Chapter 2

Charmed

 

Moonbyul blinked and shielded her eyes from the blazing sunlight shinning upon her. She groaned out loud and with both of her hands still covering her face, she sat up on the couch.   

Rubbing sleep from her eyes, she was about to stand up when she suddenly leaped backward with a loud, “Jesus!”

Sitting comfortably on the floor in front of the couch, with her chin resting on her raised knees was Wheein. She laughed when she saw the shocked look on Moonbyul’s face and jutted out her tongue playfully, “Did I scare you?”

“You think???” Moonbyul raked her fingers on her hair roughly, her heart beating like crazy, it seems like that girl just erased 10 years out of her life line.

“What are you thinking sitting there anyway?”

“Awww, but you looked so cute sleeping like that, I like watching you. Come on, I made coffee.” She stood up and pulled the reluctant Moonbyul out of the couch and into the kitchen.

The smell of coffee permeated the air and Moonbyul calmed down a bit after she had her first sip of the brew. It was actually quite good, just the way she liked it, a hot black coffee.

“So this is your apartment?”

Moonbyul nodded, she never one to have conversation in the morning especially before she finished her cup of coffee, so she opted to just use her body language.

“I like it! Can I stay here?”

Moonbyul coughed out loud and waved her hand, indicating that she’s fine when Wheein quickly moved to her side to pat down her back.

“I’m fine. I’m fine.” She croaked out before walking to the kitchenette and took out a cloth to wipe the mess she just created.

She smiled a little at the girl and accepted her offered glass of water and gulped it down greedily, “I’m taking you to your dad place before I go to the office, your luggage is still in my car, so you are welcome to raid my closet.”

“How about I just asked my dad to bring my stuff over here? I mean it when I asked you, can I stay here?”

Moonbyul stared at the girl in disbelief, “come again?”

“Unnie, are you already that old until there’s something wrong with your hearing? I. Want. To. Stay. Here. With. You.” And with the last word she jumped into Byul’s embrace, giggling slightly when Moonbyul yelped and forced to tightened her hold on Wheein's body.

“Wheepup! You’re not 13 anymore for godsakes, stop jumping me.”

“I know.” she smiled down at Byul and the latter just realized that she had the perfect view of the girl’s asset. The tight black tank top gave her the perfect view of Wheein’s cleavage while the white short gave her access to the smoothness of the girl’s thigh and Moonbyul groaned.

“I was kind of hoping that you’ll be sleeping with me last night, why do you have to sleep on the couch?” Wheein asked innocently.

Moonbyul actually grimaced at her choice of words. Closing her eyes tightly so she didn’t have to be eyes to s, she let the girl down and walked quickly toward her bedroom, shouting “I’m going to take a shower” over her back, groaning when she heard the light laughter from the kitchen area.

***

 

Moonbyul dropped Wheein back to her parent's house, thankful that Wheein's mother already awake to open the door for them. Then, using work as an excuse, she speed over to the office, possibly driving even more reckless than a cab driver on crack.

She stormed toward old Jung office, before addressing him with a clipped voice, “Your daughter. Home. Safe.” She then her heels, ignoring the robust laughter coming from inside the office.

Moonbyul just reached her office when Hyejin came over, ipad and coffee mug in hand, she sat unceremoniously onto the seat in front of Moonbyul’s desk.

“I can’t believe my luck, seriously, first my assistant got married, then my second assistant have a maternity leave, now my THIRD assistant just told me that she’s getting married in two weeks!! Lend me one of your assistant?” Hyejin threw her best puppy dog look at Moonbyul, and batted her eyelashes just for the sakes of it.

Moonbyul covered her face with one hand, while her other hand was put in front of Hyejin’s face to blocked whatever cutesiness invading her eyes sight, “Ugh, stop. I haven’t even had my breakfast yet, don’t make me hurl.”

“Meh, you’re not fun, so what do you say, friend? Lend me one of your assistant or two?”

“Yeah sure, my case load kind of light anyway, I just wrapped up two projects last week. So yeah, I can spare you my minions, just don’t over work them.”

Hyejin grinned happily, “Awesome! You’re the best! Anyway, what’s with the long face? Don’t tell me you’re actually unhappy because you don’t have enough work to do?” Moonbyul’s workaholic-ness was legendary and can only be compared to Yongsun’s, but that’s another story altogether. 

