8.)

Where do we go from here?

I found myself down by the river, the last place I expected to be. I sat down and looked out at the view.
'At least you have somewhere to go' I muttered to myself, but then so did I, I just didn't want to go back.
I lay down on the grass and closed my eyes, this place really was relaxing.
'Excuse me, are you Jin Tian?' I opened my eyes to see a girl my age looking down at me.
I rolled over and sat up 'Ne, that's me, how can I help you?'
'Well I was told that you were looking for my Grandfather so I thought I'd come and find you myself' she replied and smiled.
'Are you telling me, we're related?'
'I guess so' she giggled 'it's nice to meet you cousin'
'N-nice to meet you too' i replied and shook her hand.
'I'm afraid I come baring a bit of bad news though' she continued.

Turns out her...our Grandfatehr had passed away a few months prior.
I wasn't sure how to feel though, I mean I should feel sad seeing as he was family but then again, I didn't even know him.
'I'm sorry for your loss' I said.
'It's okay, he went peacefully so that's something I guess...he never mentioned about having another family though. tell me about yourself'
'There's nothing really to tell' I admitted but I told her everything I could anyways.
'Wow, what's it like gorwing up in China? I've never been out of the city'
'It was nice, mostly. We lived in the country so it was quiet and relaxing'
'That sounds lovely'
'It could get quite boring though. I much prefer it here in the city although the constant light 24 hours a day can get a bit annoying' that comment made her laugh.
'I totally agree with you on that' she giggled and I smiled
...
We talked for what seemed like hours. SHe was able to answer all the questions I had and I was happy to finally have closure and a chance to begin again with my new family...begin again, that was what me and Tao were supposed to do.
I went to grab my phone, only to remember that I had left it at home that morning.
I had to stop Tao from going back.
Aish, that sounded childish.
'Mianhae, there's something I need to do, I have to go'
'Oh well okay, here's my number, give me a call or a text any time.
I thanked her, said goodbye and practically ran back home.