Six

Fragile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fragile
Chapter VI

Jihoon is in his phone again.

He's speaking with Soonyoung -- he knew because he heard Jihoon said Soonyoung's name for the straight three days. He wasn't eavesdropping. It's just that whenever he'll come close to where Jihoon is he'll hear him say his name.

that Soonyoung. Can't he just stop that for atleast up to the day when Seungcheol is living?

He knew. He knew very well that this is jealousy boiling inside him. It was just like before -- how he will glare to any girl or boy who would get close to Jihoon. Anyone.

But now... He doesn't have a right. He let go of that right but doesn't mean he can't feel it.

He sighs and went inside his room stomping angrily.

Medicines. Supplements.

He wished he can believe in medicines -- the placebo effect but he'll believe that Jihoon's presence can heal him more than this medicines.

That one smile.

That hearty laugh.

That milky skin.

That creamy thighs.

That dreamy hair.

That soothing voice.

That slender hands.

That twinkly eyes.

He reminisce it all while clutching his chest and coughing his lungs out.

----

Soonyoung ed up.

Jihoon knew very well as Soonyoung retell the story in the phone.

"You stood up Seokmin's proposal? How is that even possible! Between you two. You're that clingy one. You're the one who would pepper kiss to someone and say I love you a plentiful times and you just stood Seokmin up? You do know how precious Seokmin is for me? You idiot!" He sighed out of frustration

The other line went dead silent until a breathy and shaky sigh was heard.

"I-i..  It was so sudden..  I don't know what to do at that moment ... He just kneel and.. he bring out this two beautiful rings... I was so shocked."

Jihoon listens intently. He knew Soonyoung stood Seokmin up but not the details of what really happened.

"I- i was in my office at that time. He-he just kneel but I stayed frozen in my chair overlooking him past the papers in front of me. I-i was cold. I was glued in my chair ---"

"Don't blame the chair" he cuts off.

"Okay. Not blaming the chair. And..." he stops for awhile "a rough minute pass or so and he stood up and flashed that bright sunny smile we all love. He- he wore the other ring in his hand and left without saying a thing. Worst, he's still smiling"

Something inside Jihoon shatters as he was imagining the scene. Seokmin smiling while wearing the ring thinking the other wouldn't want to wear the other half of it.

"You ed up Soonyoung"

"I've heard it a thousand times today. It's been planted in my head, try something new Jihoon. By the way, there's more."

"What?"

He sighs as if it pains him "He sent his resignation later today. The reason? Brokenhearted"

Jihoon nearly shouts and threw all things beside him but he knew he can't so he took a sharp breath "You love him right?"

"Yes" answered quickly by the other line.

"You don't want to lose him?"

"Hell, yes"

"Then I'll help you clean this mess you've made" he said too quickly.

That's why he's here, slumped in the bed or in the sofa in the living room talking with Soonyoung for the whole three days saving someone elses lovelife whereas he fails to save his.

They were talking, planning everything, so detailed that Jihoon was reminded that Soonyoung was a high profile businessman and was trained for things like this.

"--- and then there's Vernon and Seungkwan, they managed to get Seokmin attend that supposed to be party tomorrow. You'll be there, right? To oversee it all?"

"Of course! After all the hardships I went through talking to you for straight three days? Seokmin's smile will be enough to pay that off"

"That's unfair. Im your bestfriend too. I'm hurt here"

"I don't care by the way" but he laughs.

Soonyoung souds like he'd just been hit by a bus but the sound soon died that it makes Jihoon uneasy "So how's you and Seungcheol doing?"

Jihoon laughs bitterly and lowers his voice "You shouldn't put Jihoon and Seungcheol together It's "How are you, Jihoon?" And "How is Seungcheol? We're basically strangers here. He don't talk to me"

"Th-that's awful, Jihoon. I thought it'll work. Like, when you and Seungcheol will be together again. It will be like then -- like magic"

"Magic. I never believed in them Soonyoung. I... Jeonghan visited him" as the scene reeled in his mind.

"Uhhh, so?" Soonyoung said unimpressed.

"What so? He's just been visited by his boyfriend, what would you feel if you were the ex and you saw Seokmin and Wonwoo together?"

"That's heart breaking"

Jihoon mumbles an inaudible exactly.

"But Jeonghan is tied you know"

He creased his forehead, he don't quite get it.

"What do you mean by, tied?"

"Tied -- as in he's with someone else and on the record it's not Seungcheol"

It was blurry. Incomprehensive. Pile of inaudible words. Empty sentence as his mind went blank when he heard it but one thing is for sure, he's happy and he's smiling.

"Say it again"

"He's not with Seungcheol, he's with Jisoo -- Seungcheol's cousin"

And that's what Jihoon needs to see the light from the pitch black tunnel he's in. A rope, a ladder, a door, a window -- anything that will take him closer to Seungcheol again.

"I'm imagining you smiling from ear to ear now Jihoon but as much as I want to stay up late and give you details, I need a beauty rest because I'll be saving my life tomorrow. I'll come pick you up?" Soonyoung said almost a whisper.

"Sure. I already gave you the address right?"

Soonyoung hums and Jihoon eventually ends the call.

---

The sun was resigning when he came out of his room and saw Seungcheol in the kitchen cooking for dinner.

He looked at Seungcheol dreamily and the scene of their kiss went back in his mind, replaying its

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter