coming out from the wall that words could not come out from .

 

“Guys, I have found them, we are in the east wing.” The girl in black jacket calmly reacted to all the gasp and surprise that she is receiving.

 

“Who are you?” Jisoo asked as she pushed the younger ones behind her.

 

The girl in black jacket held her finger up and place it on her lips. Turning around to face the wall that she appeared, she went into it again, disappearing in front of the group of girls that was left stunned, again.

 

Taking the lead, Babysoul slowly walked over to the wall that girl had entered and left. But she was stopped by Jiae after stepping out a few steps.

 

As Jiae tugged Babysoul towards her, the wall that was keeping them in their cells break into pieces. Two girls in a black jacket just stood at where the wall originally was, with one of them having her fist raised in the air. The dust and light did not help them to recognize the ones that crash the wall, but Babysoul figures out that the other girl was the same girl who they met a moment ago.

 

“Hi, we are here to save you.” It was another girl, who probably have break the wall with her fist. Adjusted to the light shone from the external wall of the research center, Babysoul saw a blonde and tall lady adjusting her hand gloves.

 

“Nana unnie. Your sense of timing is awesome.” The girl praised.

 

“Thankyou. Are they the ones?” Nana winked in reply and scanned the place she is at.

 

“I’m sorry, but what is going on? Who are you guys?” Taking up the role as the oldest and their ‘leader’, Babysoul slowly approaches the two ladies.

 

“We are here to save you. It is difficult to explain everything right now, but I need to get you girls out of here.” Nana hand out a small pouch she had over her waist, “Take this.”

 

“There is a locator in there, that’s a warehouse owned by us. Once you are there, my friends will help you.” Nana explained.

 

“Soyeon unnie said that they needed help at the frontline, we have to go now.” The other girl gave Nana a tap on the shoulder, and she had her hand on a receiver that was hung around her ears.

 

“I’ll see you girls at the warehouse, we will try to hold them back, run as fast as you can.” Nana smiled as she demonstrated the action of running with her hands.

 

“Thankyou.” Babysoul took the lead, giving a thankful bow and the rest of the girls follow.

 

“Thank us when you reach the warehouse.” The two girls nodded as they dashed towards the wall within the research center and disappeared.


 

“We need to reach the warehouse before the sun rises… where is Mijoo?” Counting the number of girls behind her, Babysoul is sure that one of the blondes is missing.

 

“She was the last… man.” Surprised, the rest of the girls turned around to find Sujeong as the last girl in their group.

 

“Mijoo unnie was behind me the last time I saw her.” Sujeong looked around worriedly, although Mijoo loves to joke with them, but this is definitely not the time to do that.

 

“I'll go and look for her, you girls continue and head straight.” Babysoul removed her backpack from her back and passed it to Jin who is right behind her.

 

“But it's too dangerous to head back, we can't let you go alone.” Jin took the bag pack with hesitation, in any of the cases, it is too dangerous for any of them to backtrack where they have come from.

 

“I'll look for her, I could just use my skill to get there, and this would reduce time wasted to look for her. We will catch up very soon, you guys could go ahead.” Jisoo stepped out with Kei arm wrapped around hers, that pair of arms tighten the moment she announced her decision.

 

“We will meet you at the place. If we couldn't find you after 2 hours, we will come back for you two.” Without choice, Jisoo words made sense to Babysoul, it's the truth that if any of them went searching for Mijoo, they would waste time to escape. However, if it is Jisoo, she would find Mijoo easily with her abilities.

 

Jisoo reply with a nod as rest of the group went forward with a hug. And the last in line for the hugging session does not seem willing to let her go.

 

“Stay safe and be careful,” Jiae whispered as her arms tightens around the younger waist and she gave her a quick light peck.

 

“I will.” Jisoo flushed.


 

“Need some help?” Jisoo looks at the pit that she assumed is an animal trap. And in the pit, lies Mijoo is sitting down by the wall of the trap, rubbing her sore arms with her attire covered with dirt, climbing out the pit is definitely not a working solution.

 

“Finally. I've been waiting for you guys to notice my disappearance.” Mijoo flings her arms up in the sky as she heard the voice. She really thought that the girls have forgotten her until she sensed someone with a familiar aura suddenly appeared around the area.

 

“Are you hurt? I'll need to find a long vine or rope to pull you up.” Jisoo looked around the forest, and then remembered that she had a rope in her bag pack.

 

“Let's get you up here before anyone caught us.” Jisoo dropped the rope down after tying an end to a tree and grabbed the ones nearer to the pit.

 

“This rope is strong enough? You are not going to drop me right?” The rope doe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter