You're not a caterpillar

The Eyes (Brought Me To You)

A whole week and a ruined and shredded pride later, Kim Sunggyu finally and begrudgingly conceded to the voice of his heart. It was tough to acknowledge but Kim Sunggyu had ing missed Nam Woohyun. But no, it wasn’t because the said male had annoyingly disappeared on him again. Contrary to that, the other had been very insistent in sticking to his side like glue and Sunggyu had honestly and quietly enjoyed the company. So no, it wasn’t because of that.

It was safe to say that Kim Sunggyu was only being the best friend that he always was and had avoided Nam Woohyun instead. Well, Sunggyu would like to think that he was in fact, a loyal best friend and he knew that currently, Lee Sungyeol didn’t exactly need all of those unnecessary heartaches more than he already had so Sunggyu had only done what he deemed needed to— he had stayed away from Woohyun.

“Gyu-hyung!” Woohyun had once waved just a few days after the whole ordeal, expression bright as ever as he had motioned the elder to take the seat besides him. And Sunggyu would’ve really beamed back at the male, would’ve gladly sat down at the pointed seat— if only his eyes hadn’t caught another silhouette on Woohyun’s other side.

Kim ing Myungsoo, Sunggyu had almost wanted to groan as soon as he had seen him. Rolling his eyes annoyed with an obviously loud grunt, the elder quickly grabbed Sungyeol’s wrist and trudged away—looking for a different vacant table.

“Gyu, I’m really fine. We can just sit with them—“

“No, you’re ing not fine, Sungyeol. And even if you were, which I know you’re not, I freaking don’t want to sit with a prick like him, so no. We’re not sitting with them. Now shut up and help me find a table.” Sunggyu had almost hissed then, his grip tightening just a little.

“Ah, there’s Mark and Jinyoung. Let’s just join them.” Sunggyu said, authoritative—not taking a ‘no’ for an answer as Sungyeol had only so very quietly complied.

 

 

Sunggyu hadn’t recalled any situation that could be responsible for the sudden air of tension between both Sungyeol and Myungsoo, but he at least had a working brain to figure out that the change was only there a day after they had done their stage.

There weren’t many words that could describe the stage their friends had performed that day, but Sunggyu was certain that one of them would be ing amazing—okay make it two words. But no, he wasn’t only saying that because he was their friend and he might just be a little biased—maybe too biased, whom was he kidding?—but Sunggyu was entirely convinced that his biasness had rooted from a good, solid ground when both their friends had legitimately blown every brains in the hall away if the gaping mouths were of any indication.

Undeniably, the whole university had always been in love with Myungsoo’s acting, the way he portrayed his character, the intensity of his eyes, the complex martial art tricking—everyone had always loved the actor and his multiple talents; and they could only admire him even more when the red curtain had slid close and they were all gawking at the unexpected ending.

What they hadn’t expected was to see Lee Sungyeol having almost the same intensity when it had came down to their acting skills. The way Sungyeol had acted his character out, purely violent, ridiculously psychotic and heavily scarred—he had all but left the audience breathless when he had pierced himself with his own sword just to drag Myungsoo’s character along and delivered the striking line “if I can’t have it, so can’t you”.

There had been a brief, stunned silence when they were all still trying to process how twisted yet realistic the ending had been, before the audience had rewarded them with a standing ovation, whistling and yelling how amazing the performance had been.

Sunggyu couldn’t feel any more prouder when he had watched how his friends and their crews had relished in the short bliss, how they had held each other’s hands and bowing their gratitude together, had all but turned to beam at each other showing how pleased they were with the successful stage. Jihun, Sunggyu noticed, had especially beamed the brightest when he had caught the silhouette of a certain someone on a wheelchair, clapping his hands proudly before the said male had spread his arms open to receive Jihun’s warmest hug.

Kim Sunggyu had to smile at that, relief inanimately spreading through him when he had seen Seungjun’s fingers rising to pinch on Jihun’s cheeks. Seungjun was okay, maybe a broken leg and some horrible bruises elsewhere but he was otherwise looking fine—and that was all Sunggyu needed to release him from the guilt that had slowly been eating him ever since. Still at the end of the day, Sunggyu thought nothing had gone particularly wrong so he could only safely assume that their sudden strain hadn’t originated from back then.

So he tried to recall their extra practices prior to the day of the stage, but he just couldn’t pinpoint if there had been a time that both Sungyeol and Myungsoo hadn’t gotten along. Both Sunggyu and Woohyun had been hanging out at the practices, had waited until their practices were done before they would go pick something up to eat. Sunggyu would’ve been pretty dense and a pretty bad friend if he hadn’t noticed anything at all. So that’s why, if there had been some sort of tension between them by then, Sunggyu surely would’ve known.

It was only until a few days later when the elder had finally noticed, and even more so convinced of their strained friendship because apparently— Myungsoo had been making it a point to avoid Sungyeol and had done his very best to avoid just all of them in general just so he could be more subtle about it. Sungyeol had been depressed, but Sunggyu thought it wasn’t his place to meddle and so had only hoped that whatever problem they had would eventually resolve with passing time.

Only— it never really did.

Sunggyu even dared to say that the situation had possibly taken to a worse turn when Sungyeol had brilliantly cornered Myungsoo in an attempt to mend or sort out whatever their problem was a few days later. But it probably wasn’t the best course of event when the supposed discussion had somehow turned into a heated argument, which had ended with Myungsoo storming off and Sungyeol breaking his endless tear dam.

“Okay, this. Sungyeol, you’re sleeping at my place today. I’m going to get you drunk tonight.” Sunggyu had brashly exclaimed after that, was a little more than pissed off because he was confused and he just needed to find out what the heck was going on between those two.

So when Sungyeol had splayed out on the mattress, cheeks red in a tipsy spell and nose disgustingly dripping with mucus, Sunggyu was oddly satisfied.

“I wash shoooo shtupidh!” was what Sungyeol had slurred once he was drunk out of his mind. Sunggyu knew that it might’ve been a bad decision to get the long-limbed male this sloshed but the only way he could find out the truth was by inducing a drunk Sungyeol. A drunk Sungyeol had always been an honest Sungyeol, if not a little too honest that he had even gotten into troubles sometimes—especially that one time when Sunggyu had to bail him out of lock-up.

“Aren’t you always?” Sunggyu snorted at him then, only taking a small sip of the alcohol, wanted to excuse himself from the brutality of a hangover because he definitely didn’t want to go through Mr. Park’s class with a severe headache that could rip through his brain. No, that would be suicidal.

“I am!” Sungyeol had pouted and his eyes shut close. “But I wash jush too shtupidh thish timeeeee!” He garbled on. Sunggyu could only wince when his friend had suddenly sneezed and sputtered his mucus all over before he had reached out for some tissues and wiped them away.

“So, what did you do that was ‘sho shtupidh’?” Sunggyu thought that he might just as well went along with his friend’s drunken talk, although he hadn’t exactly expected to find Sungyeol suddenly giggling out of his wits, his loose fists hovering over his lower lips when he had all but thrown a very suggestive look at the sober male. Sunggyu’s eyes had only grown larger at that.

“ing—yah, Lee Sungyeol! Don’t tell me you ing the guy?!” He had screeched, gasping because bloody hell! He didn’t really do that, did he?

“Nuuuuuu!” Sungyeol had giggled again after that and Sunggyu thought that it would have been a funny scene if only he wasn’t the one Sungyeol was giggling to. “I kissed him! On the lips! And they were shoooo shoft!” Sungyeol let on, flopped his body unto the mattress before flailing around like a freaking fan girl. Sunggyu inevitably huffed out the breath that he wasn’t even aware he’d been holding at the revelation.

“Oh, that’s it? I thought you him. I was just about to shove you to jail just because you’re so ing annoying when you’re drunk.” Sunggyu said, smacking his friend’s head playfully before he continued.

“And so what’s the big deal? Okay, you kissed him. But you’ve done same, if not grosser things to him. You ing threatened to eat his face during his practice in front of his whole crew. And that didn’t affect your friendship with him at all before this. So something else must’ve happened. Something way worse than just a simple peck.”

Sungyeol’s giggle suddenly mellowed down before he was already pouting again.

“I only kissed him a little!” He had whined before flailing his legs all over—almost kicking Sunggyu in the chin.

“Lee Sungyeol.” The elder narrowed his eyes at the splayed male, voice stern.

“Oke, fineeeeee. I maybe kinda d his assh too.” He finally confessed.

“His what?!” Sunggyu’s jaws dropped.

“Assh!” Sungyeol had claimed once again with a very naughty grin before smacking his own .

“Wha—“ The elder male was more than speechless then, but Sungyeol hadn’t noticed the state of shock Sunggyu had been in when he had gladly rambled on.

“And Gyuuuuu! Lishen to meeee! After that, he pushed me away and, and he stepped on my baby juniorrrrrrr!” The long-limbed male pouted a little and that had the elder scrunching his face because—

“Okay, TMI.” He commented, wincing.

“I wanted to apologisseeee. So I shtopped him. And I told him I wash shorry but he told me to off. But I don’t want to sho I shaid shorry again and again and again and I tried to shtop him from leaving. But then he flinched shoooo bad and made a vewyyy dishgushted look. Like I wash—I wash a caterpiwwar!” Sungyeol shoved his face into the mattress.

“But caterpillar is not disgusting?” Sunggyu sighed as he shifted closer to the younger male.

“It ish! Shoooo dishgushting like a cat!” He had muffled his voice against the fabric of the mattress.

“But I thought you said cat is cute?” Sungyeol shook his head.

“Nuuuu, not anymoweeeee!” He whined.

“So is that the reason you guys have been avoiding each other?”

Sungyeol shook his head again. “I’m avoiding Myungshoo becaushe I know he doesn’t want to shee me. I’m dishgushting.” His voice was already fading then, a sign Sunggyu remembered that the other male was near to passing out.

“Lee Sungyeol, you’re not disgusting.” Still, he had tried to convince.

“But I ammmmmm. I’m dishgushtinggggg and I’m a caterpiwwar that looks like a cat and a chicken combineddddd!” Sunggyu scrunched his face at the image.

“Okay, well, that does sound disgusting.” He quietly commented, only because he knew that Sungyeol had totally passed out then, knew that the other wouldn’t hear him. Gently, Sunggyu pulled the blanket over his friend, tucking him in before he sighed a little.

“You’re not a caterpillar, Yeol.” The elder murmured before he too, had lay down on the bed by the other’s side and tried to let sleep wash over him. But the sleep just wouldn’t come when the soft snores of Sungyeol’s had kept him awake, not because they were disturbing his peace, but because they reminded Sunggyu of how wounded Sungyeol was.

The latter might have sounded pretty fine when he was drunk just a while ago, but Sunggyu had known better, had understood that the drunken talk was way more than just mere confession. After all, Lee Sungyeol wouldn’t let himself to get that drunk if he himself hadn’t wanted to. And that in it’s own was definitely saying a lot.

This time, Lee Sungyeol was genuinely hurt.

 

 

Yet Sunggyu still tried to understand. He tried not to be too biased to his own friend that he would put all the blame on Myungsoo. He knew that Sungyeol was at some point, at fault too—he wouldn’t deny that. So the elder had reasoned out to himself, had told himself that maybe Myungsoo just needed some time to sort things out.

And so the time he gave him, yet it hadn’t even been a week when Sunggyu thought waiting wasn’t worth the heartaches Myungsoo was putting Sungyeol in when the said male had blatantly rejected his friend’s attempt of reconciliation.

“What the , Myungsoo?” Sunggyu had hissed then, glaring at the expressionless male as he stood there, looking unabashed when Sungyeol’s face had looked nothing but crestfallen from the harsh word.

“What?” Myungsoo mumbled.

“Sungyeol was just asking you if you were okay. Do you have to be so ing rude about it?” The elder had growled while Sungyeol had only slumped back, Woohyun all the while looking a little more alarmed than before at Sunggyu’s snarl.

“What? I said I’m fine.” Myungsoo simply retorted.

“No, you ing said, and I quote, I’m ing fine!” Sunggyu was already borderline screaming then.

“So?” Myungsoo had even dared to retort. Woohyun was already tugging on Myungsoo’s arm when he had seen Sunggyu’s face flushing an even deeper shade of red.

“And ing isn’t exactly an okay word to be used when someone is genuinely asking you if you’re okay!”

“Well, you’ve been using that not-okay word ing so many times and that somehow makes it okay?!”

“Because I’m not the one who is ingly in love with you, you tard!”

“Sunggyu!”

. . . Sunggyu suddenly remembered the promise he had made with Sungyeol that morning after their drunken heart-to-heart talk, had promised that he wouldn’t tell a soul about Sungyeol’s confession when Sunggyu had forced it out of the said male, threatening with a “you better confess now or I’ll tell Myungsoo about it” before Sungyeol had finally conceded in a bout of panic.

“Y- Yeol. . .” The elder cursed under his breath, guilt gradually slipping in when he had seen the look Sungyeol had given him. The male had looked so very mortified.

“Wha—“ Myungsoo’s voice had clogged in his throat, eyes blinking slowly as he tried to process the new fact. Sungyeol casted the guy a brief glance, had seen the blank look on Myungsoo’s feature before he ran off, hadn’t wanted to see how disgusted his crush would have looked if he had waited even just a little more.

“Sungyeol!” Sunggyu had called out, but he hadn’t ran after him, had just stayed there, frozen and stunned because obviously, Kim Sunggyu had messed up.

“He loves me…?” Myungsoo had mumbled out briefly after that, still looking blank and clueless. Sunggyu was pretty sure that Myungsoo had only meant for them to be a whisper but he had still heard them and it had Sunggyu’s lips twitching in anger when he had turned back and growled at the other.

“Since I already ed this up for Sungyeol, might as well just this up even more right?” He began, startling both Myungsoo and Woohyun.

“You know, for someone whom was raised overseas pretty much half your life, you are unexpectedly just like all those homophobic douchebags that ruined my best friend’s life.”

“What?” Sunggyu scoffed.

“You might think that all these avoiding you’re doing is actually doing a favour for both of you but that, Kim Myungsoo! You don’t! You just don’t do that to someone whom has had his life thrown into just because he was born gay! You don’t do that to him and make him feel like he was in his past all over again! He ing don’t deserve this when he had changed so much and is nothing but a ball of sunshine now!”

“Wait, what do you mean?”

“You still don’t get it, do you? Then let me just summarise Lee Sungyeol’s life in one, brief sentence.”

“He almost ing died because some tards decided that being gay was disgusting and the world need to rid them from the surface. And you out of all, Myungsoo, are the worst tard ever because I’m sure you got the hint that he loves you, and you just had to behave just like all those ers. So please, if you’re going to avoid him, do a better job and don’t ever show your face in front of him again. You’re just a ing douchebag.”

If Sunggyu had stayed just for a bit longer though, he would’ve heard Myungsoo’s voice that came out soon after, would’ve seen the blank look that had morphed into something else.

“.”

The heated argument finally died down.

 

 

As such, the intense quarrel eventually faded into a cold war between them. Sungyeol had initially avoided Sunggyu too, had cooped himself up in his house until the latter had barrelled through his door with endless apologies and a promise to make up for his mistake. Several times Myungsoo had tried to initiate contact with Sungyeol but the latter had avoided this time and one time that Myungsoo had managed to corner Sungyeol, Sunggyu had conveniently been there to barricade the said male from the other.

On one hand, Sunggyu knew he shouldn’t be doing what he did when their friends could’ve reconciled over a very long and well-thought conversation but on the other hand, the former was just so damn pissed off and he just couldn’t bear to see Sungyeol’s heart break all over again if Myungsoo ever decided to say something stupid.

And then there’s also Woohyun— caught and torn about having to choose between his best friend and Kim Sunggyu. The latter had felt guilty for putting the said make in such a tight situation so he thought that he might as well just made the choice easier for the other when Sunggyu had decided to avoid both Woohyun and Myungsoo altogether. It hurt Woohyun no less but it probably caused less damage then he would have if ever he made the decision himself.

So when Sunggyu had inevitably found a certain brown-haired male at the doorstep of his house one night, his heart had impossibly leapt almost out of his chest, his stomach flipping into several somersaults as he unattractively gaped at the said boy.

“How did you find my house?” He managed to ask, a crease adorning his forehead as he took in the sight of the younger—drenched.

“Hi, hyung.” Woohyun had however grinned instead. “Can I come in? It’s freezing cold.” He made it a point to rub on both of his arms, body slightly shivering.

“It’s raining and freaking 11 at night, Woohyun. Of course it’s freezing. Now just get in, you idiot stalker.” Sunggyu shook his head before he had stepped aside and swung the door wider. The younger gladly received the welcome and stepped in before he closed the door shut behind him.

“Hey, you hadn’t called me that in a long time.” He had pouted, although there was a hint of an amused smile ghosting over the jutted lips. Sunggyu had only rolled his eyes.

“Yes, thanks for reminding me again.” He took a step towards the stairs before he turned back. “I’ll just go get you a towel and a new set of clothes, so just stay put.” He said and sprinted up the plight of stairs. Just about two minutes later, he came down with a pile of clothes and shoved them into Woohyun’s hands.

“Here.” He said before he placed himself on the leather couch. “You can change in the toilet—just right at that corner.” He pointed to its direction. Woohyun sheepishly smiled and strode over.

“Thanks, Gyu hyung.” He thanked the member before disappearing behind the door. It hadn’t been long before Woohyun was already back in the living room, propping himself by Sunggyu’s side, their shoulders impossibly close and wet towel slung over.

“Why are you here?” The elder began, not bothering to glance at the other when his eyes had only gazed ahead towards the television—screening a late night show.

“Can’t I be here to see you?” Woohyun replied, leaning just slightly closer to Sunggyu before his head lowered into the elder’s shoulder. He waited briefly for Sunggyu to shake his head off but when the other had only answered his question before his shoulders had distinctly relaxed to his touch—Woohyun could only grin oddly pleased.

“Again, it’s freaking 11 at night, Woohyun. No one just came by just to see someone at this hour…” Sunggyu retorted, his hands were strangely rigid in his laps, probably hadn’t known where to place them especially that the other was incredibly pressed close to his side.

“Maybe I do.” Woohyun’s voice came out in a gentle whisper as his right hand searched for Sunggyu’s before he threaded their fingers together—a warm gesture that sent blood rushing to the apple of the elder’s cheeks as he returned the gesture.

“That’s—“ Nice, Sunggyu had thought but had only replied with a playful “—just creepy” after that. He could almost hear the pout in Woohyun’s words when he had later responded.

“But really, I just want to see you.” The younger sent a momentary squeeze to Sunggyu’s hand. The squeeze however, Sunggyu had thought, was a little too strong for it to just be a mere ‘I wanted to see you’ sort of feeling. It was firm and cold—and Sunggyu swore he had felt a faint tremble through their connected hands. He knew that it could’ve just been the weather, the rain, and the cold air, but if Sunggyu had ever learned anything from his recent, horrible experience—it was definitely to trust his own instinct.

“To the point that you would get yourself soaked wet in the middle of the night?” The elder questioned, had honestly hoped that Woohyun would say his thoughts—but of course he wouldn’t. Woohyun was still a box of mystery.

“… Yeah.” Sunggyu could hear the brief hesitation and he could only sighed inwardly before he squeezed Woohyun’s hand back.

“I have an inkling that you’re lying but fine.” He told the younger. I’ll wait for you, he thought.

“So, hyung, where’s your family?” Woohyun had asked instead, fixing his head’s position before he had propped his chin over Sunggyu’s shoulder. The latter snorted.

“Yah, stalker. Need I remind you again that—“

“—it’s freaking 11 at night?” Woohyun sheepishly had continued his sentence then, already grinning as he too began staring at the television’s screen.

“Yeah, that,” The elder had only quirked a smile before continuing. “They’re sleeping upstairs.” He kindly briefed before he felt the chin on his shoulder dipping deeper into his bone, probably Woohyun’s attempt to nod his head without levitating his head away.

“Were you too?” The younger probed back and it took Sunggyu’s a few seconds longer before he finally decided to tell.

“I wasn’t.”

“What were you doing then?”

“Nothing. Just lazing around down here and watch some stupid late night show.”

“Can’t sleep?” Woohyun began fiddling on Sunggyu’s fingers then. The latter let out an amused huff as he let himself marvel into the younger’s gentle touches.

“I wouldn’t be here if I did, Woohyun.” The said male had only chuckled at his answer.

“Touché.” He agreed before letting the silence cloak the space, both male cosily melding into each other’s warmth. An awesome late night performance by BTS later, Woohyun finally decided to fill in the silence.

 

“Hyung,” he called, Sunggyu only humming back in response.

“I’m sorry.” The unexpected apology immediately pulled Sunggyu’s attention back to the younger male from the television.

“What for?” He frowned, puzzled.

“For a lot of things,” Woohyun had vaguely answered instead.

“And which are…?” Sunggyu had asked back, taking a lot longer before his bubbling curiosity was finally quenched.

“… About Sungyeol.” Woohyun’s reply had Sunggyu’s frown digging deeper than intended then.

“It wasn’t your fault, Woohyun.” The elder had stated as a matter of fact.

“But Myungsoo is my best friend and he was being a bit—uh, I’m just… sorry about him.” Woohyun was stumbling with words and Sunggyu had only shaken his head, his soft locks caressing Woohyun’s cheeks as he did so.

“If you’re sorry because of what he did, then don’t. It doesn’t excuse what he did but I sort of understand where he’s coming from. And he’s your best friend, so of course you would be sticking to his side. I would honestly smack your huge head if you don’t.” He had rationalized, so when Woohyun hadn’t responded to his words, Sunggyu had to give the younger a convincing squeeze on their hands again.

“I know I’m still a little mad at him but—“ the elder began but when he failed to find the better way to word his thought out, he had blurted out instead— “Myungsoo’s straight right?” The abrupt question unsurprisingly startled the other male.

“Oh, uh, yeah… I guess.” Woohyun’s answer hadn’t been convincing but Sunggyu thought that was enough for then.

“It probably came as a shock when Sungyeol did all that.” The elder had used his free hand to gesture at the last words. Woohyun’s lips quirked up into an amused smile when he’d heard the elder.

“I honestly don’t know much about what happened. I just know that they kissed? I really don’t think it was much but maybe, Myungsoo was just surprised? Taken aback? I don’t know.” Sunggyu could feel Woohyun shrugging his shoulders as he spoke.

“Hey, it’s a kiss on the lips. I don’t think it would be a ‘not much’ kinda kiss for him now that I think about it. But yeah, that’s not the only reason Myungsoo had freaked out though.” Sunggyu had almost pouted then but when he had heard Woohyun’s unabashed snort in response, Sunggyu completely went into full pouting mode.

“What, it’s just on the lips. No big deal.” Woohyun countered playfully, fixing his head over Sunggyu’s shoulder, his face then directly pointing to the elder’s side profile.

