Chapter 17

Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After checking herself in the car’s reflection, she waved the chauffeur off, before turning to face the gate of Sooyeon’s house. When they dated a year ago, they spent more time at Eunbin’s house because Sooyeon’s mother was always at home, thus giving them no privacy. Taking in a deep breath, she pressed the intercom and waited to be buzz in.

 

Sooyeon’s mother greeted her at the door and welcomed her in. Being the first time she met her mother, Eunbin quickly saw the resemblance between the mother and daughter. “My husband is not back yet, so we’ll have to wait awhile, he should be home in like 20 minutes. Do you want anything to drink? Have you eaten dinner?” Her mother fussed over her as she took her jacket to hang.

 

“I don’t mind waiting, and no I haven’t eaten yet.” Eunbin said as she bowed, tucking her hair behind her ear nervously. The glint of her ring caught Sooyeon’s mother’s eye, but she did not say anything.

“Ah, then join us for dinner! It has been awhile since we’ve had company” ushering Eunbin to the living room. “If you don’t mind, I still need to finish dinner, look around, and treat this as your own house.”

 

Eunbin bowed again as Sooyeon’s mother retreated back into the kitchen. She walked around the living room, looking at the pictures and trophies that decorated the shelves. Sooyeon was such a chubby child when she was younger. Her trophies were all from literary competitions, explaining why she was so eloquent in her poetry. Seeing a particular cute picture of her, Eunbin immediately took out her phone to snap a picture.

 

“She’s so cute, isn’t she? I don’t know why that smiley child grew up to become so sullen. It is definitely her father’s DNA, he is such an expressionless man” Sooyeon’s mother came out of the kitchen drying her hands as she smiled at Eunbin. “Come here, I can show you more” she gestured to the sofa before going to the cabinet to take out a photo album.

 

As they laughed about Sooyeon’s childhood, the door unlocked and a voice sounded, “I am home”. Suddenly Eunbin stood up and straightened her dress. When Sooyeon’s father appeared at the doorway, she immediately bowed 90 degrees, “Ah annyeonghaseyo, I am Park Eunbin, Sooyeon’s friend from Seonam.”

 

Hearing the school’s name, Sooyeon’s father’s eyebrow twitched. “From Seonam? What do you want?” he looked at Eunbin, giving her a once over, lingering a bit on the ring that was on her finger.

“Erm… I wanted to introduce myself to the both of you. This is a small gift” Eunbin said as her palms started sweating, feeling pressured by Sooyeon’s father’s aura.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter