Chapter 1

Refracted

"Sir, you have an appointment on 13.00. We should head off now, the car is already waiting outside." Joohyuk turned his head to see his secretary. With one last look to the black glassed window, he walked his body to the car. The sound of his steps echoed on the hallway, proved how empty the building is. He exited by the back exit, not wanting anyone to know his visitㅡanyone as citizen. He entered his car as someone opened it door for him.

As the car went off, his memories hit him again. That girl, that look on her eyes, that smile, basically everything about her. She wasn't the brightest, wasn't the prettiest, wasn't the most glamorous, but everything about her couldnt even leave his mind once.

 

July 24th 2014, 22.30

Itaewon, Seoul

 

“No, Im with Chief Kim. Our Car ran out of fuel. Get us someone to take this car, Im going to take cab. Chief Kim will stay here. No, I can walk to hotel by myself. Dont worry" he put his phone on his pocket. "Chief Kim, hand me the bag" he handed out his hand. "Are you sure you don't want my company, Sir? I will call the worker to"

 

"No. It takes too long. I can't bear my boresome. Well, i'll go first. Take care of the car for me." he tapped Chief Kim's back then walked the cross road.

 

Itaewon is crowded, even it was pretty late. He looked at the street food stands at his side. How fascinating, he thought. Countless people walk passed, stopped at food stands or stores at times, laughing and smiling ear-to-ear. "Young man, why are you just standing there blankly? Come here, taste our galbi!" an old man wearing red apron pulled his hand. Suprised by the sudden interaction, he pulled his hand fast. The old man looked suprised. "Ah i'm sorry i didn't mean to offend you but i need to go somewhere right now." he smiled and tap the old man palm.

 

//🎶You so damn important

Everything you do shows me you know it

Behind it all, you are the motive

Don't tell you enough, but baby I'll show it, show it🎶//

 

Claps and cheers echoed on the area. On the other hand, Joohyuk feels interested. He walked into the crowd, walk passed people, stand in the front line. A girl who wore a sky blue cropped slim fit tee with black short pants, with her all-boy band mate was perfoming. She must be famous on this area, he thought while smiling. "Of course, Sir. She's talented, unique, and pretty. Even some of our lecturer hit on her" he looked at his right confusingly "You were sounding your thoughts, i was only responding you"

 

//🎶It's the way you walk, the way you talk, babe (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

It's the way you love, the way you , the way (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

It's the way you are; you're a star babe (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

It's the way you, the way you, oh🎶//

 

Joohyuk took some steps, passed the crowd. He walked to the nearest bus stop and wait for taxi. He sit on the chair, checked his phone. Of course no text or call except from government group or the officials. He just opened the browser, reading news. Ten minutes passed without his knowing until someone sit on his right suddenlywith

her shoulder bumped with his. She looked like she ran out of breath after running or maybe she

 

"someone-is-catching-me-help-me-pls-take-me-anywhere-i-wouldn't-bother-you-i-swear" she pleaded with his eyes and hands clucthed oh Joohyuk's arms. He shrughed her hand but she was faster, she stopped a taxi and pulled Joohyuk. Felt dumbfounded, he yelled "WAIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME" but she was just grinning and rolled her eyes. "i said someone was catching me and you need to help me so you're doing it."

"No, i won't"

"Yes, you 'are'"

"No. Oh my god. Why don't you just ask your bandmates." he looked at her "I'm not joking"

"I'm not joking, too. I need your help. I just need to go far from here and stay for a night. I'll stay as quiet as the wind and go tomorrow morning please help."

"Okay. But promise me you'll go tomorrow. Don't act like you know me in future" she laughed "Oh please, you aren't even those actors or politicians" "AH how do you know i have band mates don't say you were stalking me"

"Kid stop dreaming. Stop blabbering. God tell me what kind of sin i did that i need to stay with this kid" she laugh and playfully tapped her finger on the window.

 

"I'm sorry to bother you two but may i know where is your drop off at?" ask the driver. "Scarlett Hotel" Joohyuk said as he took his phone out of his pocket and read news. "News? Pfftt. What an oldman" he looked at the girl beside her "I mean that was good! You're old so you need to know how world goes around you!"

"Oldman? Do you want to stop here?" she panicked "NOOOO i won't say anything anymore, okay?"

 

Joohyuk rolled his eyes, this will be a long night, he thought.

 

-

 

"Woooow, you're kind of rich, right?" she said as she entered the big hotel room. "Well you gotta sleep on the couch. I might be kind but i wont give up my room for anyone" Joohyuk took a glass of water and handed her the glass. "You sounded like a not-so-gentleman-men you know"

"But, Sir, what's you're name? It feels strange to sleep at someone's room without knowing his name"

"Then just go out and sleep at other's"

"Eyyy you're no fun" she laughed "By the way my name is Seohyun, and yours is?"

"Me? I-am-really-tired-i-need-sleep is that enough for you?" Joohyuk took his sleepwear and changed on bathroom. As he stepped outside, the girl is already slept.

What an unique girl, he thought. He turned off the light and went to his dreamland.

-

Joohyuk remembered the very first time he saw her. She was full of laughter, full of suprise, full of twist. If he knew that everything would go too far that they both don't know how to go back or even stop, he would never do this. Because it wasn't their fault, it was never their fault. It was the world that differ them, it was people's judgement that parted them apart.

Because it was also their fault that Joohyuk did something unconsiously to her, as a bad habbit, as his way to shut his anger. Little did he know, she was never complained. Again, it was people, that parted them.

 

/he said he loves red and blue

so he tainted his color

on me

he said he loves purple

so he mixed it

on my skin

he said he loves me

so he made me

full of red

blue

and purple/

 

 

-

 

fyi the lyrics is from Kehlani - The Way (super-not-important-but-why-not)

OH GUYS LOL WHAT DID I MADE

IM SORRY SORRY SORYYYYY FOR MAKE IT SOUNDED CONFUSING

BUT I PROMISE IT'S ONLY THE BEGINNING

bc later everything will be more confusing

:-----)

and guys, hit me up on my twitter (@duckhyuck)

your comments is precious so pls comment or correct anything wrong on my story!