Chapter 4

Charmed

 

Moonbyul did not even looked up from her laptop when she heard someone opened her office door, figuring that it might just be the cleaning lady tidying up for the day. She never anticipated the move until two hands encircled her neck and a pair of soft lips brushed against the shell of her ear.

“Unnie... “

Heat spread across her face as her heart beat picked up, “Wha...”

Wheein let go of her hold and whirled Byul’s chair around, using both of her hands to trap the older woman in her seat.

“It’s 11 PM, everybody else went home already.” She then pointed at the packed meal that she put on Byul’s table.

“Courtesy of my mom, her exact words were ‘make sure that walking skeleton eat something, I swear even the slightest wind will knock her over’.” Wheein imitated her mother’s voice to Moonbyul’s amusement and her stomach chooses that exact moment to growl.

Her blush deepened when Wheein chuckled lightly, “Uh, I guess I could eat something.”

The younger woman rolled her eyes, “Of course you could.” She leaned over the desk to retrieve the packed meal, opening the package to reveal rice with assortments of meat and side dishes. Moonbyul’s stomach growled again when the delicious smell reached her senses.

“Now be a good girl and bring your food to the sofa and eat.”

One perfectly shaped eyebrow raised, Moonbyul smirked at the adorable girl in front of her, “Did you just ordered me around? You do realize that I’m your boss, right?”

Wheein mock gasp before leaning forward, towering over the still sitting woman, “You do realize that it’s already way over office hour right, genius? Right now, you’re not my boss. I’m not your intern. We’re friends now, so shut up and eat up already.”

Moonbyul laughed, hand reached out to tuck a whisp of Wheein’s hair behind her ear, she smiled, “Fine, grumpy head. Geez, you’re bossier than your dad.”

“Of course I ‘am, my father has no mean bones on his body. I got my bossiness from my mother.” Wheein winked before grabbing hold on Byul’s hands and pull her out of the chair, “Seriously, do you put glue or something between your and the chair? No one and I mean, no one work more than you do in this entire building.”

Pushing Byul toward the couch, she brought the food to the table then sat beside the starving woman. A small smile adorning her pretty face as she watched Byul wolfed down the food in front of her.

“Good?”

Moonbyul, both cheeks full with food, glanced at the younger woman and nodded before continuing her effort to finish the food in world’s record.

Grinning, Wheein pulled out her phone from her pocket and snapped picture after picture of the other woman.

Blocking the phone with her hand, Byul chewed vigorously before gulping down, “Ya! What are you doing?” hand massaging her own chest from the effort it took to gulp down such amount of food.

“Isnt it obvious? I’m taking picture of you.”

Walking toward the small fridge hidden on the cabinet near her desk, Byul took out two bottled water. Giving one to Wheein, she finished hers off in a few second. “Why would you take pictures of me?”

“Evidence. The world needs to know that the Mighty Moonbyul looked like a cute hamster when she’s eating.”

Eating in a slower pace after she satiated her hunger, Moonbyul simply shook her head, “Mighty Moonbyul?”

“That’s just one of your nicknames by the way.” Wheein grinned before motioning to Byul that she wants one of the meat. Chuckling, Byul feed the happy puppy.

Chewing slowly, Wheein pointed at Byul, “So, tell me unnie, is it true that you broke almost all the women’s heart in this office?”

“Hyejin will eat you alive if you dare asking her if I ever broke her heart.”

“The operative word here is ‘almost’. Not ‘all’. I might only join this law firm less than 24 hours ago, but even I know that Hyejin sunbaenim is not to be messed with.”

Moonbyul nodded, “She’ll eat you for breakfast.”

“Really? So she likes eating interns for breakfast?” Wheein smirked, “Interesting.”

Moonbyul choked on her chicken, “Wait, are we talking about the same kind of eating?” Looking at the smirk on Wheein’s face, Byul groaned, “Never mind. Ugh, I’m full. Tell your mom thank you for the food, it was really kind of her.”

“She’s been feeding you on and off since you were interning here, It was nothing. AND, you’re deflecting! You haven’t answered my question.”  A soft slap landed on Byul’s arm as the puppy tried to look menacing and failed miserably.

Trying with all of her might, Moonbyul can’t help but melt a little at the cuteness that Wheein showed.

“I never mix business with pleasure. That’s all that I’m going to say.”

Wheein tilted her head a little, looking at Byul with unreadable expression, making the latter slowly and surely became self-conscious, “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Nothing, you’re just beautiful.” Wheein answered nonchalantly. “On to the next question then, is it true that people actually signed up as clients just to be able to see you?”

Moonbyul barked a laugh, “I think I know who you’ve been talking to, Seulgi need to learn to keep shut.”

“Eish Unnie, do you really think that Seulgi sunbae is my only source of information. You underestimated your legendary status in this law firm then. Want me to do a recap?”

Interest piqued, Moonbyul motioned with her hand for the younger woman to go ahead, “Do I need a drink to hear your recap?”

“You have something heavy?” Wheein waggled her eyebrow and Moonbyul chuckled.

“That bad?”

“Not really, I just want a drink, that’s all.”

Thinking that a round of stiff drink would not hurt anyone, Moonbyul once again walked toward her desk and produced two tumbler glass and a 21 years old Hibiki whiskey, “Hibiki alright?”

She poured a decent amount and handed over one to the eager puppy, who finished the glass off in a heartbeat.

Nodding, Wheein patted the seat right next to her, “Come here, you might want to sit down for this. No? Suit yourself.  So, do you know that you have a fan club? Like, an honest to god, with paying member fan club? The secretaries and receptionists set it up, and I’m pretty sure only the senior partners and Hyejin sunbaenim who were not a member.”

“And you know this how?” sipping her drink slowly while smiling with disbelief, Moonbyul watched on, almost transfixed by the light of mischief playing on Wheein’s brown eyes, *she has a beautifully expressive eyes....*

“I joined of course! I even bought the goodies, 2 photo books of you.”

Almost chocking on her drink, Byul just stared blankly on the suddenly concerned puppy, “Excuse me?”

“Photo books. Well, they have T-shirt with ‘Gay for Moonbyul’ written on it but I came out from the closet so long ago, and not just for you, so the point is moot. Oh! They also have this cute coffee cup with level of hotness, with the scalding hot level changed into your name. What else? Hmmm... Stationary, posters, calendar, and many more I think, remind me to ask them again tomorrow.”

“And you... bought two of the photo books? Where do they take the pictures from?” brain already running in full gear, making possible new rules in the office, what the hell were they thinking?

“Don’t even think about reprimanding them! It was harmless! They took picture of you around the office, you just too dense to realize it. And yes, I bought two. One for looking at your beautiful pictures and the other one to draw on, since sometimes you can be super annoying! Like today! You ignored me the whole day, so I drawn a devil horn on one of your picture!” Wheein stick out her tongue at the dumbstruck Moonbyul and finished off her drink in a flash.

“This is really good stuff.” Topping off her glass once more, the young woman leaned back on the couch and looked at the still dumbfounded lawyer.

“All the paralegal thought you walk on water. That is when you decided to bestowed them with one of your chivalrousness. The junior lawyers practically hero worship you and thought that your words are the law holy bible and that you can’t do no wrong. So, there! Do you want to hear anything else, your royal lawyer-ness?” smiling sweetly, Wheein almost laughed at the disbelieving look that seem to took permanent resident on Byul’s face.

“You’re joking right? Tell me you’re just pulling my leg.”

Wheein shook her head no and Moonbyul groaned out loud, “What were they thinking??”

“It’s not a bad thing, unnie. I think it was rather cool that you could charm all of them like that. So, the part that you actually gained clients just by smiling at them, that’s also true right?”

“What! No! We provide the best law services possible, do you actually think that smiling will win cases??”

Frustrated, she finished off her drink and adds another round to her tumbler, already making up her mind to set a meeting and to address this non-sense. She can’t have the partners think that she all she had to do was smile and ... a cold hand pressed against her right cheek and Byul startled to see that Wheein already stood in front of her.

“Hey, don’t assume that they didn’t think highly of your skill. I mean, Taehyung practically showered you with praises from here to high heaven. And my father....” Wheein smile, a blindingly serene smile that almost took Byul’s breath away.

“My father always said that you are one of the treasures that he would never exchange for the world, and he thank God everyday that you decided to intern and work here. I mean... if I didn’t know better, I would think that my dad would rather have you as his daughter, that way he won’t have to think about who will succeed this law firm for him.” Her smile turned sad and it was Moonbyul’s turn to tapped Wheein’s head softly.

“Don’t be stupid, your father can’t be more proud of you. He practically threw a party when you were elected valedictorian when you were graduated.”

Smiling softly, Wheein circled her arms around Byul’s neck and touched their forehead together, “And my mom sent me pictures of both of you together when they appointed you as the youngest partner here. Do you remember? He has his arms around you like a proud father.”

Moonbyul nodded, smiling at the happy memory that suddenly took her over. Tightening her hold on the young woman’s body, they stood there in a companionable silence and Moonbyul realized that she miss the tiny human being that used to cheer her up when she was still a self-doubting young intern.

“Okay, enough of this mellowness! I demand you to take me around Seoul! It’s been ages since I went back home and I haven’t even seen the night scenes in my own home-town. That’s just not right.”

“Now? You want me to take you out now?” Moonbyul laughter died on when she suddenly realized that the young woman in her arms already changed out her little black dress and instead wearing a red and black checkered flannel shirt with two of the top button undone, tucked into a very little very short black jeans.

*It should be a crime to look that good in jeans short.*

Moonbyul’s train of thought was cut short when Wheein’s cheerful voice reached her momentarily short circuited brain.

“What’s wrong with now? It’s only... 12.15 AM. The night is still young. Don’t tell me that you already tired? Getting old aren’t we?”

“Why, you little brat!” Moonbyul tousled the protesting but laughing Wheein’s hair, “Fine! But I will have you back at your parent’s house at the latest 2 AM. Deal?”

“We could always go back to your place.” Wheein batted her eyelashes and Moonbyul groaned again.

“Behave! Or I will drive you to your parent’s right away.”

Wheein tsk-ed at her, “You really need to chill, unnie. Come on, let’s go before you turned into a hamster by 2 AM.” Dragging Byul by her hands, the older of the two could only followed obediently, resigning her fate to the younger woman’s hand.

***

Moonbyul had no idea how they ended up in one of the hippest night club in Itaewon, but there they were, standing at the bar with beer in each of their hand.

Her eyes roamed the swanky establishment and stopped when she saw two young girls, yes definitely girls, no women in their right mind would be or should be that loud. She noticed the way they dressed, low cut top ending at mid-drift, leaving their stomach bare for everybody to see, with barely there short showcasing their bare legs. She noticed the way they grinded against each other body, moving to the sound of R&B music that was blaring all around them, enjoying every minute of it, knowing for sure that everyone would be looking at them.

Those sight used to turn her on, now? She just want to bundled them all up with blankets and tell them to go home.  

What she didn’t realize was, when she was busy people watching, another pair of eyes were fixated on her. Wheein looked at Byul, standing there with beer on her hand, dressed with her trade mark black fitted blazer, crisp white shirt and tight fitting black slack. Moonbyul was beautiful. She noticed the look that Byul received, admiring look from the girls and some from the boys, both admiring and jealous at the same time at the attention that Byul received from the girls. Moonbyul sure was a chick magnet anywhere she went.

Feeling bold, Wheein purposely kiss Byul on the cheek, “Hey babe...” Wheein whispered before winking at Byul who looked shock before noticing Wheein’s playfulness, “Dance with me.”

Leaving their beers on the bar, Wheein dragged Moonbyul by the hand. The lawyer followed willingly as she felt the soft and warm hand of Wheein interlaced with hers, gaze interlocking as Wheein slowly backed up onto the dance floor.

Never breaking their eyes contact, Wheein placed one of her hand on the back of Byul’s neck as her other hand pulled Byul’s hip toward her, moving slowly against the music’s beat.

Moonbyul’s breath catches on when she felt Wheein’s hand caressed her side slowly, leaving goose bumps on her wake, to interlace her hands together on the back of Byul’s neck. Pressing their body impossibly close.

