Chapter 2

Lost

It was barely 3am when she woke up. A nightmare had taken over her sleep again and she was too scared to stay asleep.

Blood and flames

That's all she could remember from the day she was taken. The screams of the people in her village, the cries from her parents. Her brother. She knew deep down he was still alive, just didn't know where he was and if he was doing well. She wanted him back, but alas, she was stuck in this jail cell for eternity.

Quickly erasing her thoughts, she got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to wash up. Considering she had a whole hour to get ready, she was going to take her time. 


It was just like all those years ago. The fires that destroyed the village started of small, eventually engulfing their homes whole. His eyes tried to capture the sight infront of him, around four dozen soldiers dressed in all white marched towards their location. He knew none of them were older than him, they always sent the youngest batch of soilders to raids. 

"At least the rumours were right. Let's head off before they get here." Jooheon said, grabbing his bag.
"Little too late for that..." Minhyuks voice came out a little shaky as he pointed to the soilder who was already infront of their door. 

Kihyun grabbed his gun and aimed for the door but before it could open a scream was heard with the sound of water rushing before there was nothing but the sound of fire crackling and army troopers in the distance. Changkyun was the first to react, he walked cautiously towards the door and pushed it open. The body of the trooper was perched against the wall, blood was dripping from a very obvious hole in his chest.

"Someone's on our side, someone very deadly." He said in a low voice. The rest of the boys could tell he was worried from the crack in his voice. 


The fight had begun and the boys ran out to save their home. It was barely sunlight but the village was burning bright in orange flames. The only thing they could hear were shouts, gun shots and occasional cries for help. The army troopers numbers were going down fast, but the smaller the group, the harder it was to wipe out.

She on the other hand had seperated herself from the troopers and somehow found herself in a little shed where she changed into some old clothes laying around. They didn't smell too bad so at least she knew they weren't going to kill her. She was freaking out from the sight infront of her, it nearly triggered her enough to go crazy. 

The man she killed. She'd done it so others wouldn't get hurt, but why did she feel so bad. Why would she need to feel bad for hurting someone who was hurting others?

Erasing the thoughts from her head, she grabbed her gun and ran out of the shed where she immediately saw a trooper aiming his weapon at a woman. She didn't hesitate to shoot him down and disappeared before the woman could see her. She needed to stay low. If she killed anyone she had to make it quick. 

She made her way through the small town as quick as her feet could take her, turning corners and sprinting up every staircase that came her way, she was starting to get tired but she couldn't stop running. 

As she turned another corner a bullet whipped by, barely scraping her cheek. Her eyes examined the scene infront of her, looking for the culprit but before she could react, he dashed towards her and shot at the person standing right behind her. A trooper. She wasn't the target. 

Before she could run off she was grabbed by the man who shot at her and dragged into the closest building.

"Who are you?" He demanded, his voice dripping with authority.

She hesitated before looking up at him.

"My name is Hyun and i'm trying to survive, please let me go so i can make a move." Before she could fully stand up she was held back by another pair of arms. 
"Look here, i've never seen you around these parts in my life. For all i know you could be a spy." The one who held her back spoke.
"That's cause i don't live in these parts. I was traveling from the east gate. I'm looking from my brother. Now please let me go."

As hard as she wanted to seem, Number 4 was losing all confidence in herself. It had only been 5 minutes and she was already taken hostage by the resistance. At this point any hopes of freedom were impossible. She looked up at the boy infront of her, who smiled back down at her. For a minute she was confused. Weren't they going to kill her?

"Alright Hyun. Join us. We're all looking for something in this messed up world. But traveling alone will only make it harder." 

The grip around her torso was released and she immediately stood up, dusting off her clothes.

"Unless you want to leave and nearly get killed again." He continued, in a very mocking tone.

She looked at the two boys and sighed. What more of a choice did she have, sure she was doing well escaping the government, but how long could she really stay hidden. She had zero understanding of life outside the walls. She muttered a small fine and the next thing she knew she was in the middle of a bear hug. Outlaws were weird. 

"I'm Minhyuk and that's Hyunwoo, but we call him Shownu." 
"Well it's nice to meet you–"
"Oh yea, and there's 7 of us in total, we'll introduce you guys once we're out of here tho–"

He was barely able to finish his sentence before a trooper ran into the room, gun pointed directly at Shownu. The trooper behind him had an arm around a man, his gun pointed at Minhyuk.

"Oh leader of the outlaws, we finally have you. This should be easy." The one infront spoke. 
He pulled the trigger of his gun but before the bullet could hit Shownu, the two troopers were dead on the floor, bullet hitting the wall behind the man. Hyun wasted no time running out of the building. She couldn't hear the shouts of the boys until she reached the end of the street where around a dozen troopers were surrounding two other boys. 

Taking a deep breath, she raised her hand and pointed towards the troopers. Air shot forward and within seconds the rest of the troopers were dead. 

"Hyun... You're the dangerous ally..?"