Thirty Seven

Day&Night (Wonho Fanfic)

SeolHyun 

I'm a wreck of feelings. Every possible feeling is running through my veins. I need to tell Wonho. He needs to know this too. He also needs to know about my president condoning our relationship. He'll be over the moon. 

"You need to tell Wonho?" The president asks me while I'm thinking. He knows me better than I thought after all. This guy is my uncle, it's weird to think about that. 

"Yeah, sorry", I say sheepishly while smiling. I have a family. For the first time in ever I have people who are blood-related to me and actually care about me. I can tell by the way the president told me, that they care. 

"Go", he said with a faint smile. I walk out of the room. It takes me just a few seconds to knock on Wonho's door. Apparently he's been waiting for me because it doesn't take him long to open. He's hesitant when he sees me at first. I fling my arms around his neck and he drags me inside of his room. We can't be careless. We sit down on his bed as he takes me in. 

"I have so much to tell you..." I start off, fiddling with my fingers and the hem of my shirt. 

"Then tell me", Wonho breathes out. He's been holding his breath for a while, I noticed. We're both very anxious for different reasons. I have a family and want to tell Wonho about it, while he thinks we're going to break up or something. 

"For starters: we're not breaking up", I say with a big smile on my face. He doesn't care about the rest since he immediately kisses my lips. It's a kiss of relief. I hold on to him for dear life and he holds me as if I'm the most precious thing in the universe. My heart is beating out of my chest and my brain goes mush whenever he does something like this. His lips are soft against mine, but pressing. He thought we'd never be able to kiss again. So did I for a moment there, but then things changed. 

"Hey there, tiger, let me finish", I chuckle when he finally pulls back for air. His forehead rests against mine as we both gasp for our breaths. 

"What else can be important? You're mine and I'm yours", he smiles a little at that. He's right, we belong to each other. 

"My family", he instantly stiffens. His whole body goes rigid whenever I say a word like that. He's not used to me using a word like that. I don't describe those people as my family, they're just people who abused me. 

"What about it?" he asks, a bit hesitant again. Obviously he's afraid of asking the wrong questions. Maybe he even thinks it'll send me over the edge again.

"It appears that I have found my father", I smile. It's still kind of weird to say. He's so close but so far away. We haven't even really met yet either. "He's closer than I thought." Wonho completely pulls back now. He takes my hands in his and holds them. 

"Tell me everything", he asks with a soft tone. He has this kind of way of calming me down. No one in the universe can do it like him. That's probably why I feel so comfortable around him in the first place. 

I tell him about the president and everything he told me. I tell him about how I am feeling. About how happy and scared I am at the same time. What if my real dad doesn't care about me like my mother did? What if he actually hates me? There are endless possibilities. From a distance everything can seem fine, but the real deal is always different. 

"So he's coming here?" Wonho asks in the end. He seems concerned about it all. Like he doesn't trust any of it. 

"Yeah, he's on his way. What are the odds huh?" I'm over the moon with this all. All I need now is Wonho to be on board with it. He's been my family for the past years, my one and only member. Lately his parents have joined him and now there is a new addition. My real father. There is no way in knowing how Wonho will really take it. 

"I think you need to be careful", he sighs. Of course he has to be a debby downer. It brings my whole mood down. He sure knows how to keep me grounded all the damn time. I know this is just worry speaking, but still I wanted him to be on my side for a change. 

"Do you want to be there when we meet?" I want to keep him happy and reassured. He nods his head in agreement. Of course he wants to see the person who hasn't been there for all these years. The person who let me rot with those awful people. My father can't help it, he didn't know, but that doesn't matter to Wonho. To Wonho he is just someone who has to earn the right to call me daughter and get my trust. 

"You know how I feel about you", he states and leans in to peck my lips. "I want you to be safe and not in pain. If seeing and meeting him causes you pain, I'll make sure to end that. As long as you're truly happy." His words make my insides melt. He's always had a thing with words when it came to me. Wonho can make me lose my mind with a single word. The fun thing is: I have the same effect on him.

"You're too sweet", I smile shyly and hide my face in the crook of his neck. He just holds me there. Like there is nothing better to do. Like this is meant to be.  After a few minutes we both know it's better to pull back or we'll stay like this forever. We don't have the time for that right now. My real father is on his way over here and I still have so many feelings to deal with. Luckily, Wonho is beside me every step of the way. 

"You need to prepare", he whispers, never taking his eyes off me. He's concerned, I can tell from his body language. 

"I'll go pick out an outfit back in my room. Will you come with me? The president will most likely be gone already", I say while pulling him up with me. Something inside me wants him by my side at all times since I'm afraid I'll do something stupid. 

"I don't know if that's a good idea... I can't seem to keep my hands to myself", he grins widely while I roll my eyes at him. I wonder if he's always going to be like that from now on, teasing me. He never did so before, but I kind of like this side to him. We're more carefree around each other. But still, we'll need to be careful. His company still doesn't know and probably won't be so approving as mine. 

"Oh, shush", I slap his arm gently and he pretends to be hurt by that. This kid will be good at acting one day in the future. He has such a bright future ahead of him. And thanks to all of this, I hope I do too. I hope I can go on with my life and have a good one at least. 

"Come on, before someone sees us", he jokes again and pull me out of the door and over to mine. I open it with my card and see that my suspicion has been confirmed: the president has left the room. Probably to call his brother, my father, and telling him I want to see him. It's still weird to think that someone out there is related to me and actually cares about me. He cares enough to want to make contact. 

"I'm nervous", I admit to Wonho after trying on my millionth dress. He says they all look good, but they're just not the one. Wonho is a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to those kind of things. He always wants to look good, so he wants me to look perfect too, for this occasion. 

"It would be very weird if you were not", he snickers a little. I roll my eyes at him again and pull another dress out of the closet. I go into the bathroom and try it on. It's one that comes to my knees and is a deep marine blue. The short sleeves and white finishes make it look so classy, but adorable too. It's not too formal or anything. I actually like this dress a lot, I just haven't been able to wear it a lot. 

"What do you think about this one?" I ask while coming out of the bathroom. I am still looking at my feet when I exit. Wonho lets out a gasp and that finally gets my attention to shift from my feet to his face. His mouth is hanging open as he looks at me, head to toe. He tilts his head to the side and takes me in, full view. 

"Turn around for me?" he then asks. I do as he asks and make a slow turn. This makes me feel self-concious. He always makes me feel that way with the look in his eyes. It's not as if he's judging me, it's as if he's always admiring me. Which is weird. I still haven't gotten used to all the attention. It's normal when you're on stage, but this one-on-one is still weird. 

"And?" I ask after finally fully facing him again. It's as if he's lost for words, which he never is around me. He always has a remark or something to say. It makes me feel even more uncomfortable. 

"You look gorgeous", he breathes out in the end. A sigh escapes my lips and I relax a little more. For a second I was afraid he didn't like it. 

"Then why didn't you say so from the get go?" I ask, a bit exasperated. 

"I'm sorry, but I had a really hard time keeping my hands to myself", he chuckles and I immediately look down to his crotch. I can see what he means by that. "Eyes up here, cinderella." His grin is wide and plastered across his face. I love it. 

I grin back at him and try not to blush too much. There are things about our relationship that have changed so much over the past couple of weeks and there are things that have stayed the same. I like where this is all going in such an amount of time. Who could've thought all these years ago that we'd be here? 

There's a knock on the door. We both look at each other with anxious eyes. I'd totally forgotten about the world while Wonho was here, but it comes crashing down on me again. On us, to be honest. We're both so absorbed into each other that we forget everything else. I don't know if this is really a good thing. We'll have to wait and see, I guess. 

"SeolHyun? He's here and excited to meet you", the president says and Wonho nods at me that it's okay to open the door. I open it and only see the president standing there. "I thought neutral ground would be the best. That's why we're meeting in Doctor Kim's room." 

I follow the president over to Doctor Kim's room. Wonho is holding my hand at all times, letting me know he's here for me, that he'll be here all the time. I pull him close as we walk, he can't leave me now. Doctor Kim's door is just to the right and my nerves are soaring through my veins. What if he doesn't like me? 

President opens the door for us and I step inside, Wonho behind me. I turn the corner and see 2 men sitting. One is Doctor Kim and the other is my father. My father has his back to me and they both stand up upon hearing us coming in. The second my father turns around it's like looking into a mirror. We look so much alike, this can't be coincidence. 

"Hello, SeolHyun. I am your father", he says in a deep and husky voice. I can't believe this is finally happening.