Twenty Six

Day&Night (Wonho Fanfic)

Wonho's POV

She cries and cries for half an hour more. It is very difficult to see her this way. It pains me. More than anything ever has. From now on SeolHyun means everything to me. More than music, more than being an idol, more than my life. She deserves the absolute best after having such a horrible childhood and adolescence. I quit on her when things got worse and I'm not about to do that now. The only thing left for me to do is give her everything she deserves and so much more. 

"Are you okay?" I ask her, unsure if that's even the right question at this point. Of course she is not okay. 

"Better", she whispers while wiping some tears away from her face. 

Her confession got the best of me. My heart splintered in a thousand different pieces as she went on with her story. The only thing I could think of was putting my arms around her and to comfort her. The pain seeped through her explanation and poured into every inch of me, like I had been there. For a big part I had been, but the worst happened after I was gone. Was I really so naive to think that they would stop? That her life would get better while I was making a name for myself? I realise now I was selfish. And being selfish is the worst of all. It's the thing I hate most. Especially after hearing her talk about something so difficult. 

"I can't believe you kept that all inside for so long", I sigh while her back in a loving manner. She exhales deeply while clinging on to the back of my shirt. She needs all the support she can get. 

"I'm so happy I was able to tell you in the end", she says against my shirt. My heart totally melts for her once again. Like it hasn't been beating like crazy ever since I first saw her again. She must've noticed by now. 

"And I am really happy you chose to tell me, of all people", I really feel that way. I'm honored she chose me. 

"If I ever want to be with you completely, this is the only way", my heart skips a beat. She wants to be with me. She really admitted to that. I can't believe it. This must be a joke. 

"You want to be with me?" I ask one more time to make sure she didn't make a mistake. 

"Yes", she releases my shirt and hangs back a little so I can look at her face. She's blushing and smiling from ear to ear. Something in me just wants to lean down and kiss the heck out of her, but I hold back. 

"You do know what that means, don't you?" I ask her. "We have to keep this a secret from everyone except our band members and we have to be really careful." 

"I'm prepared to do that. If only I can find a little piece of happiness after that crappy time", that's what sells me. I lean down and press my lips against hers, softly. The first time we were both deprived and hungry, this time I want it to be really sweet. I want to make her bones melt and her heart skip a lot of beats, like mine is doing this second. Her hands get a hold of my shirt as she holds me close and kisses me back. There is a sense of freedom in this. A sense of defiance. No company can forbid me to fall in love with this girl. It's already too late. I've fallen and it's been a hard fall. It's been hard dealing with it as well as realising it. She is no easy lady, but I'll try giving her everything she needs and wants in life. Without having to give up her dream, or mine. We'll make it. We just have to be very careful with how we proceed from here on. 

"If anyone asks, we've known each other since we were little and just reconnected again after I found out you were debuting..." I press on after releasing her. We need to get our facts straight before we do anything else. She seems to be thinking it over and in the end she nods. 

"Yeah, that could work. If we're ever seen together that's a good strategy", her smile melts my heart even more. She's the only girl who can make me feel kind of weak in the knees. And I sound like a real girl right now too. But I don't care about that. 

"You're just too cute for me to handle", it slips out before I can even hold it back or realise it. She just giggles at me and blushes, hard. Which makes it even worse for me to handle. 

"You are hopeless", she jokes and swats my arm playfully as we both sink back into the couch of the karaoke room. There are still 15 minutes left on the clock for us both. 

"I can't believe we're doing this", I say dreamily while pulling her into my chest and resting my head on top of hers. 

"This is just too crazy", she says, a bit muffled through my shirt. 

"If you don't want to do it anymore, it's already too late", I grin widely. She was probably expecting something else. 

"I don't want out. Ever." Her reply is simple but it shakes my heart to the simple core it has. My body reacts to her like no other. It's like we're both attracted to the same pole at the same time. There's a chord in between us that no one can sever. Not even common sense. We should be thinking this through some more, but all rationality has left our bodies. We're just left with our hearts at the moment, and that speaks for itself. I've never really followed my heart before. This is a good place to start. 

 

SeolHyun's POV

Wonho's sweet words move me. Little by little my wall crumbles down until it's just a mess of bricks. He found a way through my armor and made me fall in love with him. It's too early to really tell, but I feel like this is a decision I will not regret. In fact, I think that if I'd left this opportunity go, I would've regretted it for the rest of my life. Being with Wonho brings me a whole new kind of happiness. A true kind. One that I've been missing all my life. The only person who was ever able to give it to me was Wonho. It's been a long time coming, I see that now. Wonho used to be like a big brother, but from the moment we saw each other again, it was obvious that it had changed. Big brothers don't look at their little sisters like that. And I realised I didn't want him to look at me like a little sister. I wanted him to look at me like I was the only girl on this planet. And he's been giving me that look ever since our meeting. I don't regret a single second of it. 

After telling Wonho everything it feels as if a big load of problems have been lifted off my shoulders. Some days I felt like I was carrying the world on my back, but today I feel like floating. As if I'm with my head in the clouds. I guess that's what they mean with being on cloud nine when you're in love. They're totally right about that one. Plus Wonho accepts me for who I am, damaged and all. I'm damaged goods, but he seems to be seeing beyond that. He sees the real me, the one I was years ago. She's still in here somewhere and he's been able to find her. Only him. 

"Should we be leaving?" Wonho suddenly asks while looking at the clock. We only have five more minutes together. It sends a jab through my chest. I'm going to miss him. It's cliché, I know, but still. 

"After our 5 minutes are up", I grin up at him and he leans down until our lips meet. This is really my favourite part of all of this. The kissing. He never ceases to make me feel beautiful and wanted while kissing me. I'm like his porcelain doll, one he doesn't want to break. His kisses always start out slow now. They work their way up to being heated. I let Wonho take the wheel because he is clearly more experienced than me. I try not to let it bother me, but it kind of bugs me in the back of my head. Wonho is really my first kiss ever. I've never kissed another boy before. Or girl for that matter. He is the only one. And it's kind of weird that I'm not. But just look at him, he's handsome. Every girl backstage eyes him with this kind of expression, full of wanting. I'll have to be able to deal with that. 

"I love kissing you", he sighs against my lips. His breath is hot on mine as I kiss him one more. 

"Same here", I smile against his lips this time. 

"Seems like our five minutes are up", he pulls away from me and then pulls me up from the couch. We really need to get going. '

"Will you walk me home?" I ask him and of course he nods. He's a true gentleman. The walk home is silent since I'm a nervous wreck. I want to hold his hand, but don't want to be too obvious in case someone walks by and recognises us. This is confusing as hell. We arrive home sooner than anticipated. 

"Good night", he says in a low voice while cupping my cheek with his right hand. I lean into it without thinking and then lean up a bit. He wants to peck my lips, but his lips linger a bit longer. We can't just have a peck, I need to kiss him just a bit longer. 

"Good night", my voice sounds so dreamy. He watches me go inside and I wave one more time before he is really gone. The second I turn around I see six sets of eyes looking at me. They're all anxious. I sigh once before facing them. "I need to tell you guys something." 

"We know." SooMi says with a little smile. All the girls nod their heads. 

"Are you fine with it?" I ask them, a bit worried about their reactions on this. 

"Have you told him everything you can't tell us? Has he accepted your past?" MiNa asks me and I nod my head. 

"He's really understanding. And we both know we'll have to keep this a secret. But I can't lie to you guys. This is real..." 

"Then we're okay with it", EunHa says with a little smile and inches closer. Mere seconds later I'm engulfed in a tight group hug. These girls are like family to me. Once again they have proven to be the only family I truly have left besides Wonho.