Chapter 2

Refracted

“Good morning, Ms. Seo,” a certain someone appeared behind the opened door. Uh, newcomer, Seohyun thought. She gave him uninterested glare. A Psychiartist, looked like on his late 20s. He looked around the room and walked towards the couch. “It’s pretty comfy here, right? Well, i’ll introduce my self,” he said “or do you wan’t introduce yourself first?”

            “No need, Wu Yifan,” as she looked on his nametag “those papers on your hand said it all.” He chuckled, “Okay, but just call me Kris,” then he read the papers on his hand “let’s start our session then.” Seohyun nodded, eyes glaring on the window.

“Suicide attempt, self harm; current doctor’s hypothesis those were caused by anxiety disorder,” he glared her “why did you do this?” Seohyun rolled her eyes, she saw this coming. “you know, asking me won’t get you anything.”

Kris smirked at the latter, “no, i don’t. But i know better way to do. Don’t you know i did some research about you right after i was told to treat you.” He took his phone fom his pocket and turn on a song, her favorite. Was her favorite to be exact, before she lost her desire to life. She frowned, memories appeared on her mind.

 

//From the way you smile

To the way you look

You capture me unlike no other

From the first hello

Yeah, that’s all it took

And suddenly

We had each other//

 

A man with bright yellow shirt and black trouser listening to music witth her under a heavy rain, the same man kissed him in a lift, and the man was

“Stop that,” she trembled “stop that ing song.” Kris observed her, he looked on how her face changed and her body reacted, he conclude that the song could trigger her. “STOP THAT ING SONG,” she yelled and face burned red. Her body trembled, eyes watered by tears.

 

//And i won’t leave you

Always be true

One plus one, two for life

Over and over again//

 

Liar. He was a liar. He was never mine, even once. Nor i was never his, even once.

 

Hongdae, Seoul

August 26th 2014, 19.30

 

Seohyun ran as fast as she could. Again, her position tracked by her parent’s worker and they chase her right afterwards. Her parents are stockholder on a gold mining corporation and also government officials, her mother is a Head of Korea Food and Drugs Administration while his father worked as the Minister of Land, Transport, and Maritime Affairs. Being officials daughter brought her parents expectation of her way too high, they wanted her to be a surgeon, business woman, or anything but musicianㅡthey said it was useless.

She bumped into people, slipped, fell, but nothing stop her. She was desperately need to escape. Her shirt soaked by her sweat, her hair tied up messily. She crossed the main road carelessly, cars honked and people yelled; she couldn’t be more careless, she was on a run anyway. Just then, she saw an opened car’s trunk. A man with suit on beside it was on the phone, he didn’t pay any attention to it so she climbed it and closed it door. She tried to catch her breath slowly. Not too long after that, the car moved.

The car stopped after 30 minutesㅡthat was what her phone told her. There was people chattering outside. 'Guys please stop talking just take me out of here please', she muttered. She knocked the trunk nosily with her hands and legs. Suddenly the trunk opened by a man, a strangely familiar man, she thought.

“Oh my, why are you here?!” the man said “are you a ert stalker or something?!”

What the heck he was saying, Seohyun thought. “You must’ve lost your mind. Who do you think you are to say those mean things toㅡ” her face changed, “Oh God you’re the no fun oldman right?”

“No fun?”

“What was your name again, Sir? Ah, you didn’t give me your name tho,” she chuckled. The man tried to closed the trunk door, “WAIT,” Seohyun grabbed his hand, “don’t close the door please, Mr.ㅡ”

“ Nam Joohyuk,”he opened the trunk “Step down now or I’ll let you stay there all night,” he said as he handed out his hand, tried to help her. She took the help hand and stepped down for the trunk but ended with clutching on his body, as she unintentionally stepped on her own feet. “Ah, sorry”

Joohyuk shocked by the sudden skinship but tried to hide it. He shook his head, took his luggage, closed the trunk and walked away; avoiding her, intentionally. Seohyun tried to keep up with him, “May I stay at yours again? For once,  please?” she was totally appealing. But Joohyuk didn’t even take a glance at her so she brought up her ‘aegyo’, she patted Joohyuk’s shoulder and she winked ant him when he turned his head towards her. She hated it though, but it could be an armor for her, right?

“Pfftt,” Joohyuk tried to hold his laughter upon looking at her, “are you ill or something? You looked like a lunatic flies though.”

“WHAT?!” her face reddened. I never even one had someone offend my aegyo like this, she thought. Joohyuk laughed as he walked towards the building. “Yah, wait for me!” Seohyun ran after him and tried to keep their distance stable. “isn’t it an apartment? Do you live here? May I stay with you for these week at least? I ran out of money so I couldn’t bear the pay for hotel or anything.”

“You can go to sauna,” as he pressed his password to enter the building, “and I don’t live here for a long time, I’ll leave on the upcoming 3 months.”

“but sauna is dangerous for me to stay alone! What if someone me or take my phone amd money? What if I get caught by those useless people?” she said as she pressed the lift, “I’m going with you,  you won’t leave me anywhere, I’ll definitely stay with you.” Joohyuk shocked by her persistence. The lift opened, they entered the empty lift and Joohyuk pressed 8. He thought for a while then turned to see Seohyun who was staring blankly at the floor.

“okay, I’ll let you stay as long as you want. But, nothing is free so you need to work for me,” Seohyun lifted her head, her face brightened. “Sure! I’ll do whatever and I won’t be such a burden. I promise!” she smiled from ear-to-ear. Joohyuk grinned as he saw her reaction, “you need to keep my room tidy,  everything should be on the exact place and the exact amount, the lift opened and they stepped outside, “no need to make me food except for breakfast,”

“Just that? Isn’t that way too easy?”

“Yes. But, don’t ever touch my papers, my works. Don’t ever read any of it, don’t even think of it,” Seohyun nodded. Joohyuk smiled as he pressed the passkey. He entered his room, put his luggage on the couch and took a sip of glass. Seohyun wandered around the room, adoring the view from the glass wall. “So,” she sighed, “do you have clothes for me to wear because I don’t bring anything apart from my phone with me as you can see.”

Joohyuk rolled his eyes. “Just sleep with that clothes tonight, I’ll buy you the new one tomorrow,” Seohyun face palmed, “do you expect me to sleep with this ‘soaked-of-sweat’ shirt on? Ungentle man, as expected,” she clapped. Joohyuk took his luggage and walked to his room, “You can sleep in that room beside the bathroom, by the way,” he said, “or do you want to sleep on the couch again?” he smirked.

“WHAT?!”

 

//So don’t ever think I need more
I’ve got the one to live for
No one else will do
And I’m telling you
Just put your heart in my hands
I promise it won’t get broken
We’ll never forget this moment
Yeah we’ll stay brand new
Cause I’ll love you
Over and over again
Over and over again//

 

“AAAAAAAACKK,” Seohyun felt her head twisted. Kris turned the song off but it’s too late. Memories appeared on her mind, one by one then bumped into each other that she felt like her mind bursted. Kris held her shoulders, “Ms. Seo, calm down. Look at me. When I count to 3, you inhale then exhale after 5 counts. 1, 2ㅡ”

A man was standing in front of her, her neck was being choked by that man. “DON’T YOU HEARD THAT I LOVE YOU? WHY DID YOU TRIED TO LEAVE ME?!” she was out of breath, “i-I don’tㅡ” he tighten his strangle, “DON’T YOU DARE TO LIE!”

“Don’t kill me, don’t kill me, i-iㅡ” Seohyun blabbered as tears ran down on her cheek, her body trembled and hands her hairs roughly. She looked so broke. “Ms. Seo, clam down. Psshh,” Kris caressed her back slowly. She cried her eyes out. Kris lead her to inhale and exhale, she followed him and she calmed down slowly. He hugged her, saying things were okay and no need to worry. “I’m sorry Ms. Seo, I’m sorry,” he her hair slowly. 'I need to know what happened to this girl and why does she became like this', Kris thought.

 

You were made for me

We complete each other

Beautifully

And brutally

Tragically,

But,

Oh, so lovely

My lips who was crying crimsons

And you were shining brighter

   

 

 

--

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH what is it idk is it good or not ikr it's confusing as hell lol.

i hope it isn't that bad for your liking heheh

btw i'm still learning on writing so correct me if anything's wrong!:)

also, this chapter's poem isn't mine. it's @angstpoems's (twitter)

hit me up on my twitter (@duckhyuck)