I - Mazed

Microne: The Hunter and Hunted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You mentioned that you got some goods for me to overview.”

 

“Indeed, please take a seat. We have 20 of them in the field right now, and over hundreds of our trained armed forces.”

 

“My man can’t defeat them, they are micrones, they are not normal.”

 

“Not all of them have fully developed their abilities. Those who failed will be killed, they are unworthy to be part of your team. As for those that survived, I’m expecting great figures for every one of them.”

 

“Very well.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sejong POV

 

Where am I?

 

Getting up with a hand supporting my head, my eyesights slowly recovers from the blur and get used to the bright surrounding.

 

The last thing I remember was gathering together with the girls and all other micrones in a room. And suddenly gas was released into the room and then… the gas!

 

It made me unconscious, it made all of us unconscious. But where am I? Where are the girls? Where’s everyone?

 

I could only conclude that I’m a room? The high metal ceiling and high wall. The thing that caught my attention, a path ahead of me. This is not exactly a room if there is a path, this seems to be a giant indoor maze. What is that joker thinking of this time round?

 

After thinking for several minutes, I have no choice but to walk ahead, as the path seems to be my only way out. The walls are too high for me to climb out, and if my deduction is correct, climbing out is pointless as I’m in a maze.

 

“Greetings to my precious micrones, from now you will be facing a group of trained and armed military. To leave this place, you will have to stay alive. The military will not hesitate to fire or kill any of you, so don’t hesitate and show me your real power. By the way, only the winning group will get to survive and leave this place. Kill until no one remains in the other group. Have fun, my girls.”

 

Crazy idiots, they are forcing us to use our power to kill and this is also a test of our power… I have to find the girls, some of them own abilities that does not allow them to self-defend for themselves. I got to find them before those from the military or other groups lay their hands on them.

 

Nayoung unnie is able to find and locate all of us with her sixth sense and she definitely, shares the same thoughts as I. Among the others, the only one that could probably find the others… Sohye! She has blood instinct, she can find any of us if we are hurt. But, that means that I should cut myself?

 

No, I shouldn't have wasted my time thinking about such things. I have to find Chungha, I have to get to Mina, Yoojung, and Somi as they need help. I have to find them.

 

“Sejeong.” Before I start to move, a tall and slender figure walk into the area (dead end) I'm in.

 

“Nayoung unnie? Where are the others? Did you manage to find them? What are you doing here.”

 

I'm really surprised to see no one following behind Nayoung unnie, that means she came to get me, as the first member she secures. That's dangerous. What about the kids that needed the help more than I do.

 

“I'm going to, but you seem to be lost, you have been at the same spot for near 10 minutes when the others have started moving. Also, splitting up would be faster. Follow this path down and make two left turns, you should be able to find Sohye” Nayoung unnie took my hand and brought me out of the area that I had been after waking up in this game. It's a crossway path right ahead as she pointed the path that she wanted me to follow.

 

“There is some armed military in that area. Be careful and leave the place immediately. I'll go and find you guys once I got Somi and Yoojung.”

 

“What about Mina?”

 

“She is still safe for now. Yeonjung’s is just a few walls away, there are chances that they might meet before we got to them. Sejeong, let’s split up now, someone is approaching Somi, I need to get to her before they do.” It's clear that Nayoung unnie already got everything planned out as I stood in the same area thinking and wasting precious time that we are now racing against, we have to get everyone together.

 

Following what Nayoung unnie had instructed, I jog down the path and took the left turn before I heard some muffling.

 

Taking small steps as I had my back against the wall, I managed to catch a quick glimpse of what is going on at the second left turn. Nayoung unnie did mention of the military, and they found Sohye before I do.

 

Lucky for us, there is only two of them that got Sohye cornered and they are back facing me. This is the chance. Focusing on my hands, water came gushing out and towards where I wanted. The strong gush of water sent the two military personnel straight to the wall, even with their helmet, they suffer a strong hit and immediately blackout.

 

“Sohye.” Running over and grabbing her in a hug, I'm really glad that I got to her before things were too late.

 

“Sejeong unnie. Thank you for saving me.” Sohye tightens the hug before I pushed her away and check on her, luckily she wasn't hurt.

“Come on, we have to leave this place, there are quite a few of them in this area.” I took Sohye’s hand into mine, this way we won't get separated, and it's a form of comfort to feel each other presence at such critical time.

 

Making back to where I have met Nayoung unnie, I believe she will pick us up from there, it's too dangerous for us to linger around at places we aren't sure. Before the turn into a straight path, white light blinded us for a short moment.

 

“Is that Chaeyeon unnie?” Sohye asked as she adjusted her sight from that light and pointed towards the ceiling. A blinding light could be seen even when the high wall was surrounding us.

 

“She must be in trouble, let’s go.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author POV

 

“Kyulkyung unnie, Chaeyeon unnie.” Sohye ran over and help the two girls up from the ground.

 

“Are you guys alright?” Sejeong scanned around and found two military officers lying on the ground, taking a defensive a stance, Sejeong slowly approached to check their condition.

 

With a light kick and a few shoves, Sejeong was pretty sure that the two officers were knocked out, probably from the explosion that happened at a near distance. She then picked up the shotgun and machine gun that was sling around the officers and slot in the holster.

 

“What happened?” Sohye asked as she helped Chaeyeon to dust off the layer of grey from the wall that exploded.

 

“Those militaries threw a grenade at us and Nayoung unnie got to us just in time and she took the blast for us.”

 

Nayoung let out a slight cough as Sejeong rushed over and slowly picked the rock body up from the gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter