West Sunrises

Fragile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fragile

Chapter IX

 

It wasn't always that Jihoon wants to risk everything for someone. He's called as someone who don't care about other people and Jihoon call other people in his life insignificant, Seungcheol is the most significant thing that happened in his life.

 

As the tears of the sky were pouring hardly on the surface so was Jihoon's but as he was soaking wet, it was concealed completely by nature.

 

Hiding everything inside is what Jihoon did best. There's no in between in him, he either don't care at all or care in the deepest way. Good or bad, he just hide it all. He hides it all and though he won't voice it out loud, he wants someone to see what's inside him, to see what's he's been hiding.

 

So as the rain got in contact with his body, so as a heated body.

 

This guy doesn't have an umbrella too but even though he's soaked as I am, he still radiates warmth.

 

For no good reason, this man walked beside him and when they passed someone who sells handkerchief, the unknown guy held Jihoon's wrist to make him stop and bought a handkerchief.

 

"I don't know if it's only me but..." the guy starts wiping Jihoon's face which had been wet by the rain and his tears.

 

"Don't cry, uh? There are people around you who cares." as he flashed a smile that... For the first time made Jihoon feel warm again.

 

If you would look closely, Jihoon just looked like someone who is normally wet by the rain but to this guy, he's someone who's so precious that every move he'd seen, he can interpret it right. 

 

Jihoon was overwhelmed. Overwhelmed by how this guy feels so warm that he just want to be with him, overwhelmed how this guy knew he's crying and hurting when his own family didn't asked if he's okay even when his eyes are puffed and he's been voicing it out loud, overwhelmed by just the mere presence of him and that just make him release it all. 

 

In the middle of the road where a lot of people was passing by, he sobbed and cried into the guys chest as he clutched the hem of his shirt. He opened his heart to a stanger who eventually became the reason of the beating of his heart.

 

He realized now, as he was standing outside the door of Seungcheol's hospital room he wants to risk it all. Seungcheol is like a rain, he may just come, destroy him and left him in casualty but he can also be the answer to his prayer like how a farmer asked for rain in a state of drought.

 

The coldness of the knob made his nervousness grow, he twisted it with a messed up mind but soon it was straightened as he see Seungcheol in his bed gleefully looking at the door, as if waiting for him.

 

He flashed a twisted smile and closed the door behind him, "H-hello, I brought food" as he raised the paperbag he's holding"

 

He walked slowly to the bedside table and placed the paperbag there but he can't overlook the fact that Seungcheol has been staring at him, in his every moves.

 

"J-jihoon?" Seungcheol said in a voice full of uncertainty.

 

He spun around to see a teary eyed Seungcheol looking straight into his eyes.

 

He panicked and closed the distance between them as he cupped Seungcheol's face, "Are you hurt? Are you hurt somewhere?" as he looked for something wrong in Seungcheol's body.

 

Seungcheol took the hands cupping his face, "You're real..." he stopped as if he's just convincing himself "It was real. It wasn't just imagination that I saw when I first opened my eyes"

 

He nods and was taken aback as Seungcheol hugged him but soon hugged back and starts patting Seungcheol's back.

 

"I-i thought I'll never see you again. I thought, I'll die, I thought I was just hallucinating, I thought--" 

 

"Ssssh" Jihoon shushed Seungcheol as the older guy is sobbing on the crook of his neck

 

"I'm here. I'm here. I'm here" he repeated as if a mantra to make Seungcheol believe his eyes and for himself also.

 

Seungcheol released the hug and Jihoon took the chance to wipe Seungcheol's tear with his hands gently, just how the first man who first wiped his tears did.

 

"Stop crying Seungcheol and just smile when you're with me... How am I supposed to smile when my sunshine is hidden by dark clouds and rain?"

 

Seungcheol moved a bit farther to make space for Jihoon and patted the space.

 

"I'm sorry" they both said in unison.

 

"I still love you" they blurted out at the same time too.

 

Even the angels up above felt the atmosphere lighting up with the said words.

 

"You're so adorable, Jihoonie-- Can I kiss you?"

 

It was just like before, it was as if all those heartbreaks didn't happen as Jihoon smiles and closed his eyes.

 

It was a signal for Seungcheol as he hold Jihoon's chin and later on claimed the younger's lips.

 

It was just innocent and sweet as they broke the kiss and snuggled in bed after.

 

"You'll be discharged tomorrow" Jihoon announced.

 

"Yes, will you still come with me at our tiny house up the hill?"

 

"Of course" and Jihoon's phone starts ringing.

 

He got out of bed and looked longingly at Seungcheol, "I need to go now Seungcheol, your father is coming"

 

"W-why?" a clueless Seungcheol asked.

 

"He don't want me to see you again. I kind of just sneaked in, explained why I haven't visited you for almost a week" 

 

His phone rang again in urgency.

 

"I- i really need to go now. Eat the food I bought you, uh? I'll see you again tomorrow" 

 

He looked again at Seungcheol and mouthed the words, "I love you" before he closed the door

 

---

 

It was a bright sunny day as seen at the windows of his hospital room. The sun shine dimly at the sky, the amount of clouds were just right and the wind is blowing cold air to match the heat of the sun. 

 

It was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter