yellow chrysanthemum

sakimaa no nai hana
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

( yellow chrysanthemum - slighted love )

 

 

Taehyung was supposed to have been resting. His band mates knew he was in Daegu just the way Hoseok was in Gwangju. But, Hoseok was actually in Gwangju while Taehyung had been in a hospital recouping. Dr. Kim Hakyeon had told him to take a few days rest before getting himself discharged since usually a patient suffering from Hanahaki took anywhere between a day or, two after the surgery to recuperate. There was no side-effect. In Taehyung’s case, eighty percent of his lungs had been covered in little thorns. His hanahaki had a long time to grow in him, growing, spreading and reaching where ever it could. He was glad at least, it was daffodils and not rose. Rose would have led to larger thorns and he wouldn’t have been able to last even a few days without dire consequences. When the nurse attending him found him awake, he asked for Namjoon not knowing if the leader had been around. Namjoon came a short while later when the nurse informed the taller boy Taehyung was looking for him. His surgery had taken seven hours and he had regained consciousness eight more hours later. Namjoon who had been sitting outside the Operation Theatre the entire time later informed him.

 

“Tae..” Namjoon’s eyes were red and puffy and cheeks, blotched with tears.

 

“Hyung.”

 

He smiled and there was this lightness in his chest. His smile grew wider. Namjoon was looking at him with wide eyes. He rubbed his chest in the gesture that he had gotten used to. He prodded at his chest with his fingers and grinned ear to ear. He threw the flimsy standard hospital blanket away and stumbled off the bed. Namjoon rushed to him and hugged him.

 

“Taehyung.” He looked at him with hopeful eyes. “Are you.. Do you.. Are you okay?”

 

“No, hyung! Am great!!!”

 

Namjoon started laughing and Taehyung joined him. Namjoon hugged him again. “I thought I lost you, buddy.” Taehyung snuggled into his chest. He was happy seeing his leader. Namjoon oddly invoked a sense of security and protection despite being only a year older to the other boy. “I was so scared. Had something happened to you, I could have never forgiven myself.” Taehyung scowled and pulled himself back.

“Hyung, it’s nobody’s fault. If it is at all, then, it’s mine.” It was Namjoon’s turn to scowl at him. “But, hyung”, he frowned, “shouldn’t I be sad? Why do I feel happy?” He sat on the edge of the bed. “I lost something. It didn’t go away naturally. It was taken away. With my consent but..”

Namjoon cut off the younger boy. “Taehyung, it is good news.” His gaze was sad and filled with pity. Taehyung didn’t want to see it. He didn’t want pity. He quickly changed the topic. Together, they built a story believable enough: Taehyung was sick. Namjoon was with him at the hospital till one of the red-haired boy’s cousins came to pick him up and take him back home and thus, dropping out of the Europe Tour.

After the taller boy left, Taehyung lied down, pulling the blanket up covering his face. Dr. Kim had dropped in twice to check up on his progress. Taehyung had to come for visits in every six days because even though they had removed the majority of it and the singer’s life was no longer under any threat, there was still some of the infected cells. A few more sittings and he will be completely free. He had thanked the leader for bringing the boy just in time otherwise, no doctor could have done anything to save him. He chided Taehyung for negligence; for waiting till the appointed date. He should have come as soon as he had seen the vast amount of petals he had coughed out. He had ruffled his patient’s hair, to Taehyung’s surprise. An action very unlike the professional man.

“You are like Jinnie to me.” His eyes twinkled.

 

***

 

“Can I ask you something, Doctor?” Taehyung had blurted out during Hakyeon’s visit in the following morning. The doctor had been flipping through the pages attached on the clipboard with the readings and details.

“I would like you to not make too much use of your vocals at the moment. You are an idol. It must need proper rest. However, I’ll encourage you to ask me to clear your doubts.”

“Uh.. Well, when I used to vomit.. The petals.. They used to be dark and more like, withered. But, the last few times, they were like new, bright, fresh. Why so?”

“Really?” Taehyung nodded his head. “Withered ones are for unrequited love.”

“Huh? I thought Hanahaki itself was about unrequited love?”

“Yes and no. Sometimes a person loves you but, does not love you in that way. They want you but, just not in the way you want. Your dissatisfaction and perception of the situation also matters a lot.”

“So, that would be mean Yoo-my love was totally and completely un-reciprocated?”

“Yes.”

Taehyung was surprised that the answer did not upset him in the least even if he had anticipated it. “Then, why would they change?” The doctor opened and shut his mouth several times before he replied.

“One answer could be and the most common one is that the disease was in it’s last stage. So, the flower was going to bloom.”

“And, the other?”, he prompted.

“Uh, Taehyung-ssi .. It is not very plausible but, since we have heard of such rare few cases.. the other person reciprocating the feeling, however, minute it may be.” He frowned looking at his patient. “I do not wish to give you any unnecessary hope. You have to be careful. We are yet to remove it entirely. There is a chance it could grow back and Namjoon-ssi may not be on time next time.” He was almost at the door, leaving, when he said, “Namjoon-ssi left your phone here. You can text or, do whatever kids of your age do but, please refrain from talking. Papers for discharge will be ready by tomorrow. You are good to go if you want to and start taking the medicines I have prescribed, 48 hours later. We do not need them to interfere with the ones we have had to inject in you. I have already instructed Seokjin what to do. I’ll come tomorrow in the morning. If you need me, ask the nurse to call me.”

 

The remaining of that day and the next, he spend sleeping.

 

***

 

Taehyung did not know the dorm was not empty. He had switched his phone off, turning it on when he managed to wake up to call either Namjoon or, the manager or, Seokjin. Manager Sejin had dropped in several times to check on him but, he did not remember any of it. He was sleeping like a log, dead to the world. He had left the hospital on the third day without getting himself discharged first. He took a cab and headed to the dorm wondering what Jimin and Jungkook were doing right then in Finland. He was missing out on all the fun. He returned to the dorm to the shock of a lot of people. His manager had scolded him and had rushed him inside, demanding to know what he was doing.

“Who discharged you?” His manager was angry. They were sitting in their living room.

“Uh.. No one? Am officially still a patient.”

“What? You left on your own?!”

“Yea..” He rubbed the back of his neck consciously. “Hyung, I-”

They heard their voices before they saw the Golden Maknae and Jimin enter.
“Oh my god, Taehyung!” They jumped on the boy sitting on the couch who slipped and fell down. He groaned loudly and started coughing.

“Oh, am so sorry, Taetae. Are you okay?” Both of them looked concerned.

“Yea”, he rasped, “am okay. Need some rest.”

“Sorry, hyung”, Jungkook said sheepishly. “Go rest. We can talk later.”

Both of them were turning to leave, when Taehyung realized what was wrong. “Wait!”

“What happened?”

“Why are you guys here? Aren’t you supposed to be in Europe?”

“You would know if you would answer our calls.” Jimin said darkly. “You just sent a ‘am fine. Will talk to you later’ to all of us.” He gave his best friend a withering look. “I don’t get why you treat your BFF like that.”

“May be you are not his BFF.” Jungkook snickered beside him.

“No, Jiminnie, I was-”

“Relax, Tae. Namjoon hyung explained it to me. I hope you are better now.” He was smiling. Taehyung always found it easy to smile at his friend.

“I am.”

“We are glad, hyung.” Jungkook gave a small smile and Taehyung couldn’t help but, coo at him.

“Aigoo. Our little Golden Maknae is glad that I am okay! It makes me glad too.”

Jungkook batted his hand away as he tried to ruffle his hair. Taehyung laughed loudly surprising himself. It had been so long since a smile, a laugh had been heart-felt.

“Let’s have lunch and then, you go sleep, okay?” Jimin hugged him tightly. “I was really scared that something might have happened to you.”

“What will happen to me, Jimin? I’m Kim Taehyung.” Jimin shoved him playfully and followed Jungkook to the kitchen. As soon as he disappeared from his sight, Taehyung turned around and hissed at his manager. “What are they doing here?”

“I was going to ask you that. What are you doing here? Yoongi cancelled the trip when Namjoon informed you were not coming.”

“But, why?!”

“You know Yoongi.” Manager shrugged his shoulders.

He went stomping to the kitchen. “Jiminnie, why are you guys here? You should have gone. It does not matter if I was in the hospital! I mean, I was sick and went back home. I was not well but, you guys are fine!”

Jimin left the white plastic box he was trying to pry open and glared at him. “So?”

“So, you should have gone. Actually, you can still go.” Another fit of coughing followed.

“Can you come along with us now?”

“No”, he replied immediately.

“Then, we are not going either.”

“But, Jimin, I have been restricted! By the doctor!!”

“It does not matter, Taetae. We are not going.”

“Actually, hyung,”, Jungkook came padding in and jumped on the counter edge. He was on one end of Taehyung’s chocolate pocky stick. He wiggled on the granite surface and sat comfortably. “Yoongi hyung was adamant that we do not leave without you.”

“Do you need me to talk to him?” At that, Jimin looked at him in surprise. “What?”

“You want to talk to Yoongi hyung?”, he asked cautiously.

He flapped his arms in the air, exasperated. “Yes. If he is the one who is -”

“Nobody is telling anybody anything. We agree with him on this. We are not going without you.”

“But, you paid for the entire trip, Kookie!”

“It’s refundable, hyung, relax. Though if you want to talk to Yoongi hyung, am sure he would love to be woken up now.”

Taehyung huffed as the other two boys snickered.

“You are still in hospital gown, Tae. Go change.” Jimin looked suspicious, his eyes narrowed. He looked down with a silent ‘oh’ and shuffled out of the kitchen and towards his room. He heard Jungkook shout ‘did you steal it from the hospital, hyung?’ He had every intention of changing his attire but, on seeing his bunk, he crawled into it and fell asleep. When he woke up, it was already dark and past six. Jungkook had left a sticky note on his pillow: We left your portion of the lunch in the fridge. Don’t wait for us for dinner. Gkuki <3

He yawned, stretching his arms. He wasn’t feeling very well. He couldn’t recall when he had eaten last. He didn’t want to miss his dinner too. He quickly changed into a pajama pair and went to the kitchen. He proceeded to rummage through the fridge. There was only a little amount of rice and fried vegetables. He remembered Jungkook mentioning Yoongi sleeping. He went to the rapper’s room to inspect and found him deep asleep. Smiling, he went back hoping to prepare something sufficient enough for both of them. He had no particular recipe in mind. Thinking was still a little difficult at the moment. It was like he was in the morpheme-induced state of fogginess in his mind. He chopped a decent amount various vegetables, chillies and various other assorted condiments he found stored in the cabinets. The rice was ready in an hour but, the mixed veg curry was still on the gas. The task wasn’t too hard. It was only a matter of chopping a few vegetables and keeping an eye on the pressure cooker and yet, he was feeling so drained out. He wiped the sweat on his forehead with the back of his hand. Doctor Kim had told him about the weakness that may follow the surgery but, he had been assured it would be temporary. Hanahaki took a toll on the people afflicted by it just like every other disease.

He rubbed his eyes and sighed and winced at the sting in his chest. He had to take the painkillers Namjoon had bought for him. The pressure cooker whistled. He bent down to pull the drawer open. Seokjin kept the rice bowl in there. The ladle he was holding fell on the floor. With a curse, he bent further to pick it up and remembered he had forgotten to put salt in the curry. . His head banged on the edge of the pulled-out drawer. He yelped. Taehyung rubbed his head gingerly and dropped the ladle again, this time inside the drawer and it clattered as it tumbled further inside bumping against the metals. He clutched his head in his hands as his head spun for a moment and accidentally, knocked a glass off the counter.

“Oh, darn it all!”

He slammed all the utensils off the counter with the sweep of one hand and growled.
“What’s wrong with me?!” His head felt so heavy.

He glanced towards the door once and sighed. He bent down to pick the thrown away utensils cursing himself at his own stupidity. He pulled them closer one by one, trying not to make any further noise not noticing the glass he had kicked out of the kitchen room by mistake. He heaved himself up still feeling groggy and tired. He was so out of it. He should have stayed back in the hospital. Whatever. He placed them back on the granite counter and leaned against the cool surface, it’s edge digging into his abdomen.

“Taehyung?”

He his heels, trying to stand straight and grinned. It was Yoongi. All pale skin and a boxer printed with his own chibi-version printed all over it. A fan’s gift. He gulped. He didn’t expect to see him this soon.

“Whatareyoudoinere?”

Taehyungs cocked his head. “Hyung?”

“Where is Namjoon?”

“Joonie hyung? He and Seokjin hyung went out for - for that show.” He couldn’t recall which show. Sejin had texted him the name. Taehyung bent yet again and pulled another drawer open and took out a knife. There was a new salt packet. He had to open it. “How was your sleep? I hope you weren’t too disturbed with the noise.” He gave Yoongi a sheepish smile.

“So.. It was you in the kitchen?”

“Yea. Sorry. I was a little distracted.” Yoongi frowned and sighed as he rubbed his eyes with the back of his left hand. “Do you wish to freshen up before dinner?”, Taehyung asked. “I’ll set up the table till then.”

“Huh? What’s the time?” Yoongi looked like a sleepy, adorable white bunny and felt nothing like the reason for which he had had so many sleepless nights.

“It’s 8: 30 pm.” He smiled again. Smiling was feeling so easy now.

“Oh.”

“Yup.” Yoongi was still standing there as Taehyung worked silently in the kitchen. He took out the cutlery out to the low-leveled table placed in the adjoining room. Yoongi started to help him. “I got this. You can freshen up. Am not sure it’ll taste nice once it gets cold.”

“You cooked dinner for us?”

“I cooked it just for the two of us. Namjoon and Jin hyung will have dinner outside. The rest of them are not coming tonight.”

“Even Jiminnie and Jungkook?”

“Yea. They were here for lunch. They went out for a late night show.” Jimin had texted him to let him know.

“Okay. What are you doing here though? Weren’t you supposed to come on Friday?”

Taehyung turned around and went back. He picked a bowl in each hand and composed his facial expression. He could not let the guilty face be seen. He went back out. “Didn’t feel like staying there for long”

“But, you might not get a chance -”

“It’s okay, hyung. I’ll meet them next week.” He knew Yoongi meant his chance of meeting his parents. As he hastily placed the bowls, he knocked off the glass again which Yoongi had probably picked up .

“I’ll come in ten minutes.” The grey-haired idol went to his room. Taehyung sighed in relief. He had not even begun lying and he was already feeling so burdened and guilty. He scrubbed his face, cursing his own luck. Why couldn’t they have just left? It would have been so much easier for him. He sat down and waited for the older member. Or, tried to wait. He dug into his food with enthusiasm. He had cooked after a long time and had managed it decently. He barely registered the boy of his now-dead dreams sit beside him as he scarfed his food down. He mumbled a “Sorry. Too hungry” and continued eating. He had planned on keeping Yoongi company. After all, this was among those rare moments of his with the latter since they first met, but, he was feeling so comfortable as he laid down next to the older boy as soon as he was done eating. He was going to shut his eyes for only five minutes till Yoongi was done too. Five minutes. Only five..

 

***

 

Taehyung woke up to his shoulders being brutally shaken. “WHAT? What? Who is getting murdered?!” He shouted as he sat bolt upright. Namjoon’s irritated glare came in his blurred vision. “No?” He plopped back.

“Taehyung, get up. You are not supposed to be here.”

“Five minutes, hyung.” He grumbled and closed his eyes.

“Doctor Kim strictly forbade you to be around Yoongi now. You should not have come.”

Taehyung opened his eyes. “Hyung..”

“No arguments. I have already talked to Bang PD. A van has been arranged for you. It’ll be reaching in another ten minutes. Get ready. Pack your bags.” He let Namjoon pull him and usher him inside their room. He helped him pack his bags. He did not bother changing and ran down the stairs as soon as the van had reached and hopped into the black vehicle. He was going home.

Oh no. He had to tell his parents.

Apparently, leader, Jin hyung and Bang PD had talked to his parents. When he reached home a few hours later, they were standing at the doorstep, his father in tears and his mother comforting him. He jumped out and ran to hug them in his group family hug style.

“Eomma, appa.” He missed his family. He was crying too. “I missed you.”

“Are you okay, son?” His father’s eyes were big with concern and looking at him the way he thought Yoongi often looked when he was worried about Jungkook or, Jimin. He shook his head, trying to dispel the thoughts. It wasn’t time for this.

“Are you not okay?” His mother looked so stricken and frail. He took her hand and kissed the wrinkled skin.

“No, Eomma. Am better than ever.” His parents smiled. This was what he lived for. His chest surged with happiness. He had chosen right. He wasn’t an adolescent giving too much importance to his first love.

“Let’s go in.” His father thumped his back and he whined. His mother’s laughter could still be heard in the driveway as they slipped in and he shut the door behind them.

 

***

 

He came back to Seoul two weeks later. He had an appointment with Dr. Kim Hakyeon. He had only one sitting left after that. According to the reports, he was progressing fast. He was happy.

When he entered the dorm, he found it empty just like he had expected. Everyone had gone out for a trip. One of their stops had included Daegu and he had met up with them. Yoongi had not turned up in that trip. Taehyung had stayed with them for a few hours. Jimin, Hoseok had fussed over him. Jungkook had been sitting silently and pulled Jimin whenever his best friend was hugging him tight and literally squeezing the breath out of him. The morpheme had long gone out of his system and the meds Namjoon had been instructed to buy for him were not painkillers but, medicines for prevention of infection and other such things. He was susceptible to a lot of air-borne diseases and talking or, any vocal activity drained his energy. Not to mention detrimental to his vocal-chord. He coughed out blood sometimes. He was glad he was at home the first two weeks right after the operation. He had screamed the first time on seeing the red rivulets in the bottle from which he had just been drinking. He had ended up in coughing out more blood. His mother had come running out of from wherever she had been and had looked at it and had called his father immediately who, instantly, called his doctor. His doctor called back on Taehyung’s number and his mother talked to him. He had not been scolded like that by his mother since his Primary School days like he had been then. Later, they began using weird actions to explain each other what they wanted. He had to remind his parents at times that they could talk. He was the only one who had to keep his mouth shut. One of his cousins who had dropped in to visit him, constantly, made fun of him. “Our Taetae cannot talk? How cruel” and would cackle. Taehyung would only scowl and fling his pillow at her. Oddly, his parents never brought up the cause of his disease.

 

He pushed his bag under the bunk in his room and headed out. The lights in the studio were on. He peered in through the glass. Yoongi’s head was bent, his nose stuck to the notepad he was scribbling in furiously. That man needed to give himself a break. He went right back to the dorms and searched through the cupboards in the kitchen. Where had the coffee ground jar disappeared to again? He ran down to the nearby convenience store waving and greeting everyone on his way down whom he had not met on his way up. He jogged back after buying three packets of Yoongi’s favourite brand. He made two cups and added two teaspoons sugar extra in one of them and gulped it down as the scalding hot liquid went down his throat. Yea, Yoongi hyung next.

He opened the door to the studio slowly and peeped in first. The composer was hard at work. He felt proud. He crept forwards slowly. Taking a deep breath, he placed one hand on his shoulders. Yoongi looked like he had not seen sun in days. Quite possibly. Yoongi glanced up.

“Figured you needed one.”

He removed the pen from the ink-stained fingers and replaced it with the mug. Taehyung smiled. Yoongi blinked and looked down at the steam rising from the cup and then, smiled back at him. “Thanks.”

“No problem, hyung.” He sat down on the rug on the floor. “What were you thinking about though? You were smiling.”

“That, ugh, coffee beans.”

Taehyung scratched the rug with his nails. “I see.” Not anything else? He wanted to know what made Yoongi smile when no one was around.

“What do you think of a rap based on coffee beans?” Yoongi’s voice was rough and deep. It was disconcerting to hear it after two weeks. None of the members had lived so long away from each other.

“Not on coffee?”

“Not on coffee. Coffee beans.”

“I think it’ll be nice.” Yoongi raised his eyebrows at him. “If nothing else, the farmers will really appreciate it.”, he explained.

Yoongi snorted at that and Taehyung grinned.

“Are you going back home or, .. ?”

“Nah. Am here now.”

Taehyung stayed in the studio as Yoongi worked studiously. He played on his phone. Texted his friends. He was going to meet up with Myungsoo and Minjae. Minjae’s parents were friends with his parents now and they got to know about his “ill health”. (His parents were to reveal to nobody under any condition the actual reason). He and Minjae were not really friends before unlike what they had portrayed on a variety show. When his phone’s battery was giving low battery alert, he switched it off and stretched on the little space available on the floor. He napped. He was sleeping a lot post-surgery, he mused, once he woke up. He was becoming Min Yoongi Part ii. He chuckled.

“What?”

“Huh?”

“What’s funny?”

“Uh, nothing. Do you want dinner?” Yoongi said no as was expected of him.

“Okay~~~” He singsonged and picked his phone from the rack next to him and left for the convenience store for a second time that day. He bought around ten packets of noodles. He dropped them on the granite counter and pulled out a pan and some bowls from the drawers. He opened two packets and dumped the noddles on the pan and placed the salt bottle right in front of his eyes. He wasn’t going to forget it this time. He added red pepper powder, gochujang, and minced garlic, along with vinegar and sugar. He mixed them thoroughly. Taehyung had to go through all the cabinets before he could recall where the sesame oil bottle was. Once done preparing the cold noodle dish, he started on mung bean sprout cucumber salad. Completing the dinner preparation, he divided the total content of the pan into two equal halves in two bowls. He boiled two eggs and placed one each in the two bowls and clicked pictures of them. He forwarded the images to his parents, Seokjin and his friends. He tipped the bowl of salad and put almost three quarters into his bibim guksu.

“Oops.”

He quickly kept the salad in the fridge. Picking a spoon from the rack, he mixed the contents of his share. He sat up on the counter and ate. Taehyung wanted to wait for Yoongi. He knew the other boy would come looking for food in the middle of the night but, he could no longer stay hungry. He had already missed his lunch doing so. He was famished. Afterwards, he washed the dishes. He placed Yoongi’s portion of the guksu in the microwave. He fished out the post-it notepad and a marker from the clutter in the living room racks. Scrawling on it, he stuck it on top of the microwave. He dropped the notepad and the marker next to it and switched off the kitchen lights and went back to his room. He was sleepy. He stretched his arms and yawned.

He was just seconds away from falling asleep when he realized his phone’s battery was dying when he had been about to nap but, it had full battery when he had been texting.

 

***

 

When he woke up and walked towards the bathroom, he found Yoongi sleeping on the floor.

“Crazy.”

He shook his head fondly.

He waited for three hours. He washed the dishes Yoongi had predictably used in the early morning. He went down to the store and bought chicken, juice and bread. He prepared sandwiches enough for three people. He ordered and re-ordered the way the sandwiches could be organised. He split the number and put them in two different plates. He made rows. He made columns. He made towers out of them and played jenga. He texted his friends with random facts. Myungsoo sent a ‘ off’ and Minjae with a “Hyung, are you filming or, what?” He stuck his tongue at them knowing they won’t be able to see the silly gesture. He huffed.

He traipsed to the living room and sat as soundlessly as possible.

“It feels so odd, hyung.” He whispered. “When I wanted to spend some time with you, have some alone time with you, you were never there. This was never there. I just wanted only a little bit of acceptance. Only a little bit of that love, the same love you show Hobi hyung and Jungkook. Not even the one you shower on Jimin or, the respect you give Namjoon or, Seokjin hyung.” He pulled his legs up and crossed them. “Why did I love you, hyung? I know, it’s not your duty to return the feelings. But,” he laughed bitterly, “you didn’t even love me a little bit. My Hanahaki was withered.” His eyes were smarting at the corners. He didn’t want to spill anymore tears because of this. “It wasn’t just the daffodils which in itself is for unrequited, hyung. My flower was already formed, did you know?” Tears made it hard to see Yoongi’s sleeping figure on the floor. “It was just short of blooming. Only God knows had I slept in that day like everyone else had and not accompanied Joonie hyung to see Hobi hyung off.. I.. That would have been my last. In my bunk. In this dorm. Fitting end, huh? You guys would have found out though.” Tears streamed down his eyes. “You would have probably shifted the dorms and left. Everyone would have cried so much. You guys. ARMY. My family. You would have seen this as your fault but, would you have cried for me? The way Gkuki would? The way my parents did when I went back home? Perhaps, even Bang PD would have cried more.” He wiped his tears away furiously. “My parents told me to stay away from you. Joon and Jin hyung said so too. Even the doctor. I think, he lost someone to Hanahaki. He looks so sad sometimes while talking about it. Jimin had warned me. To not fan my crazy addiction of you. It would not be good news.” He climbed off the couch and kneeled next to the sleeping figure. “I don’t regret knowing you but, may be, I regret falling in love with you. I just have one more appointment at the hospital. Then, I’ll be done. I’ll be free.” He watched the teardrop that slipped out of his eyes fall on Yoongi’s pale cheek and slide down it. He tugged at the yellow post-it note which had been peeking out of Yoongi’s pocket. He brushed his thumb across the faded writing. ‘guksu in here n salad in fridge. Happy eating ^^’. He crumpled it in his grip. “Why would you keep this, hyung? You should have thrown it like you always would have.” He leaned forwards. “Am sorry. I shouldn’t be doing this”, he kissed Yoongi on the corner of his lips. “but, I need my kiss back. I need my time back. I want my love back. I want my heart back.” Fresh tears fell. “I want them all back. I need them back.” Yoongi suddenly turned over, facing him, his eyes fluttering. As if electrocuted, the singer fell back. Yoongi nuzzled against his feet. Taehyung got up and ran out of the living room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter