Chapter 5.2 (Flashback Special)

Refracted

December 13th 2016

Weeks After Joohyuk Left

Joohyuk (and Seohyun) Apartment

11:00 PM


          Seohyun wished Joohyuk to stay longer, but he lasted shorter than the sun in the winter. She believed that she missed the time, he was like the moon and she was not the earth but a sun; they were never meant to be in the same time, at the same place.

         She was broken. He left with no trace, unlike his hobby to leave traces on Seohyun’s neck. She woke up in the morning with her weary soul and her bones ached for more rest. She chose to keep on living even she did not know how to; she had been living with and for Joohyuk past months, leaving her youth behind as it became one of her way to hide from her parents. So when he left, she did not know where to hold on, where to relies on.

          She cried, she hugged her self tight. She craved for a cold night, warm sheets, and Joohyuk’s hug under a dim lamp. Those cheesy night talks with Joohyuk, a slow and tiring walks with Joohyuk, exchanging deep stares with Joohyuk. He left her, he surely did leave her hanging in a hidden tunnel.
          “Why am I such a fool,” she said in the middle of her cries “He left, he left, heㅡ”
             left.
             “Did he ever love me?”
             Kryptonite, he was her kryptonite. Her common weakness, her homesickness to a place that she can not return to (or maybe she never was and it was all her delusion).
             “I should leave, I should’ve done it since then,” said Seohyun as she encourage herself to stand up and take her luggage. Oh, right, everything was bought by Joohyukㅡmeans nothing were hers. She flinched for seconds and put down everything she took, put it at the room’s edge. She took her phone and called her mother. “I will go home, mom. I am sorry for all this time,” she sighed “I’ll go back to you.”
             But then, just then right when she was about to end her call, the apartment’s door opened in a hurry showing someone in particular whom she never assume to come back.
             “I miss you,” that person, Joohyuk, said with his sweaty face “so much.”
              And Joohyuk, as he always be, was her biggest weakness. She couldn’t bear the urge to hug him, even when she tried 500% to stay still. She was supposed to leave, but Joohyuk made the first move by kissing her. Seohyun stayed still even when Joohyuk’s lips eating her inside out, she lost consciousness. As tears ran down and her hands began to push him which changed into beating, he pulled her close and forced them to tie up together.
             “Leave,” Seohyun demanded.
             “No, never in the world I will leave you again.”
             “Leave me!” her breathe was unsteady “Don’t say any s, I will never believe you again.”
             But Joohyuk knew her better. He hold her by hand, precisely, like she was the most fragile, lean, but precious. He caressed her, eyes staring on her eyes, bore a hole into it. Just like that, she melted into his arms. His arms felt like home, and she was surely homeless. She fell to another hole of earth, as she opened a door for him; bit-by-bit.
             “Promise me, you wont leave me again,” she said with her eyes wet. He nodded, kissed her forehead. She wished for time to stop or tomorrow not to come, but time flies faster than it was supposed to.

 


“Funny thing about people, they always make promise just to turn right around and break them. Then don’t promise me, don’t say you would stay.”

 

 

 

so here's 2nd part of Flashback special! i've split this chapter 5 into 3 so the last one will be updated tmr;; ikr this one's super short sozzz bc i planned to post it as the 3rd one but i like this one better than the longer one so yeah

next part will be more of fluff (idk if i can pull it well btw)

andd comment bellow bcs i love your responds! it helps me alot;;

hit me up on my twitter (@duckhyuck) // tumblr (@chanevelatte)