Unspoken Pain and Longing

Fragile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FRAGILE
Chapter 2: Unspoken Pain and Longing

(2)

Still beautiful.

That's how Jihoon sees Seungcheol sitting across him.

They had broken up a year ago but Jihoon always felt like it was only yesterday. Sure, the pain also felt like it came from a fresh wound but he would happily welcome the pain if it means he would also feel like the happiness they felt with each other. That those moments were still fresh and happened not long ago.

"Good Morning" he greeted Seungcheol. Desperate to hear him talk.

But he didn't.

"Okay, that's the end of me accompanying you Seungcheol. Mr. Lee here will tell you everything. Goodbye Seungcheol, Goodbye Mr. Lee" Mr. Choi said as he was ready to leave but came back to whisper into Jihoon's ear.

"Tell him nothing" which he replied with a nod.

Silence...

It gave Jihoon the opportunity to study Seungcheol more. He is still the same but it's obvious that he lose weight.

"How are you and Soonyoung?" Seungcheol suddenly speak those words.

He was taken aback, he did not know what to answer. But soon his pride kicks in, as much as he want to say that he hadn't moved on yet worst he did not even try, he can't bare to say such confessions.

pride.

He smiled "Great, how are you and Jeonghan?"

He swear he had his fingers crossed, wishing there were nothing, that they simply broke up because Seungcheol doesn't want him anymore. Jihoon don't want to confirm it himself.

"Excellent" he said in a cheerful tone.

Great. That broke his heart, again.

"So, I'll be explaining why I'm here" he said.

He was ready to tell the lies and all of the nothings.

-----

"Your father came to my house and offered a deal with me" Jihoon started.

Seungcheol was intently looking, he won't miss any words that Jihoon would said. He'll find any evidence that he is missed.

"I will take care of you in, hmmm, say, 1 and a half months and ---"

He halts Jihoon's explanation by raising both of his hand and motioned for him to stop.

"T-take care of me? Why?"

Jihoon looked up, he seems like thinking "Well, your father said you are sick and it'll take at least 1 and a half month for your sickness to left you so I'll be taking care of you till then"

Oh. So my father didn't told him. Is that a relief? Can I just use my ace card as a dying man to bring Jihoon back? That thought crossed his mind but he pushed those thoughts at the most back of his mind.

The time you know you'll lose nothing, despair is your company.

"Hm- Kay, what about the deal?" He asked, dead curious as to what convinced Jihoon to take this offer.

"H-he'll make me a producer in Pledis." Jihoon said not meeting Seungcheol's eyes.

"So you're saying, my father contracted you to take care of me in less than 2 months and in exchange of that he'll plant a word in Pledis Production, he'll make you a producer in there, is that what you're trying to say?"

Jihoon nodded.

Seungcheol let out a breath of frustration.

Of course, how come he'll want to see me. That's a stupid anticipation I had right there.

"So you're doing all of this because of what my father will give in exchange?" He asked again.

Maybe.

Just maybe he heard it wrong.

"Y-yes" Jihoon confirmed.

And Seungcheol laughed enough to be heard in the whole cafe. His laughter envelops the cafe which caught everyone's attention most especially Jihoon.

Why am I laughing? Because this is just a ing joke. He needs to laugh to a joke ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter