Thirty Six

Day&Night (Wonho Fanfic)

SeolHyun 

I rush back to my room. The president can be here any second and I have no idea what he wants. How did he even know I was here? And what does he want to tell me? This is all just too much for me. I open the door and rush inside. Wonho is still in my bed, still undressed. He looks damn y too. I can see all of tattoos and I kind of have to avoid looking at him. 

"You need to go back to your room, like now", I say, turning my back towards him. I need to focus on something else than him. 

"Why?" I can hear the bed cracking underneath him as he's getting up. 

"The president is on his way here. He can't catch you in my room, especially not half ", I scratch one of my arms while saying this. I need to not turn around. 

"Oh !" he exclaims and I can hear him dressing. His belt clicks and I finally turn around to look. Luckily he has his shirt on too. "How soon will he be here?" 

"I don't know..." I say and he closes the distance between us to kiss me. His lips are soft and the kiss is passionate. We both know that the president can be coming here to put an end to our relationship. If he found out, that is probably the case. I haven't been paying attention to not getting caught. Maybe Doctor Kim even told him behind me back. I can never know for certain. 

"This may be the last time we get to do that", he sighs as he leans his forehead against mine. His breath is warm and his touch makes my body warm up all over. I push myself against him, but remember we don't have the time to do this.

"Let's hope not", I say in a bare whisper while pecking his lips again. I can tell it's hard for him to pull back, but he does so in the end. He takes a few steps back while taking me in once more. 

"I'll see you when you're done", he whispers and leaves the room. I'm left all alone and sit down on the bed. I need to get rid of the all the stuff indicating Wonho was here at all. The bed is made in minutes and I put some of my perfume on the pillows and sheets. The room somehow smelled like Wonho's perfume. I like that the most, but if the president smells it, I'm dead. I around a few more times before going into the bathroom again. My hair needs a little more fixing, so I put it in a careful bun on top of my head while checking my make-up. I touch that up as well while I wait and wait. 

The waiting is the hardest part. To anything, really. I hate waiting more than most things in life because you don't know what to expect exactly. Right now I'm waiting for the president and the doctor didn't even give me a specific time. My phone buzzes and Wonho's name appears. He sent me a text. He's asking if the president is here yet. I text back that he's taking his sweet time if you ask me. Then a knock comes on the door. I put my phone away in the nightstand and stand up. I'm a bundle of nerves while walking the short distance to the door. When I open it, the president is on the other side of it. He smiles a little at me. 

"SeolHyun, how are you now?" he asks me while stepping inside. I can't hide the little smile as he asks that. It's nice to have an adult worry about you for once. 

"Better now", I say while sitting down in a chair. He does the same and sits across from me. "I'm sorry you had to come all the way out here to hear I am okay now." 

"Don't apologise for that. I'm happy to be here. And I have to admit that this is not the only reason I came here..." he admits a little sheepishly and looks at his hands. He is nervous for some kind of reason. It's weird to see such a successful man as nervous as me. 

"Yeah, Doctor Kim told me you have to tell me something", I say in a whisper while he looks up from his hands. He is gathering up the courage to say something. 

"First off, I want to talk to you about something else than the thing I have to say. Don't you have to tell me something?" he asks and I'm taken aback. Does he really know about Wonho? Was I that careless the last couple of days? Or has he known for a longer time? Or did one of the girls rat me out. 

"What is it you want to hear?" I want to play it safe and ask him first before I make a mistake. What if it's not about Wonho at all, but about something else? Then I ratted out myself. 

"I know about Wonho from Monsta X, SeolHyun", he suddenly says and the rest of my world collapses. He'll tell me to stop seeing Wonho. I'm sure of it. What will I do then? Comply and continue to realise this dream of mine? Or will I stand up for our relationship? Like I am supposed to do? 

"W-w-what do you know?" I try to be ignorant a little longer to get more information out of him. 

"About your relationship. And the fact that he's in the room next door from us", he says, a bit more serious than before. This is absolute hell. I don't know what to do or how to react to this. What does the president want me to do? 

"Oh god..." it escapes my mouth before I can say anything else. The president stares at me, waiting for another reply than that. "I'm sorry?" 

"It's fine SeolHyun. He helped you through all of this. But why didn't you say anything?" he asks me, clearly meaning it. 

"Because of the dating ban?" I'm surprised by everything he has to say. And this is not the thing he wanted to tell me, yet. 

"You should know that there's no such thing for you out of all people. And certainly not if he's someone who can help you overcome something like this. This will have to stay under the radar for a while, but if he can help you, I'm more than happy to allow it", my mouth literally drops open upon hearing those words. What the hell is he even saying? 

"So you're saying it's okay?" it's a very dumb question, I know. But I can't help but asking it. I need to know for sure. 

"Yes, I give you full consent. You need him more than you need this dating ban. We'll have to talk about this with the group of course. Do you want to tell them about all of this too?" he gets up and walks towards the window. I know he's asking me to tell them about my family too. They've been worried for the longest of times. 

"I will tell them. In my own time, that is", I nod my head and get up to stand beside him. "Thank you for allowing it. I wouldn't know what to do without his support, or yours." 

"It's absolutely fine. As long as you feel okay", he smiles a little again. The wrinkles around his eyes are more visible these days due to age. Everyone ages in the end. 

"Now, what is the other thing?" I laugh a little at his expression. He turns positively white. 

"It may be better if we sit down again for this", he is serious again. Okay, fine. 

"What could be so serious for you to want me to sit down again?" I ask and he just shakes his head. 

"I want you to listen to what I have to say okay? Don't interrupt me or talk at all until I'm done? This is very important and you need to know the truth after all of these years. You deserve it. After everything you've gone through over these few days, you need to know there's something good out there too", his tone gives me a chill. 

"Okay?" 

"The first time my scout brought you in, I was taken aback because you looked so familiar. You looked like someone I know. I didn't know why, but you were talented as well. Never doubt that that is the reason why you got in. When I saw what kind of condition you were in, I was even more determined to take you in and make sure you got fed and a proper education. The company took good care of you and it has paid off. 

"After about a year or so I started to suspect something. You kept on reminding me of my brother. He was as good looking as you and you clearly have his eyes. The type of eyes to stare down into your soul. My brother had disappeared a few years back and reappeared again a few years after he was gone. All that time he didn't want to talk about where he had been or what he had done. That's why I asked him once more after seeing you. I showed him the picture of you, the one taken that day you arrived at the company. He gasped and looked at it for quite some time. Then he looked at me with tears in his eyes. 

"He asked me: 'I have a daughter?' and I shook my head at him. I didn't know if you were his daughter yet. And I didn't want to get his hopes up. That's why over the years I've tried to get some DNA from you and compare it to his. The results came back about a month ago. Right when you debuted. I didn't want to tell you anything because you were doing so well with your debut. But I guess this is the right time to tell you. My brother is your father. You share the same DNA." 

It takes me a while to process things. The room around me is swirling as I hold on to my chair. Is this for real? I was trying to find my dad by coming to Seoul, but never thought it would be possible. And he is within reach now. He is so close. And has been for a while. 

"So you're my uncle?" I blurt out without thinking. Thinking is not my strongest suit at the moment. 

"Yes, I am. That's why I always took care of you. I always had a feeling", he takes my hand in his and squeezes it. 

It's a lot to take in and we sit in silence for a while. What am I to do with this information? My heart aches for the father I have never known. It aches to have a family at last. 

"Can I meet him?" I suddenly ask. There are so much questions I have for him. 

"Sure. He can be here in a few hours. He's been on standby ever since I told him I was going to tell you. Whenever you want." 

"I want him to come now." I don't know if this is a good idea, but it's the only one I can think off.