Chapter 6

Lost

The scene after she was taken was a bloody mess. The boys had their guns out within seconds and the troopers were firing at them like there was no tomorrow. They managed to wipe out the ones at the scene but when they went to Number 4 she was gone. 

"She lied to us." Kihyun was the first to speak, a bitter smile on his lips. 
"I'm sure she just wanted to protect us." Minhyuk tried to reason but Wonho had pulled him away. 

Kihyun was definitely not one to mess with at the moment. He was staring at the spot his friend was shot. The blood she shed stained the concrete. He wanted to be mad at her for lying. But he felt his chest clench. They took her away from him. 

"I don't know about you but i'm getting her back." Wonho spoke, picking up his gun and walking away from the group. 

"I'm coming with you." Kihyun said, making the boy stop in his tracks. 
"Me too, she's family now." 
"She basically saved our lives. We're in."

The rest looked at Shownu and Hyungwon who had yet to speak up. The two boys just nodded at them, determination set on their features. 

"Mission take back Hyun it is then."

-

Her lifeless body was dragged into the building on a stretcher. She was still breathing, but barely. Knowing her condition she wasn't given much of a survival rate. She couldn't move any of her limbs but she felt and heard everything that was happening. 

She heard the troopers shout to get out of the way. She heard their director give out orders on what to do with her. She felt them attach her to the life support machine. She knew what was coming next. They were going to interrogate her again. This time it would be worse. 

-

"The government building is made out of four parts. The troopers academy, the capital, the hospital district and of course our target, the facility. That's where your friend is most likely being held right now. Knowing her condition they're probably going to have her in a ward for the moment being and transport her for interrogation. Your mission is to remove her before she's able enough to be interrogated. If you don't succeed, she'll be long gone. They would have messed her brain enough to make it so she won't remember any of you. She'll be a killing machine. The government now knows she's an ancient, so it'll be top security surrounding her." The man spoke, giving no time for anyone to interrupt. 

Right after evacuating the southern pier, Kihyun and Wonho went to track down their old friend Seungcheol to find a way to get to Hyun. He was an expert break out artist for captured outlaws and knew the government's movements before they could even strike. 

The group listened in closely to the layout of the building and started planning out exactly how they would extract their friend. Seungcheol offered to bring in his friends to help but they turned down the offer knowing they would only be putting more people in danger, but being the persuasive person he was, he managed to get his friends on it too, reasoning that his friends had more experience than the rest. 

They stayed up til the early hours of the morning planning their route and by the time they'd finish planning they were dead beat tired.

"Heads up guys, i've sent spies out to watch for activities and updates on Hyun's condition, it would be best if you made it to the east road by tomorrow afternoon, around noon to give us a head start if anything went to quickly up there." Seungcheol said before leaving them to rest. 

They were on high alert that night and made sure to have look outs while they slept knowing the troopers were on their backs. A war was going to start and they knew what they had coming for them wouldn't stop until the government went down. 

-

The beeping of the machines were too loud for her to continue her slumber. She didn't know how long she'd been out, let alone what time it was. When she opened her eyes she saw the sinister smile of the director. He was standing at the edge of the bed, hands tucked into her pockets.

"I think we know what comes after this Number 4." He said, his tone low and toxic.

She tried her best to speak, but was dry and everything hurt. She tried to moved her hands, but soon found out she had been cuffed to the bed. Why wasn't she surprised. 

"You've been asleep for two days. The doctor says your recovery rate is faster than usual. Of course that's what i would expect from someone who wiped out not one, but two of my best group of troopers." He spoke again before walking to the door.
"Also, don't expect your journey from now to be a smooth one." He added before leaving the room. 

She heard the door lock and she was left to her thoughts again. She knew she was doomed to an eternal suffering after the stunt she pulled. The amount of breaking they would do to her would be unbearable to the point her eyes watered just from the thought. She was finally free. She finally had her family back. She finally, as much as she hated to admit, fell in love. 

She knew he would never forgive her. It killed her to think about it, but as long as he was safe, that was enough for her.