Even though they were clothed, the sensation of having Wheein that close was playing havoc with her mind. Her hand unconsciously went toward the young woman’s hip, pulling her even closer.

Caught up in the moment, Moonbyul didn’t realized that Wheein already insinuated her thigh between her legs until she felt it rubbing against her center, “...” Moonbyul whispered as she felt Wheein pushed her thigh harder, and their body pressed against each other fully, her breath hot against Moonbyul’s neck.

Wheein lifted her head, her eyes dark with want and she her lips softly. Moonbyul watched as Wheein’s tongue slowly moved against her plump lower lips, leaving a glistening trail. Almost at the sight, and the hot breath on her ears that followed, “Unnie...” the soft plea was almost her undoing.

Dropping her head on Wheein’s shoulder, she took a raged breath to control her rising lust. She was so turn on, she can feel the heat beating between her legs. It was intoxicating. This little minx on her arms was intoxicating. Raising her head, Moonbyul’s breath catches when she saw the flushed face of the young woman, staring at her with her pupil fully blown black with lust. Wheein broke their eye contact and stared at Moonbyul’s lips.

“Wheein....” Byul leaned her forehead against the petite woman, both breathing heavily, “I think we should go home.” Gathering whatever self control that was still left within her, Moonbyul detangled herself from Wheein’s embrace, reaching toward the younger woman’s hand, she interlaced their fingers together and pulled Wheein gently toward the front door.

She couldn’t bear to see Wheein’s face, she briefly saw the disappointment written all over her face, but she knew that a moment more in that dance floor and she would not be able to control herself. She would make a mistake of kissing the young woman, or worse. Remembering the pulse that slowly but surely turned into a dull ache between her legs, she knew that it won’t end with a kiss.

The ride to Wheein’s parent house was thick with tension as silence descent upon them. Moonbyul gripped the steering wheel tightly and debated with herself on whether or not to start a conversation with the mostly silent Wheein.

She didn’t realize that she held her breath, until she finally breathes a little easier when they reached the Jung mansion.

“Walk me to the front door?”

Moonbyul nodded and left the car, she opened to passenger door and took Wheein’s hand. Climbing side by side up the short stairs to the front door, the older woman fidget uncomfortably, unsure of what to say.

“Whee....” her sentences was cut short by a pair of soft lips crushing against her lips. She gasped and Wheein used that moment to slide her tongue inside. Byul could taste the bitterness of the whiskey on Wheein’s tongue, yet, she also tastes so sweet. Groaning at the sensation, Moonbyul gave up and kissed Wheein back with equal fervor, fingers tangling on the blonds’ soft hair to deepen their kiss.

Breaking their kiss, Wheein captured Byul’s lower lips between her teeth and bit softly, “Whatever it is you’re thinking, it’s not over.”  Stealing another quick but deep kiss, Wheein pushed the disoriented Byul away and quickly tapped the security code before entering the house, leaving an aroused and confused Byul standing there on the front door of her house.

***

Moonbyul crashed on her sofa, sighing deeply as her hand pressed number one on her speed dial. A soft voice answered her call after only ringing for a while.

“Hey babe, are you asleep? No... It’s okay, Its just... I just need to hear your voice. That’s all. Why are you still awake? Yeah, I just got home. No... Work is fine. Yes, sweetheart, I’m taking care of myself, you know that. Do you think you could drop by? Yes, tomorrow would be fine. Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow then, love you.”

Moonbyul sighed and closed her eyes tightly, the image of Wheein’s flushed face and the kiss swirling inside of her mind.

*Damn you, Jung Wheein.....*

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Wow... thank you for the comments and subscribing! Hello to all of you new subscriber, welcome to the madness :) 

I enjoyed writing this chapter, especially the part when they were just simply talking. Hope it's not too boring for all of you. Next chapter would be a different kind of roller coaster, and as promised, Solar will make her first appearance in the story. The commenter who asked who the babe that Byul's calling, your question would be answered in the next chapter, and I think it's pretty easy to guess who it was XD 

Anyway, thank you for reading! the M part would have to wait LOL. Critics and Comments are always welcome!! 

Ciao for now!