Chapter 4

Refracted

Chapter 4

    Kris wasn’t supposed to come that night. He heard from Nurse Kang that Seohyun was being rebellious, she refused to do anything if he doesn’t come so when he came to the building later that day, he sneaked to meet Seohyun.

    Kris opened the door to see Seohyun laying on the bed lifelessly, eyeing the starless sky. “Hey, pretty,” Kris continued “it’s only been 2 days but you already miss me, eh?” Seohyun bolted up to hear Kris’s voice. She awakened and turned his body to see Kris who still stood on the door.

    “Why didn’t you come this 2 days?” Seohyun pat the bed “Sit here, Doctor.”

    “I’m only a substitute for your doctor when he was away, I had no chance to explain it to you,”

    “But can you meet me at least once a day? You know I had no one to talk to, right? Everyone is only a puppet, they treat me like an object then leave me right afterwards,” Seohyun pouted. “I’ll try my best to, but I can’t promise you,” Kris continued “you are just saying nonsense all the time, you never answer my questions and only keep quiet or rather talk random things. Why should I meet you everyday?”

    Seohyun shut , she doesn’t answer his question and just looking at him carelessly. “God, you’re so confusing. What should I do about you,” Kris chuckled “by the way, are you sleepy yet?”
    “No. Why?”
    “Let’s go outside. I can bring you somewhere far though, this building’s backyard doesn’t looked that bad, right?” Kris handed out his hand to help her stand, he push the IV drip so it didn’t get on Seohyun’s way. Seohyun was being passive, she followed him behind. There was no talks, they were rather quiet.

    Kris cleaned up the seat then patted it for Seohyun to sit, he said he would sit beside her. They were just enjoying the situation, the sounds of night’s wind, crickets, the smell of dewy grass. “Do you know how to describe ‘Night’?” Seohyun turned to see Kris, he was being sentimental. “Why?”, Seohyun smiled “Why should I?”

    “Don’t you think night is confusing?”

    “See yourself in the mirror, you’re way more confusing,” Seohyun mocking him

    “Shouldn’t I be the one to say that to you?” Kris face palmed, they laughed together. “The night sky is exciting to explore, from the man on the moon, shooting stars and to the constellations your eyes can create with the stars its truly a magical effect,” Kris continued “it’s still captivating me how the darker the sky, the clearer the stars appear. For me, it’s truly impossible to look beyond the captivating stars.”

    Seohyun nodded, not-really impressed or interested. “But every beauty has its own weakness, as for me, night sky represent lonesome, a deep feeling between trying to hide under a mask or holding on a sorrow,” This time, Kris impressed Seohyun.

    “I used to love the night. I waited up all night here to see the night, but then I saw illusions on night. It became more and more frequent. I saw him embrace my body and hold me like I was the most fragile and precious, but Iㅡ” 

    “Sshh, no need to remembering that. You know, remembering some thing unworthy wont make you prettier or something,” Kris rolled his eyes and put his hand around her shoulder. Seohyun chuckled, at least she felt safe, for now.

    But suddenly, he saw someone running towards her side. With the same flustered face as she remembered. It’s my symptoms, its my illusions, it must be, she said to herself. But it didn’t fade away, it became bigger and more real, it looked like him.

    “Oh?” She felt his head like it was turned around, “Kris, I think my symptoms come again!” 

    “Someone’s illusion is right behind you! God what happened withㅡ,” suddenly everything became black right away.

 

 

Scarlett Hotel
November 18th 2015
09.12 PM


    “You should come home,”
    “Wow I’m impressed. Since when you care about me, ‘Mom’?”
    “You better comeback real soon, you don’t know what will happen if people know where you are and what relation you have with that man,” his mother sounds trembled “You’re on a big problem!”
    “I won’t leave, not until he said so,” Seohyun tried to sounds calm. “Do you even know what he does at his work? Where is his hometown or anything but his name? YOU DON’T!”
    “Mom please stop yelling, I’ll take you home,” Seohyun picked up his mother’s belonging and pulled her. “He’s an government worker,”
    “I know it already,”
    “for North Korea,”
    “I said I knew,” "wait what?”
Her mother doesn’t answer her. She left her dumbfounded. Her mother hung up on their call. She ran to his room, searching for proofs. She was surely focused on searching for his papers, she didn't even pay attention when he came in all of sudden.

    “What are you doing here?” Joohyuk’s voice deepened. Seohyun surprised, she didn’t saw him coming at all.

    “I SAID WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” Joohyuk yelled. “Yo-you didn’t come these days so I tho-thought you might be che-cheating so I searched for pr-proofs,” Seohyun muttered. “

    "Me? Cheating? Shouldn’t I be the one who asked you about that?”
    “What?” she trembled. "where were you this morning? and, oh, last sunday?"

    “I met up with my bandmates, it’s been a long time not to see them though,” she sounded unsteady.
    “Earth, didn’t I said you looked beautiful on red and blue?”
    “NO! ah I mean n-no..”
    “Should I tell you how you looked pretty for me?” Joohyuk grabbed Seohyun’s hair, pulled her into their wardrobe. He pushed her and kissed roughly, he torn her clothes, bite her lips that it tasted like a bloody lips. He chocked her till she was out of breathe and her face reddened. Her legs flapped around as she felt flames burned her body, wholly. “Do you want to leave me?” Joohyuk cupped her face, “DO YOU WANT TO LEAVE ME AND BACK TO THOSE ERS?”
    “i-I didn’t me-ant t-to-tooㅡ”
    “ OFF YOU LIAR!”
    She grabbed Joohyuk’s hand with all her might, of course it doesn’t helping at all. Her back are still bruised caused by their last fight, it felt numb to felt it hit to the wardrobe. Just then, Joohyuk’s eyes softened and his gaze changed into apologizing gaze.
    “OH EARTH WHAT DID I DO AGAIN?” Joohyuk hold her and hugged her warmly, this time it feels generous. She doesn’t have any energy left so she just let herself brought to his embrace. “Kill me, just kill me! Why did you let me do this to you?!” He sounded desperate. 
    “I am sorry, I am sorry, I am sorry,” he cried and begged. How could Seohyun not carried away by that? He begged for her to forgive him that he gave up his life for it if it was necessary. He said he wont do it again, he said he would come everyday, he said he would just hang himself if he does. He said these and those things.
    But that was just what ‘he said’.

//BIP//
You have new message

From : Mom♡
DON’T BELIEVE WHATEVER HE SAID LATER! I’VE HEARD THAT NORTH KOREA ARE TIGHTENING THEIR GUARD SO WHOEVER IN RELATIONS WITH OUR PEOPLE WILL BE PUNISHED, MOREOVER FOR GOVERNMENT WORKER

//BIP//

You have new message

From : Mom♡
I’VE HEARD THAT HIS POSITION IS RATHER HIGH FOR HIS AGE. THERE IS POSSIBILITY THAT HE WORKS ON MINISTRY AND THERE’S NO WAY FOR YOU TO BE WITH HIM! YOU’LL BE KILLED BOTH OR JUST BY YOUR SELF!

    Joohyuk read the message. Seohyun was catching her breathe, massaging her bruised neck. Joohyuk threw her phone till its screen broke. Oh, its gonna be a long night, She thought.


Even when I woke up
With my legs
Bent
Or my wings
Broken
I wont say it was
Your doing
Because it was me
Who gave it
To you
Wholly

    Seohyun woke up on her room to see no one was around. She looked at the clock, 02.46 AM. Her face were sweating, her breathe wasn’t steady, she got her nightmare again. But then, even she was afraid of those nightmare, afraid of everything, she always asked herself. Is it wrong to love?

 

-

OH GOD IT BECAME SO LAME WHY

btw i post it faster bc i got inspiration in all of sudden lol and i'm planning on making this story twisted af on the last chapt (why am i saying thing unimportant fact)

pls enjoy it and comment anything even it's a critics i'll accept it:")

hit me up on my twitter (@duckhyuck) // tumblr (@chanevelatte)