T - What's next?

Microne: The Hunter and Hunted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Locating at the countryside of the country, the group traveled several hours on a truck and a van and finally saw their destination. Driving out of course from the road, the two vehicles cut through the woods and stopped at the foot of a mountain. 

Alighting from their vehicles, Dahyun approached an unusual looking tree alone. The group looked around the place within the vehicles before Dahyun received her signal. She took a breath before transforming to an eagle and flew up to the top of the tree and rested at the highest branch. Taking a small hop, she found something that she was here for.

Transforming back to her human form. Dahyun sat comfortably on the thick branch and balanced herself. She reached out to a rope that was camouflage with the branch and tied along the edge of it. Tugging the rope, Dahyun nodded along with it in a familiar rhythm. After a minute of this, a gate revealed between the mountain, where a cave is located. Dahyun smiled as she completed her task and flew back down to her team.

“A moment ago, the girls were still wondering when you guys would arrive, and the next, you guys are here.” Wearing a grey uniform with their badge located on her collar, Irene held a shotgun as she walked out from the opening at the side of the gate. 

All the girls bowed and greeted Irene, and also the girls who are behind the gate. 

Behind the gate was a cave or tunnel that was commonly known. It was wide and spacious, allowing more than 2 vehicles to travel pass at the same time. Jungyeon and Momo drove in and stopped when they saw a small post within the tunnel. Almost immediately, all of the members came out for a stretch, the long ride here is definitely tiring. 

The guards of the safety ground. Irene and her team are part of the group and were found my Soyeon and her team a few months prior Babysoul and the others. Soyeon dedicated them the task to protect the safety ground, which was meant for those that Babysoul, Sowon and Nayeon’s team have rescued. 

The safety ground works like a safe house, but there is no contact with the outside, and only them relying on one another in the inside. Humans do not know the existence of such place, and they continue to be kept away from this secret. 

Irene and her team leave within the tunnel, where rooms were cut out and made out by people such as Momo. The team takes turns to guard the one and only entrance and exit to the safety ground. Beyond the tunnel, it is just a normal outskirt of a city, the scenery will probably be as amazing as what normal human would be able to see. 

The rescued were being taken care of in the place, and they can live normally too. Just that it will be a farm life rather than the city. Living at a slower pace in there, the rescued are getting some simple therapy, away from the trauma they received from getting kidnapped or short termed tortured. No one likes to be a lab rat. 

Having the safe house locating anywhere in the city was too dangerous, looking at the advancement of technology and gadgets, it was wiser to locate such place away from the crowd and attention. 

However, this also meant that they would have difficulties of accessing any pieces of information, as certain gadgets are literally off limits here, to prevent being bugged or tracked. Regularly, Sowon or Nayeon’s team will take turns sending necessities and update the teams here on the latest progression. 

“I guess, we heard their thoughts.” Jihyo laughed as she retrieved an A3 sized box from the van and hand it over, “Jisoo unnie said that this is specifically for you girls.”

“Must be the parts that I asked for, I've been waiting for weeks.” Yeri appeared out of nowhere and took the box from Jihyo. 

“Sorry for the delay, we were pretty busy these days.” Sana apologized as she opened up the back of the van and start to unload the boxes in there. 

“We will leave the necessities at the regular place,” Nayeon said. 

“No wait, I'll lead y'all to another area to place those things. We are cleaning up our home today, so it is pretty messy over there.” Seulgi joined the group with a baseball bat sized gadget, turning the gadget on, she started to screen every of them one by one. This had been a standard procedure for the group and all of them are understanding to this procedure, it is for the safety of everyone beyond this tunnel.

“What’s in the box?” Wendy asked as she scanned the boxes at the back of the truck.

“A serum, we are still not very sure of the content of it. But the leaders think that it will be better to keep it somewhere far away” Nayeon noted the box that was labeled properly for the serum. After all the trouble they have gone through last night, the three leaders have come together and decided to keep this far away from reach. If people came after them for the serum, well, at least it will be in safe hands. 

“This is going in?” Wendy frowned, if something that is so dangerous is going in, their security will need to be tightened.

“Soul unnie suggest that we bury it within the farm, it will be harder to track it.” Nayeon sadly informed, “Don’t worry, we highly doubt that anyone would be coming for it.”

“Yeah, we saw two of that serum within the same month. If this is so common in their world, they could easily produce another to replace what they lost.” Mina agrees as they unloaded the boxes in and arranged it nicely on the side of the road as told by Seulgi.

“Nayeon unnie, I’m heading back Chaeyoung called.” Dahyun approached Nayeon, keeping her phone back into her pocket.

“Is SinB coming over?” Jungyeon wondered, as fast as Dahyun could fly, she couldn’t be there for another hour.

“She will be here soon, just go ahead for the delivery. I’ll call you guys once I know what’s going on.” Dahyun assured.

“Alright, time for us to go, see you guys in a while.” Ensuring that everything in the van was unloaded, Nayeon signaled the group to return to their vehicles.

Dahyun bowed and transformed, flying out of the tunnel, back to the entrance where the tree locates. For the rest ahead is another ten minute of the ride. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Have you called Dahyun?” Umji asked the moment she arrived the dorm with SinB.

“SinB unnie will have to fetch her from the main gate,” Tzuyu answered looking at SinB who just came. SinB nodded and left without any words leaving the rest of the team in the dorm.

“Sorry, we know you are really tired right now but we need our team.” Yein apologized as she looked at the black patch below Umji’s eyes. The youngest of the 98 line had been working alongside with the research team (which consist: Jisoo, Jihyo and her) for the blue solution that was found a week ago. She finally got her short break,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter