Chapter 1

Charmed

Incheon International Airport

Moonbyul fiddled with her phone when she was not checking the crowd for a particular bespectacled kid to come through the arrival gate. They have lost contact for quite some time now, well, aside from the occasional birthday and Christmas wishes of course. She wondered whether Wheepup can still recognize her.

She combed her fingers through her hairs, once again checking the hour on her phone, when a beautiful blonde caught her line of sight.

*Pretty* she thought to herself before sighing and debating with herself whether or not to call the old Jung. It’s been over an hour since the arrival time, yet, she still hasn’t seen that kid anywhere.

She looked over at the blond again. The young woman seems a little lost, she wondered if she should just went over there and help her.

She scoffed to herself, *Right, like that’s all you want to help her with.* She looked again, a little closer this time and against her better judgment, her feet took her closer to the young woman.

“Hi.”

Moonbyul tapped the woman’s shoulder lightly, the least she wanted to do is to scare the young woman out of her wits.

The blond turned around, and whatever breath on Moonbyul’s body seemed to leave her in a whoosh.

It could be because the young woman is breathtakingly beautiful, but most probably it was because the young woman suddenly scream out what seems to be Byul’s name and just as suddenly threw herself into Byul’s arms.

“Ommphh!” Byul tightened her hold onto the blonde’s body, making sure that both of them wont toppled backward.

The arms around her neck tightened as the young woman burrowed herself deeper into Byul’s embraced while the latter raked deep into the far recess of her brain.

*…… did I sleep with her before? I mean, she’s gorgeous, how in the world can I forget about her?*  

“I miss you, unnie! Oh gosh, you look even more beautiful than I remember!”

*wait, unnie? Wheepup!!??*

Moonbyul took a step back, slightly pushing the younger woman off of her to take a better look.

The dark orbs looking up at her has the same glint of mischief as she remembered and the slight pout currently adorning her face, successfully recreated the puppy face that she used to see 8 years ago. Holy crap, this really is Wheepup.

Moonbyul laughed and shook her head slightly, *so much for finding her attractive*

“How are you, kiddo? Wow… you grow up nicely, I almost didn’t recognize you. What did you do to my Wheepup?”

Wheein giggled, one of her delicate hand raised up to covers her face.  She shyly looked at the older woman with a bright smile on her pretty face, “So you think I’m pretty, unnie? Pretty enough to be your girlfriend now?”

Moonbyul froze and gaped at the young woman in front of her, “Say again?”

“You don’t remember?” Wheein unconsciously pout, disappointment written all over her face, “tsk… tsk… unnie… you’re getting old, how could you not remember.” She threw a playful glare at the confused woman in front of her before giving her another bright smile.

“So, you’re here to pick me up?”

“Errr yeah, yeah…. Come on, I’m sure you’re tired. Is that all?” Byul glanced at the small pink luggage and the girl nodded.

“Yeah, I shipped all of my stuffs before I leave New York.”

“Here, let me.” Moonbyul took the handle from Wheein’s hand, enjoying the beaming smile that the girl seemed to love bestowing upon her. She chuckled when the girl enthusiastically linked their arms together and snuggled closer to her.

 

The journey to the Jung residence was filled with a comfortable silence, probably due to the fact that Wheein instantly fell asleep after she put her seat belt on. Moonbyul laughed slightly when her question fell on deft ear and she saw the girl beside her already fast asleep with the most serene expression.

“You still haven’t change aren’t you? Still a sleepy head.” Moonbyul shook her head and purposely drove slower than she used to.

Moonbyul parked her car in front of the Jung’s home, a luxurious and exclusive town house in the most upscale neighborhood in Seoul. She undo her seat belt and turned her body to face the still sleeping girl.

She brushed the soft hair covering the girl’s face gently, smiling unconsciously as she took in the adorable sight in front of her. “Wheepup…” she shook her gently, then with a little more force when the girl won’t even budge.

 

15 minutes passed, yet Wheein still refused to wake up. After making sure that the girl is indeed still breathing, Moonbyul fished her phone out of her pants pocket and dialed the culprit that made her in her predicament right now.

“I can’t wake your daughter up. I’ve tried for 20 minutes already! No, you don’t have the rights to laugh at me. What do you mean take her to my place? Uncle, do I need to remind you that you have a butler?? Why can’t he open the door for me? Vacation? Oh gosh…. Do I mind? Seriously, old man? Do I have a choice? Fine, but you owe me. You hear that? You owe me.”

Moonbyul raked her fingers through her hair and looked at the sleeping princess dejectedly. She sighed heavily before reversing her car and drove it toward her apartment complex.

***

 

Moonbyul ignored the raised eyebrow of her doorman as she carried Wheein in her arms bridal-style.

“Can you at least press the elevator button for me? For petesakes, Min-seok!”

The young man quickly scrambled to his feet and pressed the button, “Do you need any other help Miss Moon?”

She rolled her eyes and stepped into the waiting elevator, “Next time, don’t be too dumbstruck.”

“Yeah well, it’s kind of an unusual view, miss.” The young man smile sheepishly. He used to see women clinging on this particular tenant, but never in his years working as a doorman, that he ever saw Moonbyul carrying what seem like a sleeping woman in her arms like that.

“Enjoy your night, miss.” Moonbyul cringed a little at that, especially when she saw the big grin on the man’s face as the elevator closed.

She then looked at the STILL sleeping girl in her arms and grimaced, “Unbelievable.”

 

She gently laid Wheein on her bed and tucked her in, chuckling lightly as she watched the girl scrunched her face before burrowing her face fully into the pillow, her arms hugging the extra pillow that Moonbyul provided for her.

“Sleep tight, Princess.” whispered Moonbyul before she walked out from the room toward the expansive living room.

She prepared a stiff drink for herself and grabbed the cordless phone from its resting place before plopping down on the comfortable couch. Her fingers quickly dialed a number that she knew by heart, “Hey babe, lunch tomorrow? Yeah, picked me up? Sure, see you tomorrow then.”

She tossed the phone away and gulped down her drink in one go. She rested her head on top of the cushion and close her eyes, hopefully the nightmare have a mercy on her tonight. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hope you guys like it so far, am writing the second chapter now ^^