Missions

Fragile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FRAGILE

Chapter IV: Missions

(4)

There were two bedrooms, the larger one is for Seungcheol, that is where he kept all the apparatuses to make his body function until his body refuse to. The smaller just beside the larger room is for Jihoon. Jihoon is the kind of person whose day won't be complete if he hasn't taken a sip of coffee first thing in the morning so Seungcheol instructed that the coffee maker to be put inside Jihoon's room.

There's only one bathroom, that is where the lowkey couple toiletries were kept. A pair of toothbrushes standing proud beside each other, (one is purple and the other is blue), pair of towels wherein their names were embroidered. In the kitchen -- mugs, plates, spoon and forks also come in pair.

This tiny house is perfect for two --- perfect for the two of them.

"Mr. Song will eventually arrive with our luggages" Seungcheol announced when Jihoon entered the house.

Jihoon looked around the house while Seungcheol stared at him praying that he'll like the interior. But Jihoon kept a straight face and if Seungcheol had seen it right, he saw sad eyes.

Is it a mission failed?

They wander deeper the tiny house.

"This will be your room" and Seungcheol pointed to the smaller room.
"Here" he said as he gave the key to Jihoon. For a fleeting moment, their hands brushed against each other and Seungcheol felt electricity running down his spine, he wonder if Jihoon felt it too.

He coughs and he can feel the pain. He can feel it building up his chest and every bone in his body. He turned his back to Jihoon and is now headed to his room when Jihoon stopped him by grabbing his arm. Jihoon didn't use much force but he can feel the pain in it, how single touch could make him crumple and cry the pain out but luckily he is not facing Jihoon that he wouldn't see how distorted his face.

"Where are you going? It's almost lunch time. Let's eat"

Tempting offer Jihoonie, you don't know how I would like to eat with you everyday but Seungcheol don't want Jihoon to see him in this state.

"I'm not hungry" he said, trying his best so that his pain won't show in his voice.

Jihoon released his wrist. For a second, Seungcheol want to hold it back, he wouldn't care about the pain, he would just care how Jihoon's touch can make current run down his body and can make all the butterflies in his stomach alive again but he stepped forward toward his room -- away from Jihoon.

He closed the door shut as he entered his room and let his body touch the ground. He cough even more, more painful coughs but he tried his best to held in all the sounds, to keep all his pain inside.

He crawled his way to his bed, it's a good thing for others to sleep away the pain but not for him. As soon as his body got in contact with the soft futon, his body relaxed but he knew all the consequences that he'll endure when he wake up.

He sits unto his bed, still pain stinging inside his chest -- unknown if it's because of his disease or because of Jihoon.

"Leave some my morphine at my door" he sang absent mindedly while he reached for the morphine and water.

As he took the morphine he wishes that it'll also wash away the pain deep down his chest.

This could be our happy little home, Seungcheol, he said to his self while looking around the house.

It made him sad because his little imaginative house came to life but the situation isn't like what he imagined.

"This will be your room" and he pointed to the room in front "Here" as he handed the key to me and it occured , for a split second their hands came in contact with each other. By that single touch he was electrified as he can feel every nerve in his body reacting to his touch, I wonder if Seungcheol felt it too.

But then Seungcheol turned his back on him and he reflexively grabbed his wrist.

Don't turn your back on me again, Seungcheol.

"Where are you going? It's almost lunch time. Let's eat" he said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter