Chapter 5.3 (Flashback Special)

Refracted

2 Days After Their Meet Up

Joohyuk’s Room

11:00 AM

 

From : Big Boss

 

Which one’s better?

(Seohyun sent 2 photos of her in different outfit)

 

To : Big Boss

 

Where you going

Answer me

Change your clothes right now

Both  are too short

Don’t you feel cold

Yah

Yah

Yah

Answer me

 

From : Big Boss

 

Bzz I’ve said I’m going out with friends

 

To : Big Boss

 

Who?

Give me their name

 

From : Big Boss

 

Oh pls stop babe

(sent photo of her with her friends)

Sooo here’s me and my babes

Seulgi, Dani, Nayoung, Suhyun

 

To : Big Boss

 

Who’s the driver

?

Check his ID and send it to me

Just in case if anything happen

 

From : Big Boss

 

:-------------)

Oh god

Pls

Just tell me to walk then

 

To : Big Boss

 

Ah, you’re right. It’s best for you to walk instead

 

From : Big Boss

 

DO YOU EXPECT ME TO WALK FROM SEOUL ALL THE WAY TO DAEGU?!?!?

ARE YOU WORRYING ABOUT ME

OR JUST

HEARTHLESS?!?!!?!

💔💔💔

 

 

Joohyuk giggled and locked his screen. He’s been busied by works and he needed rest. Joohyuk and Seohyun decided to live separated as Seohyun chose to leave the apartment. They hadn’t meet each other for 2 days.

“I miss you,” said Joohyuk on a phone call a day before “let’s meet tomorrow, I’ll pick you up for lunch.”

“Uhmmm,” Seohyun sighed “I miss you too, and, oh, I really want to meet you too, butㅡ”

“But?” She hummed. “But I’ve planned to hangout all day with my friends. You know I cut ties with them when I was hiding in our apartment, right? As much as I miss you, I need to see them first,” she continued “is that okay with you, Mr. super wise and lovely Nam Joohyuk-ssi?”

He chuckled, “then I’ll pick you up when you’re done. Is that okay with you, Ms. Soon to be Mrs. Nam.”

“OH OH did you say soon to be Mrs. Nam?!?!?!?!” she continued “were you indirectly proposed me?!?!!? Oh, my, oh, I’ve never predict this before!”

“I mean that wasㅡ”

“But sorry, babe, I think I’m too young to be a bride. Let’s wait for 2 years at least, okay?” Joohyuk laughed right away. She was so random and he didn’t even see that coming from her. “I’d love to wait even for decades but Seo, I wasn’t proposing you,” he laughed “You’re so weird!”

“wait, what? So what was that? Oh no I’m so embarrassed,” Seohyun hung up. Joohyuk laughed louder upon seeing her act. She was surely odd and that was why he fell for her.

Joohyuk lied his phone under his pillow, lay his own body in his most comfortable position. He had been sleeping just 4 hours per day 2 days in a row, he felt relieved that he still alive and well when his life didn’t even arranged well.  Slowly, his eyes being heavier and heavier that he couldn’t stay awake.

A voice of girl’s humming woken Joohyuk up, it sounded like Seohyun. Ah, about Seohyun, he should’ve woke up earlier becauseㅡ

“Hello, sleepyhead! It’s almost dinner time,” Seohyun rolled her eyes “Oh, my, don’t you think I’m way toooooooo kind that you’ve promised to pick me up, I even tried to come as early as I can, waited for 2 hours straight and cooked for our dinner?” Joohyuk smirked and pulled her girlfriend instead. “Yah, are you ignoring me?”

“Hmmmm, I miss you. Let’s stay like this for a while.” Joohyuk tightened his hug. Seohyun froze, things like that happen frequently yet she hadn’t be used to it. She still felt those effervescent, bubbly sensation, every time they had such an interaction; every time their skin touched, every time their eyes met.

There was never such a ‘stay like this for a while’, they ended up slept till the dawn.

 

//Bee Bee Bee Beep//

+850 2 456 XXX

Location : Pyongyang

 

Seohyun woken up by the sudden interrupt. It was her phone, that was why she freaked out a bit. She was 100% sure her number isn’t being known by people who aren’t not that close to her, it wasn’t her parents either (why would Korean Minister that has nothing to do with Northens being there?)

“Hello,” being freaked out as she was, she chose to brave her self “who’s this?”

“Ms. Seo Juhyun-ssi?”

“Yes, I am,” isn’t that an old man voice? Is it my parents person? “oh well, I think you’re someone familiar. If you’re with my father, say that I don’t give a damn about his plan to divorce my mother, I’ve made up my mind to make up with her as she allowed me to pursue music.”

“But Ms. Seoㅡ”

“and tell him I don’t accept rejection.”

“Ms. Seohyun, I’m not your father worker or anything. Instead, I’m the father of your partner, Nam Joohyuk. I had things to discuss with you.” Seohyun was extremely shocked. “Ah, ah, I’m sorry, Sir. I was too careless. I didn’t even introduce my self politely. I’m Seo Joohyun, your son’sㅡ”

Prank!

Joohyuk forcefully grabbed her phone then slammed it hardly. “Don’t ever take that call anymore!” Seohyun confused at his action. “What the heck was that?! Oh my precious phone!” she ran to her phone and checked it, fortunately, Joohyuk’s slam wasn’t that hard that only the phone’s edge was cracked. “i- I’m sorry, Babe. I really am sorry,” he looked like he was sorry for what he had done “I’ll buy the new one for you, I promise!” She was surely shocked. Joohyuk wasn’t such a person, he never even mad at her for small things (big things are mostly forgiven by him too, so why did he do that?)

“are you really sorry?” He nodded “then, explain why you slammed it and asked me not to take that call.”

“can I not tell you?” Seohyun lifted her eyebrow, asking why. “you know, sometime bad times and memories aren’t meant to be shared. I mean, I don’t really want to tell you, at least not right now.” She knew, something was off. He must’ve be in a bad relationship with his family. “Can you just let it off this time?” he was actually pleading, and Seohyun, as she described Joohyuk as her kryptonite, she couldn’t be actually angry. So instead, her lips curved into a smile as she said,

“Let’s eat then! I’m hungry!” she stood up, pulled Joohyuk. “Babe, please! You’re not even had a dinner yesterday. I’ll get the breakfast ready for you, okay?” even before Joohyuk able to answer her, she already jogged to the kitchen.

“Let’s have a breakfast let’s get it ready let’s dance with meeeeeee,” she made up such a song with her just-woke-up-voice “let’s run here and there let’s drink a coffee, OH, babe I forgot that I made udon last night now it stings! Oh, my, OOOH, so disgusting!” Joohyuk laughed seeing her girl like this. He hoped for this to happen every day, he hoped and braced his self that whatever happens, he wont back out from her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Helloooo! So here it is, the last part of Flashback Special!

Isn’t it twice longer? HAHAHAHAH and for everyone, thanks for your support and responds!

Thanks for reading this weird story, for your comments and upvote, I really am grateful;;

But then, comment bellow for anything! I love your responds (throw kisses)

hit me up on my twitter (@duckhyuck) // tumblr (@chanevelatte)