Chapter 9

Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sooyeon-ah! Wait for me!” Mirae shouted as she tried to catch up with Sooyeon who was breeze walking away from the dormitory. “Yah, let’s go to the rooftop, I will go buy some coffee,” she suggested when she finally caught Sooyeon’s shoulder. Looking back at Mirae with teary eyes, Sooyeon nodded silently as she followed Mirae to the school’s mini mart.

 

    Slightly warmed by the hot coffee, Mirae shocked Sooyeon by taking out a pack of cigarettes and lighter from her jacket. “What? Don’t think I don’t know that you smoke whenever you are stressed? During the college entrance examination period, you perpetually smelled like a BBQ restaurant every time you returned from your ‘fresh air’ break” Mirae quotation marks in the sky before offering Sooyeon a stick.

 

    Smiling at how attentive Mirae was, Sooyeon took a deep drag on the cigarette, allowing the nicotine to fully warm up her lungs before exhaling again. Staring at the cigarette in her hands, Sooyeon finally broke the silence when she saw Mirae exhaling the smoke out too. “Aren’t you going to ask what happened?”

    “Do you want me to?”

    “I don’t know. I don’t know what I want right now. ”

    “Then how about I tell you what I think I might know?” Mirae said as she sat down on the concrete floor beside Sooyeon, leaning on the wall behind her as she blew her smoke up into the sky. Taking Sooyeon’s silence as consent, Mirae took another sip from her coffee.

 

    “You love Eunbin. And on some level, Eunbin loves you too. From the way you two act around each other, helping each other out on the most mundane of activities, any stranger would think that you two were an old couple that have lived together for a long time. I used to think that you two were just really close best friends, but the goggly eyes you make at Eunbin whenever you think nobody's looking tells me otherwise. Am I right?” Mirae asked as she stared up into the sky.

 

    “Mmm. You are right. I never really told you the details of my bullying in Seonam right?” Sooyeon looked at Mirae as she turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter