Chapter 3

Lost

"Are you those one of those ancients? You guys are real? I thought it was a complete myth!" Minhyuk asked, completely amazed at what she had done.

The troopers were long gone and they had ran out of the town to find a place to stay. Number 4 met the rest of the boys, but the one who caught her interest the most was Hoseok, or as they called him, Wonho. He had faded blue in his silver hair and for some reason looked a little bit like herself. The next person who caught her eyes was Kihyun. He was the mother of the group apparently, but showed a cold side to her. She knew it wasn't going to be easy to accept a new person following them, but it would help if more people would react like Minhyuk and engulf her in hugs just because she agreed to join them.

Next was Hyungwon. He was quiet, almost as quiet as Shownu, but always looked like he'd just woken up. He accepted her for the most part and even gave her a piece of bread which she was happily munching on as they walked through the forest. The two younger ones were Jooheon and Changkyun. By first glance you could already tell these two came as a pair. They were always beside each other no matter what. They were the two she had saved from the troopers, so they gave in quite easily.

"I'm not really sure how i got these "powers" but–" She paused when she could sense Wonho staring at her from behind. "I don't know.. They just came naturally?" 

"So you said you came from the east gates right? How did you survive there, it's the most government invaded place in the region." Kihyun spoke, as if taunting her to spill out the truth. She wasn't going down without a fight even if his last wish was to bring her down.
"Tunnels. I was seperated from my family. I know my parents are dead, but last i heard my brother was at the east gates, so i stayed there to find him." She spoke slowly, trying to make sense of her lie. 

"So why come down to the southern gates if what you're looking for is up back in the east?"
"Because i know he's not there. I've been looking for 4 years."

"Ok i think that's really enough about her Kihyun she's starting to look uncomfortable." Minhyuk glared at the pink haired boy. Kihyun just rolled his eyes and walked ahead of the group, where Shownu was walking. 

"Don't mind him, he's not really one to accept people so easily." Minhyuk was by her side again, and uneasy smile on his lips. 

Number 4 gave him a reassuring smile and looked back at the path infront of them. They were not going to stop anytime soon so hopefully she would have enought energy to walk. 


"We'll set up camp here. Hopefully your stunt killed every trooper, if not we'll be found out soon." Kihyun shot at Number 4.
"Oh is that what you're mad about? You can get as mad as you want at me, the government will put anyone they come across in jails, torture you until you give into their disgusting way of life. If you think the reason behind you guys being found is because i popped up around the same time your town was getting attacked then boy are you wrong." She spat out at him, picked up her weapon and stormed off. 

Minhyuk shot the pink haired boy a pointed look before taking a seat next to Hyungwon. "You  better go apologize."
Kihyun took a deep breath before walking after the girl. He wasn't going to apologize so quickly. He had to take time to think. The girl was definitely suspicious. If her family was attacked she would have been taken by the troopers. That's what happened to his brother. He was only so lucky that his parents had send him into the fields that morning. 

"Can you come down? We need to talk." He said when he reached the tree she was perched on. One of her legs was supporting her weight while the other was lazily swinging off the branch. How she managed to climb that tree so quick was beyond him. It only took three seconds before her gun was on the ground, followed by the thump of her heavy boots. 

"Did you come here to talk more about me or was i just conveniently the only person you could talk to?" She asked, voice dripping with sarcasm. Kihyun wanted so bad to just slap her, but he knew he'd angered her and didn't really have a reason to get angry. 

"I just wanted to apologize for accusing you. It was uncalled for, i'm just a little suspicious about you..." He trailed off realising the last part was not helping his case.  "Sorry i mean–" He took a pause before looking at her. "You're an ancient. Ancients disappeared after the government set new laws. It just weirds me out that we have one on our side." 

"I understand it's weird for you. But all i want is my family back. Like i said, hate me all you want, i'm getting what i need then if you want me gone, i'll disappear." She gave him a small smile before walking back to the campsite. 

Kihyun heaved out a sigh before leaning against the tree behind him. There was no way the two would get along considering they both had a cold personality. He figured he had to be the bigger person and talk to her first and it would take work but he was going to sacrifice his ego to make the group happy. 

No matter what it took