Chapter 3

Refracted

 October 10th, 2016

Mansundae Assembly Hall, Pyongyang, North Korea

12.00 AM

 

“Sir, we have arrived.” Joohyuk opened his eyes from his half-sleeping state. He pulled his sleeves, took his coat, and step out of the car as his bodyguard opened his car. People were standing in line on the front of the building’s entry, holding their head low. Joohyuk bowed slightly, patted those people and entered the building. He and his people then walked into a meeting room placing themselves in their seat while some staffs prepared the equipment.

The meeting was running smoothly, no one interrupted nor asking unpleasant question. Joohyuk, as the head of Workers’ Party of Korea whose party dominated the front and took 87.5% seats of the country’s national legislature, hold the biggest responsibility. There was no other choice for people to chose other candidate, there was only one candidate who can appear on the ballotㅡthat was no other than him. Any voters may crossed his name to vote against him but I wont make any difference, the result would turn out the same as everyone’s assumption.

“Sir, are you okay? You were dozing off again,” Joohyuk looked around and no one was around but his secretary and number of bodyguards behind his back. “Ah, sorry,” he sighed “seems like I don’t get any better, right?”

His secretary handed out his medicine ㅡhaloperidol oral and chlorpromazine oral, and a bottle of water. “I don’t feel like taking it. Just give it to me later,” Joohyuk walked out from the room and his secretary didn’t seem to stop nagging him.

“You were dozing off right 10 minutes before the meeting ended, you looked pale and your face stiffened andㅡ” his secretary stopped upon looking at Joohyuk who pierced a hole into his eyes. Joohyuk then turned his face forwards and continued walking.

 

October 20th 2016

07.30 PM

Joohyuk’s Private House

 

“She doesn’t touch his food for 2 days, not even a droplet of water either. We couldn’t help but put on an IV drip,”

Joohyuk nodded, he knew it will be like this

“I also have good news, Sir”

“Go on,” Joohyuk hyped, he’s curious

“She talked and smiled more these days, it stopped 2 days ago though,” Dr. Kim continued “since Dr. Wu wasn’t around.”

“What is it about Dr. Wu? Who is he?”

“He was the one assigned to take care of Seohyun, he is 25 years old and still training under me,” Dr. Kim’s sounded stiffened

“I thought I made it clear that no one can see her daily apart from us both,” Joohyuk face reddened “or should I make it way more clear to you?”

“NO, SIR. I- I mean no, I can explain.”

“Didn’t I said I don’t want any doctor in their 20s or 30s? Didn’t I said it can’t be a man? Are you deaf or just freaking stupid?”

“At first, I assigned him to check up on Ms. Seohyun for 8 days only because I have an appointment last week. Oddly, later when I came back, she refused to see me an begged to be treated by Dr. Wu. She cried when I said he was just a substitute and I am his doctor, he threatened usㅡI and other nurses; that she wont eat until Dr. Wu come to her sight. But then, I knew you wont let someone stays by her side for too long so I just let her that way and put on IV drip.”

Joohyuk hardened his fist, this wont do, he thought. He ended the call. He quickly put on his coat, grab his car key and half running to his car. His bodyguards followed him on the other car. He sped up, even when Pyongyang’s road were quiet and there was no traffic.

He ran off to Wonsan, they arrived after 2 hours of ride. Some people tried to stop him, but he cursed them out and told them to get lost. He ran to Seohyun’s room, too fast that he almost slipped but he didn’t mind. He needed to met her, he knew something was off and he felt something strange. But there was no one in her room, so he ran to the other way and stopped when he saw his earth with a certain someone that it killed him.

 

November 8th 2014

Joohyuk’s Apartment

01.30 PM

 

Seohyun tightened his hug on Joohyuk. They were cuddling all night, talking nonsense, basically just enjoying their time. By the time being, they date each other. Seohyun entered International Business Management in her college and Joohyuk still kept silent about his work, he told her he works for the government and that’s all.

They were looking at each other, smiling, hand-to-hand. “Check 1,2,3” Seohyun pretend to call Joohyuk by walkie talkie, “Earth to the moon, earth to the moon.”

Joohyuk chuckled, his love was being childish while giggling like a baby. “Who is the moon?”

“You,” Seohyun put his head on Joohyuk’s chest “and I will be the earth”

Joohyuk kissed Seohyun’s hair. “You’ll be always around me and I wont stay any where. I want you to be with me, only looking at me, only walking around with me, only laughing with me,” Joohyuk laughed “Babe that was so cheesy.”

“YA! Don’t laugh!” Seohyun pouted “I wasn’t joking though”

“Okay. So you’re my earth and I will be only looking at you, only laughing with you, basically doing everything with you, right?” Seohyun hold her head up and smile. “Right! You will be mine, only mine!” Joohyuk laughed.

 

//BIP//

You have one new message

 

From : Chief Jo

 

Sir, You have to be ready at 03.00 PM. I will send people to pick you up. Your father is waiting for you.

 

//BIP//

You have one new message

 

From : Mr. Nam

 

I’ll meet you in front of 63 building. Make sure you come or you know the rest is up on me.

 

Joohyuk looked at his phone, his mind went blank. His father wanted to meet him, something was off. His father must have known something. He quickly stood and walked to prepare his self. Seohyun, not knowing anything, confused by his behavior.

“Are you going some where, moon?”

But Joohyuk didn’t seems to mind her, he took a bath, getting ready, piled up his file. Seohyun looking at him longingly. It always like this, he kissed me then he left, Seohyun thought.

“Earth, can you take my watch on the table on your left?” Seohyun then looked at the watch and bring it to him.

“Earth, I’m sorry I couldn’t be with you longer. I had something to do, I can’t leave my work. Let’s have a romantic diner tomorrow, okay?” Joohyuk grabbed Seohyun’s hands and squish it softly, she smiled and told him to go. Joohyuk wore his shoes and pecked her lips before he go. But deep inside she knew; when he said tomorrow, it may be a week later or a month later or might be never, he’ll leave her sooner or later.

 

you looked like a rose
beautiful,
yet,
dangerous
prick me
i want to be hurted
kiss me
i want to be kissed
with your red
and burned skin

 

His earth was laughing at that Dr. Wu. That man had his hand around her arms and she didn’t mind. Anger was pumping his heart to beat vigorously. What the heck that man thinks he does, Joohyuk thought. He ran off to their seat.

“Oh?” Seohyun looked at Joohyuk, “Kris, I think my symptoms come again!”

Joohyuk shocked by what he heard. It has been 2 months he didn’t show up in front of her and she thought it was her symptoms?

“Someone’s illusion is right behind you! God what happened withㅡ,” she fainted right away. Kris panicked and hold her. “What do you think you are doing! Put her down now!” Joohyuk grabbed Kris’s shoulder, pull him so Kris turned around then punched him. Shocked by the sudden attack, he lost his balance and he fell with Seohyun on his arms. Joohyuk focused on throwing his punch to Kris, he didn’t know he ended up hurting his Earth too.

“ OFF! DO YOU THINK IT’S THE TIME TO PUNCH ME HERE AND THERE? SEOHYUN IS HURTED AND SCRATCHED TOO, YOU BASTARD!” Kris hit Joohyuk face and hold Seohyun on his arms, brought her to her room.

Joohyuk was taken aback, he forgot his Earth was there and he hurted her. Again. But then, just then, he remembered. He shouldn’t come to see her, it is no good for her. He wasn’t allowed to see her outside her room, or even talking to her if she was up. So he just left, he left because he knew nothing is right. Everything he did, would never be enough to get his earth back. 

 

 

Heloo! HAHAHAAH

actually  i wanted to post it 2 weeks ago but it was only 2 paragraph

my mind went blank guys idk whyy

and actually, i'm making new fanfic and the cast is still secret (bc idk who'll fits the role)

spoiler ; korean version of tappei and miiko // bonnie and clyde

comments bellow bcs i love to read it, critics or anything is fine!

hit me up on my twitter (@duckhyuck)