T - The Rescue Mission

Microne: The Hunter and Hunted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eagle spotting two vans approaching the alley.” Dahyun was gliding in the air, enjoying the breeze that only the sky could provide.

 

As the first van left and made a turn after the alley, the second van pulls an emergency break. The driver of the second van stops the van and rubbed his eyes. Reaching out his hand, he was not able to see anything, everything is in a pitch black, not even a single ray of light could be seen. It is as if he just fell into a world of darkness, which makes him extra nervous and scared.

 

As the driver and the two at the passenger seat fell into confusion and fear. Momo and Jungyeon have secretly reached the back of their van. Taking out a small kit, Jungyeon begins her work in pick locking. Since there is a need to maintain the door as it is, such slow and challenging method to break through is required and she is in charge of all door breaking or pick locking in the team.

 

A click sound from the door signaled Jungyeon that she have successfully unlocked it, which is a great news, or else Momo is here to cut the door into pieces…

 

Slowly opening the back door to prevent the screeching that could be heard by that driver. The back of the van revealed a few girls chained up along the chair that they were sitting on and their mouth was stuffed with cloth preventing them from making unneeded sounds.

 

Not surprised at the scene, Momo instantly jumped up into the van. Removing the stuffed cloth from the girl's mouth, Jungyeon places her forefinger on her lips, signaling them to keep their silence.

 

“Are you guys alright? Don’t worry, we are here to rescue you.” Jungyeon softly whispered as she and Momo inspect the chains.

 

“Have y’all been shot by anything? Like any jab of any kind?” Jungyeon asked and gave Momo a nod.

 

The girls shook their head, looking at the two girls in front of them with weary eyes.

 

Focusing with her eyes close, Momo held her fist tight, and her right arm slowly loses the color of human flesh, turning into a gray metallic and sharp sword. She swiftly cut the chains into pieces, releasing the girls. There is nothing that the swordsman couldn't cut through, there could be something, but base on the materials they have tested with, basic materials like metal doesn't pose a threat to her sword.

 

“Come one, follow me, we will bring you to somewhere safe.” Jungyeon tried to give an assuring smile as she guides the girls towards another van located at a dark corner.

 

“You two shall take it from here,” Jungyeon speaks as she saw Sana and Mina running over to the van.

 

“I've told the drivers to continue driving towards their destination, they should be able to handle any questions.” Sana conveyed. She had used her abilities on the drivers which were the only source of light in the darkness that Mina had created. Mesmerized, the drivers will follow whatever their master, Sana’s instructions and listen to her bidding.

 

“They will knock themselves out the moment the others notice that these two have lost the girls.” Sana is still a kind girl, she does not want to see the dead bodies of her followers after following her instructions, that is just too cruel.

 

“Alright, Momo and I will head back now. SinB should have everything arranged for them.”

 

“See you later.” Sana and Mina hop into the passenger and driver seats respectively and starts the engine. They have to leave this area before those guys noticed anything amiss.

 


 

An eagle made a swift landing on the bunk of the car, slightly tilting its head as it watches every action of the people crowding ahead. Unlike every eagle out there, this eagle had a necklace around its neck.

 

“4 new testing subjects, I hope you can give me a good price for them.” The leader of the van driver reasoned with a hoarse voice.

 

“That will depend on the condition of the girls. 3 million, and the serum that you have wanted.” A man with sunglasses opens up a delicate box, revealing a small tube of blue liquid.

 

“What could that be?” Chaeyoung asked. Without Sana and Mina, the girls are split into three pairs (Momo, Nayeon /Jungyeon, Tzuyu /Jihyo, Chaeyoung) hiding behind the buildings where the exchange takes place.

 

“I'm not very sure, and I'm pretty sure that Sowon didn't mention anything about that tube.” Nayeon tried to recall the information given by Sowon.

 

“Could it be drugs?” Momo suggested.

 

“But they are not drug dealers or addicts.” Tzuyu already did a simple background check on the people in the vans and there are no records of them in taking drugs.

 

“Dahyun, could you move closer so that we can have a better look at the serum that they are talking about?” Jihyo requested, hoping to have a better view of the tube of liquid before they could have any further guess or conclusion.

 

The quality of the miniature camera hidden in the necklace is not really good. As requested, the eagle hobbles a few step closer to the group of men ahead.

 

“I think, it could be the serum that changes us.” Jihyo guessed.

 

“It's possible. We should bring it back for research.” Jungyeon proposed.

 

“So, shall we exchange?” The leader of the van driver smile, signaling his the rest of his man to get the girls out from the van.

 

“Hold on.” The man in sunglasses stopped.

 

“Is there anything wrong Master Seven?” It is clearly that the leader is worried and afraid, cold sweat is visible on his forehead.

 

“There is someone watching us.” The man in sunglasses, known as Seven, remove his sunglasses and looked at the eagle that is resting on the car bunk.

 

“Dahyun, get out of there now,” Nayeon ordered as she kept her eyes close at the video transmission from the eagle, on her phone.

 

“This is just an eagle Master Seven.” The driver that Sana had mesmerized tried to explain.

 

“This is not just any eagle,” Seven smirked, slowly approaching the eagle as he continues, “This is one of them. You girls are here aren't you?”

 

Taken aback, the eagle took a few hops backward, opening it's wings, preparing for a takeoff.

 

“You are not going anywhere.” Seven laughed as his body starts to change.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter