Oh Please, Please, Hold Your Applause...

Friendship

Chapter II

Oh, Please, Please, Hold Your Applause…

December 5, 2006

“Mom, do I really have to do this right now?” Donghae groaned as he began to chop some mushroom.

Mrs. Lee turned to her son and gave him a disdained look. “Donghae, when will you ever grow up?” She asked him, whilst tapping her foot on the wooden floor of their kitchen. Donghae snorted.

“Mom, if you haven’t noticed, it, I am all grown up!” Donghae announced as he roughly and painstakingly chopped the mushroom, botching it in the process. Mrs. Lee shook her head in dismay.

“That’s not what I meant Donghae. You don’t mature just because you grew a couple of inches taller.” She paused eyeing Donghae making sure that he is listening. “After your father left, you did nothing but mope around and focus on baseball. You don’t even take the time study and when the school mail your grades, all of them are low.” She said evenly.

“Well it’s not my fault you couldn’t keep Dad in place.” Donghae spat. “It’s your fault that dad left because you were too busy working as an engineer for that stupid company! You never even bothered to take care of me, your only son!” He pointed to himself.

Mrs. Lee looked at Donghae and walked over to him and slapped him hard across the face. “How dare you Lee Donghae!” She scolded. “You do not have the right to talk down on me like that. I am still your mother. Yes! I admit I was busy working my off but do you even know why I do what I do?” Her voice was getting emotional and Donghae couldn’t care less about it.

“Say what you will but you never deserved to be my mother!” He responded angrily as he walked out on his mom. She just sat on the chair and cried as Donghae slammed the door shut and went for his motor bike and drove of like a mad man.

He hated his father for leaving them for another woman. He hated his mother for letting his dad cheat on her. He hated himself for even being in that family.

 

That evening at the Choi Household

“Guess who’s going to be the captain of the basket ball team next semester?” Siwon marched inside his twin sister’s room. “Me!” He pointed to himself. “Oh, please, please, hold your applause.” Siwon said as he bowed.

Eun Hye looked at him warily. “Wow, you’re so talented!” She said sarcastically. “Must be nice to shoot some balls in a basket, huh?” She paused, standing up to put the book she was reading back in its shelf, and then she turned to Siwon. “Maybe next time, you should shoot your balls in that basket as well. Or better yet, shove your whole d*ck in that basket for all I care.”

“Why are you being such a b*tch again?” Siwon said as he snarled at his sister.

“Well, let’s just say you bring it out of me, you a*shole.” She said. “Besides, since when did I care about your stupid basket ball endeavors?” She asked. “You never even bothered with my decathlon competition so, why should I mind yours?” Eun Hye Snapped. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’d want you to leave me alone and go with your lady parts still intact okay?” She began to push Siwon out of her room.

“Crazy b*tch!” Siwon said as he got kicked out of his sister’s room, again. Come to think of it, this always happens. Siwon always thought that he and Eun Hye would always be rivals because they are twin but this seriously takes the cake. He feels like they just hate each other. They’d always had this brother, sister dynamic. He would tell her something wouldn’t like, she would get mad, and then, he gets kicked out. “Me and my sh*tty life.” Siwon muttered before heading down stairs. Suddenly, his LG Flip phone buzzed. He took it out of his pocket and saw Donghae’s name flashing on the small screen. He answered it after the third buzz.

“Yo, what’s up?” He asked as he wedged the phone between his ear and shoulder as he went to the kitchen and opened the fridge to get a bottled watter.

“Let’s drink tonight!” Donghae said. Siwon immediately noticed the sadness in his friends voice even if e masked it with a happy undertone.

“Is something wrong?” He asked.

“Nope, nothing’s wrong! Let’s just meet up later! Can you sneak out later, we can meet girls as well, I know this bar right around the mall!”

“Okay, I’ll see if I can sneak out later. I’ll see ya, dude!” Siwon said as he flipped his phone off and slid it in his pocket. Something about his conversation with Donghae was a bit off but he shook it off. Anyway, he’ll be going out later and do some underage drinking! Oh the thrill!

 

Eunhyuk’s Household that same evening

“I just don’t know what to do anymore Kyu.” Eunhyuk said as he scratched the bridge of his nose.

“Well, how do you feel when she is with you?” Kyuhyun asked. You see, Kyuhyun was the only person who knows about how he feels for Eun Hye. Yes, Eun Hyuk already has a plan but whenever he sees her, he just gets nervous. It’s a funny thing though that Eun Hye seems too oblivious of the way he feels for her.

“My heart races every time I see her.” Eunhyuk replied. “I mean, she makes me smile whenever I look at her. Ever since I saw her riding her bike to school when we were in elementary, she had me hooked already.”

Kyuhyun nodded. “Well, why don’t you just tell her now?” Kyuhyun paused, looking at his watch. “It’s still pretty early.”

Eunhyuk chuckled at Kyuhyun’s suggestion. “Kyu, that’s easier, said than done.”

“Well, it’s better to tell her than regret it someday, right?” Kyuhyun said. Eunhyuk nodded. He knew that his young friend was right but he can’t seem to make himself say it.

“Enough about me,” Eunhyuk said. “What about you, little Kyu? Any girls catching your eyes?” He asked. Kyuhyun cleared his throat. Is it weird for a sixteen year old young man to not even have feelings for other girls his age? Is weird that he gets butterflies in his stomach whenever he sees Choi Siwon’s smile? “Earth to Kyuhyun, I believe I asked you a question.”

Kyuhyun shook his head and looked at Eunhyuk. “I—I’d rather focus on my studies right now.” He said rather nervously. Eunhyuk nodded, not noticing Kyuhyun’s hands were trembling.

 

At the Police Station that same night

“Tell me your names and you age please.” The firm voice of the police officer immediately made Siwon feel nervous. This was the first time that he’d ever been in one. What would his parents say? Meanwhile, Donghae was just sitting there as if nothing bad had happened and it is starting to irk Siwon of. “Are you two really not going to speak?” The officer asked in a more commanding voice.

“I—I will speak.” Siwon said nervously. “I—I’m Choi Siwon…I’m turning seventeen in a few months….” His voice was cracking as if he was about to cry. Siwon nudged Donghae, telling him to speak up as well. Donghae sighed lazily as if he didn’t care about this whole situation.

“I’m Lee Donghae, seventeen years old and this is really stupid. Me and my friend didn’t do anything wrong.” He said a little arrogantly.

“Hyung…” Siwon said trying to make Donghae think straight.

“You’re a very cocky kid, huh? Let me say this to you, underage drinking, sneaking in a private property, and resisting arrest can get the two of you in to the juvenile court.” The officer said.  “Give me your home phone numbers, I’ll give you parents a call and you guys will hear and earful from them when they get here.” The officer gave them a piece of paper so they can jot down their phone numbers. With trembling hands, Siwon wrote the number but as for Donghae he just sat there.

“Young man, are you really not going to write your home phone number? Don’t you want your parents to know what you did?” He asked Donghae.

“They don’t care about me.” Donghae said rather directly which made Siwon look at him in disbelief. He grabbed the piece of paper from Donghae’s hand and wrote down Mrs. Lee’s mobile number. Donghae looked at Siwon but he turned away hating himself for dragging Siwon into this mess.

 

Later that evening

Kyuhyun was riding his bicycle when he decided to stop by the police station to visit his dad. He walked up to the stairs and immediately saw Eun Hye in the waiting area. “Hey, Eun Hye!” He shouted from the other end. The petite young woman looked at him and waved. He walked up to her and sat. “What are you doing here at this hour?” He asked.

“My brother and that Donghae got in trouble for doing who knows what.” Eun Hye said. Kyuhyun felt his stomach roil. Siwon did something wrong?

“Anyway, my parents blew a gasket and now, Siwon is grounded forever.” Eun Hye paused turning to look at Kyuhyun. “How about you? Here to visit your dad?”

Kyuhyun nodded. “Yeah, I mean, it’s been a while since me and my dad ate dinner man to man you know. So I decided to surprise him.”

Eun Hye nodded. “Do you think Siwon’s going to be in big trouble?” She asked him. “I mean, he may be annoying twenty-four-seven but he is still my big brother and I love him.” Eun Hye paused. “Don’t tell him that or he’ll get cockier than he already is.” She warned.

Kyuhyun shook his head. “I’m actually not sure. But since him and Donghae are underaged, I guess it’ll be a light punishment.”

Suddenly the door from the small conference room opened up and Kyuhyun’s father went out followed by Mr. and Mrs Choi and another women who Kyuhyun and Eun Hye presumed as Donghae’s mother. Then, Siwon and Donghae came out as well with their heads bowed.

“Oh, Kyuhyun, you’re here?” Mr. Cho asked his son. Kyuhyun nodded and smiled at his dad then turned to look at Siwon who in turn looked at him but turned away as if he was embarrassed that Kyuhyun was seeing him in this bad way.

“Thank you again for your help office Cho, we will make sure to straighten these two out.” Mrs. Choi said as she glared at Siwon for the first time in his life.

“It’s nothing. Kids will be kids.” Mr. Cho said as he patted Siwon and Donghae’s shoulders. “Don’t let me see you too here again unless you decide to be a police officer someday.” He said.

Siwon nodded as he bowed his head before turning to leave with his parents and Eun Hye. “Kyuhun, see you tomorrow at my house okay! We have to watch The Notebook again!”

Kyuhyun nodded. “Yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow! Take care!” He said waving. Then he turned to his dad. “You look tired pop.” He a worried look coming about on his face. His father put an arm around his shoulder and smiled. “You and your mom worry so much about me kiddo. I’m fine. I’ll be out in few minutes. Let’s grab a late dinner okay?” Mr. Cho asked. Kyuhyun nodded smiling.

End of Chapter

Do leave comments! I hope you guys enjoyed reading!