That Was My First Kiss

Friendship

Chapter III

I Just Had My First Kiss…

December 9, 2006

                Cho Kyuhyun was busy solving this math equation when there was a slight knock on the door of his room. He looked up and opened it. “Kyuhyun, I need to talk to you.” Mrs. Cho said. She looked serious so Kyuhyun nodded when his mother told him to come down stairs. He slowly descended down their living room and he saw Mrs. Choi. He smiled at her and bowed. “Hello Mrs. Choi, it’s nice to see you.” Kyuhyun greeted.

The kind lady smiled at him as he sat on the couch in front of her. “Kyuhyun I need you help.” She said. I knitted my brows together in confusion.

“Is Eun Hye in trouble?” He asked. Mrs. Choi shook her head.

“No. No. She’s not in trouble…” She paused as she took Kyuhyun’s hand in hers. “I need you to help me with Siwon.” Kyuhyun couldn’t hide the surprise written all over his face.

“I’m not sure I get what you mean Mrs. Choi.” He said.

Mrs. Choi seemed hesitant. “Well, as you know, Siwon is a basket ball varisty player.” Kyuhyun nodded not really knowing where this conversation is heading. “He had been so focused on that and he is letting his academics slip. I don’t want Eun Hye to help him because he wouldn’t listen to her. So, can I ask you a favor and tutor him?” She said. Kyuhyun was stunned. He was just asked by Mrs. Cho to tutor Siwon. Kyuhyun is still very confused about how he’s feeling ever since Siwon treated him in a nice way but seeing Siwon everyday would shake him to the core.

“Kyuhyun, will you do it? Please, I want Siwon to have a bright future.”

Since Kyuhyun is such a softie, he didn’t have the heart to turn poor Mrs. Choi down. So even if it’s Christmas vacation he agreed to help Siwon since he didn’t have anything better to do it’s better to help, right?

Two Days Later

Eun Hye was sitting on the couch as she surfed through the channels in the television. Siwon suddenly came down the stairs, dressed in a white t-shirt, faded blue jeans and his Calculus book in his hand. “Wow, I can’t believe what I’m seeing!” Eun Hye exclaimed. “Your holding a book instead of your balls!” She teased, sticking her tongue out. Siwon gritted his teeth and barked out a sarcastic laugh.

“You’re so funny Eun Hye, you should be a comedienne.” He said. “You always make yourself the laughing stock of the school so why not show the whole world who you really are right?” Siwon said in retaliation.

Eun Hye scoffed. “Oh, c’mon brother,” She said putting an arm around Siwon’s shoulder. “You know I love you, right?” She teased, pinching her twin’s cheek. “Anyway, a few pointers when dealing with Kyuhyun.” Eun Hye paused making sure that Siwon is listening. “First, before you get to his house, make sure to buy a strawberry filled donut for him—that’s his favorite, greet his parents with a bow—remember his dad, the police officer who got you and Donghae off the hook?—yeah, he’s probably there so be as polite as you can be. Lastly, always smile at my baby Kyuhyun because he smiles when other people smile at him.” Eun Hye said.

“Do I really have to do that?” Siwon  asked. Eun Hye nodded.

“D’uh, don’t you know that being friendly will make Kyuhyun feel better? He gets awkward around people he doesn’t know all that well.” Eun Hye said. “If you hurt him, I’ll cut your p*nis off and glue it to your forehead. Got it?” She warned him.

“Whatever.” Siwon muttered as he went towards the coat rack and grabbed his black trench coat and put it on. He turned the doorknob. “I’ll be home by seven, I guess.” He said as he walked out. He got on his bike and pedaled over to Kyuhyun’s house. As he was riding his bike, he noticed that a nearby corner bakeshop was open. Siwon sighed as he parked his bike and entered the shop. he looked around and saw bunch of pictures of different pastries.

“Are you looking for something?” A kind elderly lady asked Siwon. He walked up to her and smiled.

“Do you have any donuts that have strawberry filling in them?” He asked. The elderly lady nodded as she went to the back and brought out a steaming batch of donuts.

“These just came out of the oven. They’re the best when eaten warm and dipped in hot chocolate. Siwon nodded.

“I’ll take a dozen…and two large cups of hot chocolate please.” He said, giving the old lady a warm smile.

“Okay, I’ll be right back with a box then.” After a few moments, the old lady returned with the box of donuts and hot chocolate. Siwon paid for it and left. As he placed the box and hot chocolate on the basket of his bike, he saw Kyuhyun coming out of the library. He furrowed his brow. He’d never thought of Kyuhyun was someone who stayed out at this hour, but then again, he was at the police station to visit his dad when Siwon and Donghae were both detained for being delinquents. He pedaled towards him and spoke.

“Hey.”

Kyuhyun turned to look at him with a surprised expression. “Oh, hi there Siwon, were you coming over to my house for the tutoring?” he asked.

