7.)

Where do we go from here?

I was up and awake before my alarm the next day. I couldn't help it, the weekend had left me in such a good mood and I couldn't wait to get to class and see Tao again, eventhough I'd only seen him a few hours previously.
...
When I arrived I was the only one there but soon everyone started arriving and I spotted Tao and waved, he waved back but didn't look very happy, had I done something wrong yesterday?
After class I pulled him from the corwd.
'What's the matter Zitao?' I asked him
'Nothing' he replied.
I raised my eyebrow at him 'you honestly expect me to believe that?'
'I don't care what you believe' he snapped and turned to leave. I grabbed his arm.
'How dare yo be so rude to me' I said 'what's going on? What are you hiding?'
'It doesn't matter' he said without looking at me. He yanked his arm free and walked away.
I just stood there staring at his back until he disappeared into the crowd

When I got home after wondering around for hoursI went straight to my room, lay down and cried. I hardly ever cried but this time, I couldn't stop the tears from falling and I felt pathetic.
There were plenty of other people with way worse problems than me and here I was sobbing over a guy? Ridiculous, I was being stupid.
I sat up and rubbed my eyes.
Where had I gone wrong? I thought we had been having a good time. We had been having fun, just taking taking things slow and steady. But apparently not. I sighed and closed my eyes.
I had to get him to tell me why.
I would get him to tell me whether he liked it or not.
I don't remember ever going to sleep.

I confronted Tao straight away before class the next day.
'Ya, what's your problem?' he scalded.
'You're my problem Ziato. WHat's going on and don't you dare try and make up some excuse cause I don't buy it for a second'
He sighed 'if I tell you, will you leave me be?' I nodded 'I'm going back to China' I almost choked on air.
'What...why...when?'
'My family, they want me back, they want to meet my daughter properly'
'But you told me you didn't care what they had to say'
He shrugged 'things change I guess' he said simply.
'And what about everything we said? WHat about our special place? Does none of that matter now?'
'Tian, please don't make this any harder than it is already'
'Well it doesn't seem to be very hard to me, seeing as it looks as if you've already made your choice'
This time it was my turn to storm off.