“Nothing, not enough sleep, that’s all.” She rubbed her temple slowly, fending off the headache she’d sure come soon.

Hell, she can’t exactly tell Hyejin that the reason of her bad mood was because she wasn’t sure which one she should feel more embarrassed of, getting caught checking out her partner daughter’s or the fact that the girl actually winked at her afterward.

And then there was the after shower incident.

Moonbyul cringed as she remembered the moment she stepped out from the shower and almost got a heart attack, when she saw Wheein already sitting Indian style on her bed, a pillow on her lap, smiling at her with that freaking innocent smile on her face.

She literally had to carry the girl out of her room when she won’t even budge, no matter how many time Moonbyul gave her hints that she was going to change. Moonbyul frowned, it was actually the first time she felt uncomfortable undressing in front of, well…. anyone.   

A snap of a finger in front of her face brought her back to reality and she came face to face with a worried expression of Hyejin, “Okay, seriously, you’re freaking me out. What’s on your mind?”

“Lack of sleep, I told you. By the way, Yongsun’s coming over for lunch. it’s been ages since we have a great lunch out together.”

Hyejin nodded while sipping her coffee before standing up from her seat, “Take a nap, someone, just not an assistant, I need them. Do whatever it is you need to do, but dude, wipe that frown off your face, you’re scaring me.” She shook her head and then left the frowning Moonbyul to her own device.

***

 

After lunch with two of her favorite people in the world and a big serving of margarita along with it, Moonbyul was smiling once more when they reached the office.

That smile however, soon turned into a frown when the senior partners summoned all of them to the conference room for an emergency meeting.

She searched her brain for any possible emergency and can’t find anything on the docket that merits an emergency meeting like this.

Her steps stopped on the track when she realized the reason of the meeting, or to be exact, who. She looked up at the ceiling and murmured to herself, “Universe, you have got to be kidding me.”

“Who are you talking to?” Hyejin whispered from behind her and Byul actually leaped off of her feet.

“Jesus, Hyejin! The hell…” she glared at her grinning friend and took a deep breath before proceeding to take a seat beside Hyejin, which coincidentally made her seated directly across the young woman whose been running rampant through her head all day.

She lowered her gaze when Wheein actually winked at her from across the table. A motion that did not escaped Hyejin’s sharp eyes.

The latter nudged at Moonbyul with her elbow and spoke ventriloquist-ly through the side of , “did she just wink at you!?”

“Shut up.” Moonbyul whispered discreetly before turning her attention fully toward the two senior partners of their law firm.

The side of her face felt burned by the gaze sent her way, yet Moonbyul was determined to ignore the unspoken request for Moonbyul to look Wheein’s way.

She drowned out whatever it was that the other senior partner was yapping on in front of the meeting room. She clapped politely when Wheein stood up and gave a 90 degrees bow to everyone in the room and introduced herself.

And she smiled and nodded her head when old Jung said that his daughter will be interning with their law firm and will be mentored by one of their greatest asset and how he hoped that Moonbyul will take a good care for his precious daughter… wait what!!!???

She snapped out of her bubble world and gaped at the smiling partners in front of her. She lifelessly let old Jung and old Kwon shook her hand and catched the smirk playing on Hyejin’s lips and then there she was…..  Wheein, smiling sweetly at her, with one of her hand rose to wave at her. 

The pony tail that she sported when Moonbyul dropped her at the Jung mansion was non-existent. Her gleaming blonde hair was loose around her shoulder, her little black dress set off her milky white skin beautifully and as she stood there with poised that could only be achieved by good old wealth breeding, Byul can’t help but smiled back at her.

*H.O.L.Y.C.R.A.P. What just happened??*

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

Awww thank you for all the interest in reading this sad attempt of a romance story >,<  I have to be honest that I predominantly only write angst and urban fantasy (I'm talking vampire, shapeshifters, and witches) so, a lite romance story, especially fluff is a HUGE departure from what I'm used to write. So, please bear with me and if all of you have any critics or comments, feels free to do so! 

This story will be my training ground on a light story making, so a little bit of angst here and there wont be avoidable. However, the overall tone would be as light as I could possibly write ^^ Chapter 3 is in the making, and I'll try to update as soon as possible. Ciao Bella!