Just for tonight.

Waking up without you.

 

 

 

Credits to this site for the image above.


[ Jonghyun ]

 

"Eh? Come with you... where?"
I asked, tilting my head in confusion as I also got up to my feet.

I still don't understand why or even where he needs to be at ten in the evening. And more so, that it would be better if I was there with him.

"Just wait here for a second. I need to get something first."

I watched eagerly as he walked over to the kitchen, taking off the strangely familiar apron and hanging it up on the book beside the counter. His arms stretched up, opening the cupboard and pulling something out. After closing the cabinets, he went back to my side with the plastic container, which I now figured as a medicine box, and smiled like nothing's wrong.

"Shall we?"

I found myself nodding stupidly and trailing behind him like a lost puppy. He led me outside the flat, tons of questions piling up my brain but I didn't dare ask. Not even a minute passed and we stopped our tracks in front of the haunted door. I turned to him as my body was petrified by fear.

"Onew-hyung... w-why are we standing before the haunted d-door?"

He looked at me like I'm some kind of a freak.

Then he laughed. Hard.
It took him a good two minutes to recover from his laughing fit while I stood by him, not in any way pleased.

"Why would you think it's haunted? For Barney's sake, Jonghyun. What are you, four?"
He finally managed to form an interrogative sentence.

"Because! I passed by it earlier and a sudden chill ran through me. And as far as I know, nobody lives there!"

"That was a good laugh, Jonghyun,"
He stated, still in the process of composing himself. When he regained his proper senses, he bit his lip and stared at the door, almost boring a hole in it.
"Just so you know, someone lives here now. Well, technically."

"Who?"
Please, don't let it be Hades' minions.

"Your biggest fan."
He lowly answered that I barely caught each word. His hand was on the knob, twisting it open after punching in the door code.

"How come you know your neighbor's door code? You're not a thief by night, are you?"

For some reason, my stomach started doing flips and my hands have gone unusually cold. For all I know, my face was also drained of blood. He took a moment to pause, an internal debate clearly written on his face. I let him take his time, respecting whatever it was that he chose to keep to himself.

"I'm doing this for him, Jonghyun. So, please... don't do anything stupid."

Before I could even throw in a question, he already pushed the door open and kicked his shoes off. I blinked a few times before finally snapping back to reality and untying my shoelaces so I could follow him inside.

"Where do you think you're going? I told you not to stay in bed, didn't I?"

My ears perked up at the sound of Onew-hyung's scolding voice. I still had no clue what the reason is that I had to be here with him but I didn't protest. There's this magnetic pull, telling me to just stay. I fastened my work on the shoelaces and shook them off, taking long strides to where the older singer is. It caused a panic in me when I heard him stressing over something.

"J-Jonghyun...?"

... Or in this case, someone.

I froze, my whole body petrified.
Was I looking at Medusa that a single eye contact would turn me into a rough statue?

My breath hitched and at that exact moment, my world stopped revolving. Gravity was losing its hold on me and eventually giving up. My sanity no longer belonged to me but to the unearthly beauty standing right before my eyes.

"Kibum."
I finally found you.

You who my heart has been longing for all this time.
You who I owe my sincere apology.
You who I have been dreaming of every night since you left.
You... who no longer sleep in the same bed as me.

"What is he doing here, Rabbit?"

Rabbit.
So, it was him all this while.

Lee Jinki was the thief who stole my love away.

I clenched my fists into balls, my nails digging painfully in my palms as the scene in front of me unfolds. His arms circled delicately around your small waist while you hold onto his shoulder for support. The way he looked at you with such loving eyes, the way his smile turned sweet just for you causing you to blush...

I HATE IT.
I hate the face that the person you turn to is him.

Why him of all people?

Him who I have nothing against.
Him who has always been good to me.
Him who is better than me at almost everything.
Him who would probably take good care of you.
Him who would make a better lover than I ever was.

I wanted to lunge at him for taking you away from me.

But he didn't take you away.

You left me on your own accord.

I stared at your flawless face for a few seconds longer, taking in every detail.

Until I met those beautiful feline orbs.

Fear.
It was very clear and evident.

"You need him, Kitty. At least until this goes away."
The man I envy the most placed a hand on your forehead and that was when I understood.

I intended to take a step closer to you, but then you did something that shattered my heart entirely.

I stood still, watching you nod weakly with half-lidded eyes. Then you did it.
You leaned closer, burying your face in his chest as if it was the normal thing to do between you and him.

"I feel tired..."
Your muffled words reached my ears.

"Will it be okay if Jonghyun carries you to bed? I need to prepare your medicine, Kitty."

Hearing your pet names for each other made the aching in my chest deepened, but I endured it. Tons and tons of questions filled my mind, but I decided to save them all for later. I wanted to ask how you knew him, how you ended up practically living with him, how you got so comfortable with him. But now is not the right time to do that, not when you're looking paler than usual.

Were you always this fragile and frail?

I waited for your response, praying to the almighty Zeus, Poseidon, Athena, and all other existing gods that hopefully, you can find it in your heart to let me hold you. To let me take care of you, even just for tonight.

I could have sworn my spirit parted my earthly body when you lifted your head to look at me and to smile that precious dimpled smile before nodding in approval. My body suddenly moved on instinct, no longer stoned. In a split second, I reduced the gap between us, lips forming into a wide, toothy smile.

My heart wanted to jump out of my chest when Onew-hyung loosened his hold on your waist as you pry away from him to extend your arms for me to hold.

Like right pieces of a puzzle, our bodies fit perfectly together.
This is how it's supposed to be. I can't believe I forgot how amazing this felt, how welcoming your warmth felt, how alluring your scent smelt.

"I'll take it from here, Hyung. Thank you. Really."
No matter how jealous I am of him, the fact still stood that he brought me to you. His heart was big enough to let me see you even defying your will.

Without a second to waste, I bent my knees a little to place an arm at the back of your knees, carefully carrying you bridal style to your room - which I assumed was the one with the open door. My smile got wider when I felt your slender arms wrap around my neck like the many times I used to carry you to bed. You have no idea how electrifying it was for me when you concealed your face at the crook of my neck, your warm breath sending a shiver down my spine.

I can't help but notice how light you were. Have you been eating well?

"I'm cold..."
I stopped my steps after hearing your whispered words against my skin.

That's when I felt it.

You were ing burning with fever!

"He's been like that since last night, I don't even know what to do anymore."
I turned back slightly to see Onew-hyung looking down on the floor, a look of dismay drawn on his face.

Last night?
I tried to recall everything that could cause you to end up in this state.

The rainstorm.

Without a word, I hurriedly walked in your room and placed you in bed as gentle as I could, pulling the blanket over you for warmth.

"Wait for me a little, okay?"
I quietly said, brushing the strays bangs out of your eyes.

I hesitated for a moment, thinking of the consequences of my next action. I soon gave in and planted a kiss on your forehead.

"Jjong... D-don't-"

"Please, Baby. Just for tonight, let me stay with you just for tonight."

I'm a selfish bastard, I know that full well. But I can't let you push me away just yet, not when the only person who can help you get better is me.

I half-ran out of the room, making my way to the main door. I was putting on my shoes when the older male came up to me, asking where I was heading.

"I'll be back in ten minutes. Please prepare a cold compress for him, Hyung."

I didn't have time to wait for his response as I exited the flat with much speed. The elevator brought me down to the basement, my footsteps echoing across the almost empty parking lot. As I reached my car, I grabbed my duffel bag and slung it over my shoulder before locking the vehicle with the car's remote key.

You've always been afraid of the roaring thunders, the biggest fear you acquired ever since I almost lost you during our high school camp. If I had not flirted with that girl named Se Kyung, you wouldn't have ended up fearing for your life every rainstorm. I was stupid, and I still am.

But if none of those happened, I probably would not have realized my feelings for you.

"Here's the basin with water and a wash cloth, Jonghyun. What's in the bag?"
Onew-hyung questioned when I got back to the living room, his hands holding up the said items.

"My clothes. I'll explain later. We need to tend to Key first."

With that, I made my way back to your room, the klutz following behind. I sat on your bedside, placing the bag on the floor as I zip it open and search for the things I need - boxers and an oversized white shirt. Pulling them out of the bag, I looked over my shoulder and met Onew-hyung's questioning gaze.

I stood up, getting the basin from him before clearing my throat to speak.
"I'll have to dress him into my clothes, Hyung. I hope you don't mind leaving the room for a while."

"May I ask why it has to be your clothes?"

I nibbled on my lip before speaking the truth.
"His fever won't go away unless his body calms down. And that can only happen if, and only if, he feels secured enough. Through the years of being together, he found that security in wearing my clothes and inhaling what he calls my husband scent."

"Oh."
His expression betraying him, almost screaming the disappointment he felt when I spat out the words I felt so proud of.

He smiled weakly, bowing his head as he went out of the room. Whatever it was that he has against me, that will have to wait. For now, I'm setting my priorities straight.

I closed the door, walking back and sitting on the bed with the basin on my lap.

"I'm c-cold..."
You mumbled, almost coming out as a whisper.

I transferred the basin from my lap to your bedside desk and quickly grabbed my clothes to put it on you.

"Baby, let me change your clothes first."

I wasn't sure how you'd react to this, but I can't afford to see you in such a weak condition anymore. I slowly peeled the blanket from you and placed my hands on the hem of your shirt. My hands were shaking nervously has it been a long time since I was this close touching you.

My mind started to wander off - the feel of your smooth skin against my fingers, the intoxicating sweet scent from your breath, the tempting collarbones that peek out from your shirt.

I was being in.

But before I could go any further, a hand stopped me from doing so.

I locked gazes with you, the look you had was pleading for me to stop.

"I won't do anything, Key. I promise. I just need to put you in my clothes."

"Y-you can't... I, we... We're not-"

"I know, Baby. I know. We'll talk about us when you get better, okay? But just for tonight, let's pretend that everything's okay."

I thank your fever for draining all the energy in your body, preventing you from putting up a fight.

I tried to keep my heart from beating so hard when I successfully slipped your shirt off your curvy frame. Oh god, you don't know how much I wanted to run my fingers on that milky skin of yours and leave marks all over to show the world that you belong to me and no one else.

My hands were already working on your skinny jeans when I caught a glimpse of your flushed cheeks. I smiled, flattered that I can still put a blush on your face. I missed this, I missed us.

"Please d-don't..."

I sighed, not wanting to force you into something you're obviously against.
"Will you be okay with just your boxers on?"

You nodded once, still with flustered cheeks. Adorable.

"Alright. I'll just remove your jeans then put my shirt on you."

With careful hands, I slid it off you, exposing your milky legs. I gulped at the sight, biting my lower lip to avoid any inconvenience down there. When I finished dressing you with my white tee, I squeezed out the excess water from the face towel, folding it into a nice rectangle and placing it atop your forehead.

I was about to leave the room to check on Onew-hyung when I felt your thin fingers around my wrist.

"I... I'm c-cold... Stay..."

I need not be told twice for I know exactly what it will take to make that ing illness to go away.

I crawled on the bed, lifting the blanket a little so that I could lay under it beside you. Instinctively, I wrapped my arms around your figure as you automatically scooted closer for the heat emitted by my body.

How stupid was I to take someone like you for granted?

How stupid was I to let myself get blinded by lust?

Minutes passed and I can feel your breath getting even, telling me that you were already peacefully asleep. As if my hand has a mind of its own, it moved to trace the outline of your unblemished face - from your beautiful feline eyes, button-like nose, bow-shaped lips, and down to your perfectly sculptured jaw line.

Beautiful.
God must have been a little biased when he created someone as fine as you.

"How could I not see the most precious jewel when it's right before my eyes?"
I whispered, half-hoping you'd hear the words that I speak.

Just one.
One kiss won't hurt, right?

I gently lifted your chin a bit as I leaned closer, closing the space of air between my lips and yours. My heart was running a marathon inside my chest and I feared that it might wake you.

Slowly...

Getting...

Closer...

My eyes closed as fireworks exploded inside my stomach. Your lips felt soft against mine, sweeter than sugar.

And your scent, god, I think I've just been drugged.

I gradually pulled away, not wanting to take advantage any more than I already did.

"I'm still in love with you, Kim Kibum. I can't believe I forgot."

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Answering back comments which I haven't replied yet due to my busy life :

vampireme12: I thought I'd be charge of something illegal if I have the same title as the other story. XD I guess not, so I'm keeping it. Yay. :3
kimbabkey: Firstly, I like your username. You just made Key a wrapped rice. LOL. :)) Secondly, thank you for reading and subscribing and leaving a comment! ♥
Jjong7: Do you know the name of the girl in his musical? I don't know herrrr. D: But she's pretty and she's got a very beautiful voice! :>
meshlurvkey: But you gotta admit, Jessica is kinda innocent here. *wiggles eyebrows* Sorry if there aren't any dramas yet, poor Key-bb is sick with fever in this chapter. D: And THANK YOU, Dear, for the encouragement. I needed that rest, really. I'm never gonna shop for that long again. E-V-E-R.
Bigbangbaby: Thank you, thank you, thank you! :>
LifeisSHINee: No, just... NO! You wouldn't want to shop for 12 straight hours, Babe. Nah-uh. You won't be able to feel your legs and arms anymore, I SWEAR. :\
chocolove123: DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT SHOP FOR 12 HOURS. You can die from it. I almost did. *le sigh*
christina94: Dongsaengiiieee~ You need to massage my legs, they hurt. T__T I'll take your advice and just shop online instead of mall hopping.
caralea11: YOU! YOU!!! YOU ARE A WOOKEY SHIPPER, I SWEAR! :)) I saw that fic (that y Wookey fic) where you destroyed Wookyu and Jongkey. LOLOLOLOL. :))
kpoper: Sorry, Chingoooo! I suddenly became busy. :< Hope this makes up to it... or not?
iamsleepyhead: DON'T. You will hurt yourself by shopping for 12 hours. :\ I'm warning you. :))

 

*drumroll*
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KIM JONGHYUN, OUR DINOPUP!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSga2xr9mjv0wXPIUZEb2P

Oops, sorry. Wrong picture.

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ_mEpc-LMOgZXlicdr2m

 

 

 

P.S.
This fic, Teenage Love Affair, seriously needs subscribers. It's freakingly well-written, I swear.
It's even better than my story! I don't know the author but after reading a chapter,
his/her plot got stuck in my head.

GO READ! You won't regret it! :3