4.)

Where do we go from here?

'This seat taken?' I looked up and saw Tao standing over me.
'You have a knack for seeing me when I'm at my lowest Zitao' I answered without looking at him.
'I apoligise' he said and sat down 'what's the matter?'
'It doesn't matter, it's not like you can help me anyways'
'How do you know if you don't even tell me the problem? If anything, just having someone to talk to helps'
I sighed 'My problem is that I have never fitted in anywhere and as soon as I get the tiniest glimmer of hope it gets snatched away from me. Think you can help with that hmm?' the last part came out meaner than I had wanted it to. I looked away again.
'Is that why you came to Korea?' I nodded.
'I've always known that there's Korean in my family, I figured that if I didn't fit in in China then I would here, but I was wrong'
'But you've just started, there's bound to be some hicups along the way, it's normal' he said and I shrugged 'do you want me to help? two heads are better than one after all'
'Why do you wanna help me Tao? you don't even know me'
'Because you seem lost, and I wanna try and help you out. Is that so wrong?' I shook my head.

'So' I said 'It's your turn'
'My turn for what?' he asked confused.
'What's your story? you know mine, so what's got you so far from home?'
'How did...' I giggled.
'Your name for a start and you wouldn't be so interested in me if you didn't have issues of your own.
'Same as you pretty much' he repiled shuffling in his seat 'family issues'
'I didn't mean to pry'
'No no it's alright, it's no big deal really, my family didn't agree with me raising my daughter alone so I left'
'To go live in a completely different country?'
'Clean break and a fresh start' he shrugged.
'I guess so'
'Told you it wasn't that interesting'
'It's fine, I like simple, it's  nice sometimes'
Tao chuckled 'If only it were simple all the time hmm' I giggled.
...
We talked for ages about random things that no  one else would probably care about, but that didn't matter to me, for the first time in ages I was actually enjoying myself.
'Ok, I give in' I said.
'What do you mean you give in?' he asked confused.
'I mean that I want you to help me' I said 'There's no way I'm going to be able to do this on my own'
'That took a lot for you to say didn't it?' I nodded.
'So please don't make me ask again' I said quietly.
'I wouldn't dream of it' he reached out to move a stay piece of hair behind my ear, his cool fingers brushing against my cheek causing me to blush. I prayed deep down that he hadn't noticed 'I'll be honest, I've been waiting for you to say yes since I offered my help the first time'
'Really?' he nodded.
'Anything you need, I'm here for you' he whispered.