Chapter 1

Lost

 

"No. 4." 
"Yes?"
"You're following today's troop."

The girl, "No. 4", saluted the man infront of her and looked back at the empty spot infront of her. Something was definitely bothering her.

"Mission will start tomorrow at 0500 hours. I expect all of you to report here at 0400 hours. Delta Dismissed."

With a "Yes sir", the group left the room, save for "No.4".

"Is there a problem Number 4?" Asked the man, his voice had obviously toned down.
"Sir with all due respect, is sending a troop to the outlands a good idea? I mean, everyone who's been there has either suffered from great injury or died." She spoke slowly and carefully, but manage to sneak a little authority into her words.

"They need to be dealt with. A great amount of them have been rumoured to be plotting against the government. You'll have to risk your life to stop them at this point. Dismissed." With that he turned away from the girl, heading down the hall. 

No.4 took a deep breath before turning around and walking out in the opposite direction. 
"Kill or be killed huh" She muttered. "That should be fun".


"What's for breakfast?" A sleepy voice asked, emerging from the make shift bedroom.
"The last egg we'll ever have" Another voice called out from the little "dining table" they had made with a wooden plank and a crate. 

Kihyun rolled his eyes at the two and blew out the flame. Sure it was eggs, but it wasn't their last. They knew very well they could get more soon.
He portioned the egg on each plate and served the two who were already at the table before heading into the bedroom to wake the rest. 

Moments later, the rest of the tired males were trudging out of the bedroom, some clearly not happy to be woken up before sunrise. It was part of their life and they had to accept it or they'd end up dead just like all their other friends. 

"What's the plan today?" The blue haired boy, Wonho, asked from across the table. 
"Well, I was going to suggest going looting again since we're out of food, but i got a message from some of the other resistance memebers saying the troops are up to something. I'd keep my guard up. They haven't shown their face around here for a very long time, this was bound to happen." Kihyun explained, picking at his food. 

"Do you think theres females within the troops?" Minhyuk asked, causing Shownu to choke on his food while Jooheon just laughed, rubbing the leader's back.
"Don't be dumb, do you really think the government would kidnap girls to fight for them? I bet females there are used as slaves or something." Changkyun retorted. 

Kihyun elbowed Minhyuk and Changkyun before standing up. "Get dressed, we're gonna go find weapons. Also, by tomorrow morning we'll be out of here so pack all your things." He paused, looking at his friend who had fallen asleep. "Also when Hyungwon wakes up, explain everything to him. I'm gonna go send out messages to the other resistance members." 

With that, the household got to work. Minhyuk went off to get their bags packed, Wonho and Shownu proceeded to wake Hyungwon up to explain the activities for the day and the two youngest members went off to find weapons. 


It was dark. It was painful. It always haunted her. All she saw was the colors red and orange. The blood, the flames. She was raised to kill anyone who disobeyed the people who killed her family. Most of the kids here would have been brainwashed. She felt different. She was tortured into thinking she was doing the right thing, but she never broke. She was stronger than ever.

"Number 4, you've been staring at the target for the past minute." The instructor called out, ticking off something on his clipboard before sighing at the girl.

A loud bang was heard and the bullet shot through the air, hitting the target square in its head. 

"9 points because you were zoning out. Training is over. Head for Dinner." He said.
Number 4 disarmed her weapon, placed it back on its rack and bowed at her instructor before walking out of the room. 

The cafeteria was crowded as usual. With students in their uniforms chatting amongst each other, it almost looked like a high school. They adapted and called this their home when she could barely wrap her head around why anyone would do this to children out of all people.

The girl grabbed a bun from the tray and headed out of the cafeteria, making sure not to make eye contact with anyone. She was already acting suspicious, having anyone notice her would be too much for her to handle. She walked up the hall and into the dorm building, where she quickly slipped into her room. She was lucky enough to have her own room instead of having to share like every other person in the facility. 

"Better get ready for tomorrow." She muttered and stripped off her clothes. The next day was going to change her life.