Chapter 8

Lost

When the troopers finally stopped coming at her, she managed to look at the scene infront of her. A few hundred bodies were piled up around her. Lifeless, cold, bodies. It was her doing. But she had no choice. 

She didn't waste another moment and started sprinting towards the capital. She knew the boys would have already arrived and were probably already in the building ready to strike. She didn't want to think of the negatives and kept her mind clear as she ran. 

When she finally arrived, the city hall's doors were completely unguarded. The bodies of the fallen troopers were laying motionlessly on the steps, door ajar, she knew they had already started. She heard gun shots from the second level of the building but before she could reach the closest staircase, guards were running towards here, shouting and shooting aimlessly at her. She tried to dodge as many bullets as she could before she drew out a flame and threw a fireball at them. She wasted no time in running up the stairs, the groans of the fallen soldiers getting faint.

The City Hall was quite the maze. She'd been running for what seemed like hours, following the sound of gun fire before she finally hit a dead end. However, she could still hear voices from the other side of the wall, so being the indestructable killing machine she was, she created a rock in the palm of her hand and threw it at the wall. As it moved in the air it morfed into some sort of ball and finally knocked the whole wall down.

"Hyun!" Kihyun cried out and ran to the other side of the debris, englufing her in an almost bone-crushing hug. 
The rest started climbing out of the room towards her, making sure she was alright. It was all smiles in that moment. 

"Did you get to the president yet?" She asked when they'd finally calmed down. 
"No. This place is crazy. One second we were running through the rooms the next, the door disappears. We were stuck in there for a solid 5 minutes, until you found us." Changkyun explained. 
"They must be using some sort of ancient magic. I had the same problem trying to find you guys. I could get us to the president if i knew the exact location of his room, but it's gonna be impossible if i don't have a map." 

Before the boys could suggest anything, Seungcheol was running towards them with a scroll in hand, Hansol sprinting behind him. 
"Good news guys, i found the president. He's in the southern chambers. Hansol found them but we need your friend to knock down the walls cause there's no other way in." He explained and then turned to Hansol.

"From what i found out, an ancient may have been used in creating these walls. Not a physical ancient, but their power. Knowing the government, they had probably found one and out all it's powers before tossing it away." He explained carefully, watching for Number 4's reaction. 

She was cringing at this point, a look of complete and utter disgust crossed her features before she went back to her resting -face. 

"We only need to get to him. It's impossible for humans to absorb ancient powers. If anyone did they would have exploded from the pressure, so that's one thing we don't have to worry about." Seungcheol continued for him. 
"Once we get to him, a good bullet to the head would wipe him out. Or Hyun can just blast him, it's up to you. At this point they would have been alerted by the facility so they'll have security everywhere. So as the saying goes, ladies first" 

Number 4 could help but snicker at the mans words. Everything he said either boosted her ego or was absolutely ridiculous. But of course she was going to listen to him. If it meant ending this deadly era, she would do it. 

Right after Seuncheol decided on a plan, they started running. Number 4 was blasting wall after wall, knowing very well it would take a huge toll on her energy levels, but she was in the mood to kill and nothing was going to get in her way. 

Finally she could heard the cries of a child from the other side of the walls. She stopped for a while, her palm raised to the wall. The others were just staring at her, but she couldn't move. What was she doing?

She was doing exactly what the man had done to her. Kill her parents right in front of her, and had taken her away. She turned around and started to walk past the group. A hand reached out to grab her. It was Shownu.

"I might have been the most quiet this whole time. If you're really worried about the child, then raise it right. To become a better person. We believe in you." 

She took a deep breath, the cries of the child didn't ring in her ears anymore. She knew the minute she blasted that wall she had to do something about the child. 

Looking back at her friends she raised her palm to the wall, focusing in her mind where she would place the protective bubble. Within seconds the wall was blasted down and everyone in the room was dead. She walked in slowly, looking around. There was no movement for a while before she walked over to the family of three. She picked up the unconcious child. He was still breathing.