Ten

Day&Night (Wonho Fanfic)

SeolHyun's POV

Days pass by and I don't get to see Wonho that much anymore. Our training sessions last well into the night, but end so we can sleep just about 4 hours. The closer the comeback is, the less I see or hear of him. Our last conversation ended abruptly as well since I was being very fickle with my answers. Everything these days just gets on my nerves. I want to do my absolute best, but it's so hard with these memories lingering in the back of my head. It's even become so bad that I wake up screaming in the middle of the night. That's why I don't mind training so long, sleeping has become my most dreaded action of the day. MiNa has been keeping a close eye on me at all times, but she just comforts me, knowing she can't do anything else. The rest of the girls pretend not to see for my sake. It's also not interfering with my job as their leader. SungMin, our manager, has become very stressed out too. He's been coming by the dorms to check if we're all there and going to bed. It's his responsibility to keep us healthy and going. 

Every single lunch he makes sure we get our salads and sports drinks to keep on practicing. He's also at all our practices these days to see if we're doing well, if anyone needs anything at all. All I can say is that I feel the tension building. Our debut is only a week away now and we've been running around the whole city. There are promotions to do, clothing to fit and people to see. Today Seventeen has graced us with their visit. They've been doing promotions for "Pretty U', but they are ending very soon. Next week to be exact, so we can start ours. 

I know them better than any other girl on my group. Seventeen debuted before us, but I trained with every single one of them since the beginning. Back when they were all cute and fetus. Nowadays they've become tall (some of them at least) and handsome. I can still remember the days they wore their very long hair. At least Jeonghan has cut his hair too, not that he wasn't cute with it. Somehow this makes him look even more like a girl. I'm not sure if he minds or not. 

The girls are having a pretty good time with Seventeen. Seungcheol joins me in watching them interact.

"From one leader to another: don't sweat it too much", he gives me advice. He's already been doing that through SNS lately too. 

"Thank you. I just want us to do well and have many fans", I admit while I lean back against the mirror of the practice room. 

"Knowing you, you'll do amazing and have even more fans than us!" his compliments make me blush. 

"Dude, you have a group with 13 guys, I can never do better than that with just 7 girls!" I whack his arm playfully and he pretends to be hurt by the action.

"Okay, you're right. But still, both guys and girls will like you a lot!" 

"I hope they do!" I flash him a smile and he just relaxes. It's been the first day they actually can relax since a very long time. "Are your new endings going well for the song?" 

"Yes they are actually. It's not that hard. These days it feels like a second nature to do that dance", his smile says it all, he's proud of what they've achieved. 

"Oh and congrats on the win!" I actually forgot to send them a text. But at the same day that they won, we got the new we were going to form a new girl group. 

"Thanks. It was the best day of our lives, I can assure you that." The rest of the boys in the room are being very loud except for Wonwoo in the back. He seems to be a little lost without Mingyu pulling him everywhere. 

"SeolHyun!" Soonyoung calls out to me and I wave back at him. He's always looking for me to practice new things. He's actually choreographed the dance for their new comeback. I only hope to be able to do the same thing in the future. 

"SoonYoung!" I say and he engulfs me in a hug. We're roughly the same height now. I remember him being really small. 

"When your promotions are over I hope to be able to freestyle with you again", he smiles as we stand in the middle of the room. 

"I hope so too! You guys have been so busy and I'm sure we'll be busy from now on too", I nod at him with a genuine smile. 

"I'm sure we can find some time when your promotions are over. When they told me about our new girl group debuting I just knew you were going to be in it! You're so talented!" I turn a little red again. These boys keep on showering me with their compliments. Too cute. 

In the end they have to go again and I feel completely drained of energy. There are so many of these guys and they keep on bouncing around. It's not just an image they uphold, they're really like this, always have been. It's fun to be with them, but they just all the energy from your body. 

"It was nice of them to come to wish us good luck", JiHee says with a small smile. I know she's been feeling better ever since she got to talk to her sister. 

"I hope they can make it to our debut showcase too", MiJin sits down in our circle of girls to complete it. 

"Well, Hansol promised me, so he better come through!" SooMi said with a glad expression. They've worked together in the past to write lyrics for various songs. That's why they're pretty close.

"SeungCheol promised me the same thing", I tell them and they know it's going to be okay from now on. Whenever he promises something to me, he comes through. "Well, since we're a bit more spirited, let's get to practice again!" 

The girls clap in excitement and get up. Our dance instructor doesn't come anymore since we know the dance and I can handle it. We get into formation and start practicing again. The girls are just glowing and finally getting it all right from the first try. It's nice to see them trying this hard. Having Seventeen come over was a really good idea. The manager did very good. 

Practice lasts until late at night. The manager was a little sick so he went home at 10 pm. Not that we minded, finally some freedom. We end it at 1 am. All of us are laughing while we exit the building. The figure standing in front of the building doesn't even stand out to me because of the fun I'm having with them. Suddenly the group comes to a halt and starts to fangirl like crazy. . Seriously Wonho? Did they really have to see you? And why are you here? 

"Excuse me, I was wondering if I could borrow SeolHyun for a bit", he flashes them his biggest smile. They melt like cheese in the microwave. 

"O-of course!" MiJin stutters, she never stutters. Ever. That's the effect Wonho has on girls. Wonderful. 

I smile apologetically at the girls and follow Wonho to our spot at the fountain. He turns to face me and I put on a neutral expression. 

"Have you been avoiding me?" he asks, going straight to the point. He never was one to go around in circles much. 

"No, we've been very busy practicing. And the manager has been making sure we're getting enough sleep..." He's so full of himself if he thinks it's all about him again. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's just that I've been texting you like crazy and you haven't responded to a single one", he seems genuinely concerned for my well being. "And you've lost weight, again." He's not happy with that last part. At all. 

"I turned off my phone to avoid distractions. I don't really need it now anyways. I thought you were busy with preparing to come back too? Besides I need to focus", I'm only lying just a little bit. I turned it off to not have these memories again. He makes them come back. In floods. They've been drowining me. 

"Oh, you could've warned me?" he's kind of annoyed by now. 

"Well, I'm sorry for not informing you of every single detail of my life!" I lash out. He does not deserve this, but I'm in pain. Emotionally. The memories I've been getting have been nagging on my from the inside and seeing him doesn't make it any better. 

"Why are you getting so defensive right now?" His voice is soft as he tries to calm me down. He's always been very good with dealing with my moods. 

"It's not easy, okay?" I choke out, surprised that it even came out of my mouth.

"What isn't?" he's genuinely confused now. 

"Seeing you all of the damn time. As much as I like reminiscing about the past, it hurts too", I can't hold it all back anymore. 

"Do I bring back bad memories?" his voice is barely even a whisper. 

"Yes." The answer is short and simple, but loaded with such emotion. It's almost as if he got slapped across the face. 

"I'm sorry for making your life miserable then", he backs away a little, still hurt. 

"I didn't mean it like that, Wonho..." I shake my head and sink into the bench behind me. "I thought I'd gotten rid of them all." 

"You've just been ignoring your feelings", he states and sits down beside me. The hurt expression is still there, but mixed with understanding. 

"I know, but it has been working out pretty well for me until now", I put my head in my hands while I sigh. His hand is suddenly on my back, but I don't flinch. I let it rest there to comfort me. 

"You can't keep running from the past. I know how hard it's been, but you can't let it define you. This will not go away until you face your fears", Wonho is pretty wise for his age right now. I look up at him with expectant eyes. 

"I think I can't do it alone anymore..." I whisper and he pulls me in for a hug. 

"I'll be here for you, okay? This time I'm really not going anywhere. Promise." 

"I want to believe you, but it's hard, you know?" I spit out and feel him tense up all around me. 

"I know. I'm so sorry for ever leaving you", it's kind of heartbreaking to hear the tone he has now. 

"I'll be fine in time, just give me that", I plead and he lets go of me, way too soon if you ask me. 

We sit in silence for a while after that. Lately all of our moments together have been so full of emotion, it's been killing me. The constant suspense is nerve wrecking for the both of us. 

"By the way, did you really have to come here so the girls would see you?" I try to lighten the mood a little. 

"I wanted to see your reaction. And you couldn't run away from me if I was there right in front of you", he holds up his shoulders and smiles widely. 

"Good thinking. But now I'll have to face the interrogation squad back at the dorms", I sigh and groan afterwards. 

"Chill, it'll be okay", he laughs as he takes my hand and pulls me up. "Let's get you home." 

His hand is still in mine as we make our trek home. I don't let go and neither does he. These butterflies in my stomach are not caused by my friendly adoration towards him. And it scares me.