9.)

Where do we go from here?

When I found my phone, I had missed texts and calls from Tao.
I was too late, he was already gone, he was already at the airport.
I sank to the ground, how could I have been so stupid? I should have done something to make him stay. Ugh that made me sound selfish.
I wanted him to be happy of course and if going back home was the way to do that then so be it.
So why did I feel so crappy? I sat on the floor and stared at my phone, what was I expecting? him to suddenly change his mind?
I laughed at my own stupidity 'get a grip' I told myself 'get a grip and get on with it'
'But I love him' I said 'I can't just let him go'
...
I ran out of the door, and this time I remembered my phone.

I skidded into the terminal and ran to the boards. His plane hadn't taken off yet but that didn't mean that he wasn't already on it.
'Tao-ah!' I shouted 'Tao are you here?'
'Miss, can you keep it down please' said a lady at the check-in desk.
'Mianhae' I replied. I guess I really was too late.
I was such an idiot.
'Tian? What are you doing here?' I turned and saw Tao standing in front of me.
'You-you haven't left yet' I breathed.
'My flight was delayed' he replied.
'I'm sorry Tao. I've acted like a complete idiot. Of course you should go home and try and sort things out with your family. I was just being selfish and I...' he put his finger to my lips to shut me up.
'I am going back' I nodded 'but only for a few weeks and then I'll be back here'
'Huh?' I asked confused.
'I'm coming back home' he said 'didn't you read my texts or listen to my voicemails?' I shook my head.
'I saw you'd messaged and came straight here' he laughed.
'This is one of the reasons I love you Tian, you never do things by halves' I stared at him 'what?' he asked nervously.
'That's the first time you've told me you love me. You really know how to pick your moments'
he didn't say anything this time, just kissed me instead and checked his watch.
'I need to get going' he said 'my plane will be boarding soon'
'Be safe' I said and he kissed my cheek.
'I'll be home before you know it' he said.
'You better be' I told him and kissed him one more time and waved to him as he walked through the gate.

I sat infront of the tv that evening snuggled in a blanket with a cup of cocoa.
I was finally happy, I had met the man of my dreams eventhough it seemed impossible and found a family I never even knew I had.
I smiled as I sipped my drink just as my phone rang and showed Tao's name, I answered it.
'I miss you' he said and I giggled.
'We just left each other' I said.
'I know, I still miss you though'
'I love you so much Tao'
'I love you so much more' he replied 'I'll call you soon okay?'
'Okay. Have a safe trip'
He made a kissing noise down the phone and hung up.
I laid back and closed my eyes.
I dared anyone to come and ruin it.