Siwon nodded. “Yeah.” He paused looking at Kyuhyun’s trembling hands. He was was just wearing light jacket. Whenever Siwon sees him, he seemed like he’d always keel over and trip. He got off his bike, took off his coat and put it around Kyuhyun.

“Uh, it’s okay, Siwon, I’m not cold.” He lied.

Siwon snorted. “Your hands were trembling just then.” He said as he got on his bike again. “You can ride in the back of my bike since we’re going to your house anyway.” He offered. Kyuhyun seemed to debate about it. “We don’t have all night you know?” Siwon said. Kyuhyun nodded.

“O—Okay, I’ll ride in the back.” Kyuhyun said a little nervously. He sat on one of the small metal like pads of the bike and held on to Siwon’s white t-shirt.

Siwon turned to look at him. “Are you going to stretch my shirt out or are you planning on falling over and injuring yourself.” Siwon grabbed Kyuhyuns hands and placed them on his waist. “There. Do it like that so we both don’t  fall over, okay?” He smiled before he started to pedal. Kyuhyun felt his cheeks go hot. The feeling of his hands grazing Siwon’s waist in entirely different…he shook his head.

This means nothing, he’s just being nice to me…besides, I’m a guy and he’s a guy too….what’s wrong with me?

As they arrived Kyuhyun got off from the back and Siwon parked his bike near his dad’s car. Kyuhyun showed him were the entrance of our house is. His mouth suddenly agape. “is something wrong?” Kyuhyun asked.

Siwon looked at Kyuhyun. “N-nothing I just never realized that your house is this big.” He said. Kyuhyun looked down.

“This house isn’t my parents house…it’s my grandparent’s house.” Kyuhyun said. Siwon nodded.

“Oh…I was just surprised because your house is huge. Sorry.” Siwon said.

“That’s okay.” Kyuhyun said. “We can do our tutoring thing in my room.” He informed Siwon.

“Uh…okay…here…” Siwon gave him the box of donuts and the still hot chocolate. “Those are strawberry filled donut and hot chocolate. The lady who owns the shop told me to…”

“To dip the strawberry in the hot chocolate. Thanks these are my favorite.” Kyuhyun said. Siwon was suddenly flustered.

“You know about that?” Siwon asked.

Kyuhyun nodded. “Yeah. Eun Hye, Eunhyuk and I frequent that shop.” Kyuhyun motion for Siwon to enter the house first. “My parents are out tonight because they went to Jeju Island to meet with my uncle so we have the place all to ourselves.”

“Oh. Okay.” Siwon nodded as he took in the mansion like house right before his very eyes. Siwon placed his bag down as Kyuhyun gave his coat back.

“Thanks for letting me wear it.” He said.

“No problem.” Siwon replied nonchalantly. A few hours passed and it was already way thirty minutes after eleven, Siwon was already asleep and Kyuhyun was dozing off as well so he decided to help Siwon to his bed and he’ll just sleep on the floor. As he was doing so, he didn’t realize that Siwon was pretty heavy and when he backed up a bit, they fell on the bed. Kyuhyun felt Siwon’s lips grazed his own. His eyes widened as he felt the other boys soft lips on his. He closed his eyes for a few seconds then came to the realization of what he was doing and he pushed Siwon off—he was still asleep, thankfully.

Kyuhyun sat up and touched his lips, a small, whisper like smile came across his face.

That was my first kiss…

 

At the Choi House Hold that Same night

“Eun Hye, sweetie, can you open the door?” Mrs. Choi asked her door. She did as she was told. She opened the door and saw Lee Donghae stading in front of her.

“My, my, my look what the cat dragged in.” Eun Hye said. She couldn’t hide the annoyance in her voice. Dinghae rolled his eyes.

“I need to talk to Siwon.” He said directly.

“He’s not here.” Eun Hye said with a disdained look on her face.

“What do you mean he’s not here?” Donghae asked. Eun Hye looked at him from head to toe and snorted.

“Do you not get the “He’s not here” phrase?” She retorted. Donghae knitted his brows together. “Are you here to drag him out again and do illegal things?” She asked.

Donghae gritted his teeth. “Just tell me where he is. I need to ask him something.”

Eun Hye looked at him and sneered. “I don’t owe you anything for me to grant your request, Mr. Lee Donghae. Now If you’ll excuse me, I have a lot of better things to do than deal with you, okay?” She said as she slammed the door in front of Donghae’s face.

“She’s so rude.” Donghae muttered as he kicked the snow that had build up in the front walkway. He didn’t know where else to go. He came here to meet Siwon to borrow money so he can at least it a decent meal. Ever since that incident at the police station, he left his house without the knowledge of his mother and hasn’t been back home for four days; suddenly his stomach started to growl and he shook his head willing for the hunger to subside. The last thing that he ate was a piece of candy and that was two days ago. As he was beginning to walk back to the front gate of the house, he suddenly felt dizzy. His vision starting to blur, then he suddenly just collapsed.

End of Chapter

Do leave some comments and I hope you enjoyed reading!