“It is a big deal!” Sunggyu had whined. “I’ve never even had my first kiss yet!” He grumbled yet with another pout that had Woohyun grinning as he marvelled on the elder’s adorable whim.

“It is? But you kissed my cheek like you’re experienced!” Woohyun teased, still obnoxiously grinning.

“Oh my god, did you just—did you just bring that up?” Sunggyu’s face had flushed in deep, bright red when he had brought his free hand to hide the blush. “And it’s just a peck! It doesn’t count!” The smaller male retorted.

“Hyung, you’re old enough to get married and you haven’t even had your first kiss yet? So grandpa-ish.” Woohyun was already throwing him a frivolous, judging look.

“Yah, you brat! Like you were any better. I bet you don’t even know how to kiss!” Sunggyu had barked back, had taunted the younger although it hadn’t been his intention to.

“Oh, how would you know? You’ve never kissed me before and I’ve never kissed you too.” Woohyun wiggled his brows, obviously investing into his teasing mode.

“Excuse me, I’m a very dominant person. I kiss people, and not the other way round!”

“You sure about that? Because the blush you had the other day…“ Woohyun intentionally trailed his voice with round, knowing eyes.

“Oh god, can you please stop—“ Sunggyu’s blush had horribly darkened then, his hand already slipping out of Woohyun’s as he attempted to fan his heated face.

“A dominant person doesn’t really blush, hyung.” Woohyun reminded, even dared to chuckle at the elder.

“I’m not blushing!” Sunggyu had still tried to counter.

“Really, hyung? So what am I seeing now?” Woohyun had pestered with a cheeky grin when Sunggyu, to their pleasant mistake, had snapped his head towards Woohyun in angry bout, only to widen their eyes impossibly huge as they felt lips ghosting over lips, their breath were warmly melding together.

There had been a brief, dazed pause when they were still processing their close proximity, and Sunggyu was convinced that just a soft tug forward from either one of them would’ve slotted their lips together. But neither had given in to the pull, almost as if there had been a magnet in the small space between them, pulling them so very close to each other yet just not strong enough to finally let their lips meet.

“Hyung? Who’s that?” A familiar voice had jolted them awake from their dazed spell, had only realised their compromising position before they had scrambled away from each other, blood rushing rapidly under their skin.

“O-oh! Yugyeom!” Sunggyu stuttered before he casted Woohyun a fleeting, embarrassed look. “Um, just a friend. Why are you still up?” He blinked his eyes at his brother, barely recognising a blush similar to his own coloring Woohyun’s cheeks.

“I woke up to pee before I heard voices. You guys are really loud. What are you guys doing? Were you playing games?” Yugyeom had whined, rubbing the sleep off of his eye.

“Nothing!” His voice pitched a little too loud for the sleep boy. “Nothing at all, Yugyeom-ah. Go back to sleep.” He shooed the other away, had desperately prayed his brother would finally leave them alone and maybe they could finally fix the tension between them.

“You too, hyung. It’s already late.” Yugyeom nodded his head before he glanced at Woohyun. “Is your friend staying over? I can just sleep somewhere else if he is.” He kindly offered, taking both Sunggyu and Woohyun by surprise with the unexpected invitation.

“Huh? Oh, that. So umm, are you…?” Sunggyu braved himself to turn back towards Woohyun, was certain that the blush on his cheeks hadn’t exactly disappear yet. The younger had brashly shaken his head then, gulping down an inexistent lump in his throat before he rose up from the couch.

“N-no, I’ll just take my leave now. And, sorry for the noises, Yugyeom-ssi.” Woohyun slightly bowed his head, avoiding Sunggyu’s eyes.

“Are you sure you’re not gonna crash here? It’s already pretty late.” Yugyeom asked back, concerned. Woohyun had only curtly smiled at the youngest and nodded his head.

“I’m sure. Thanks anyway, Yugyeom-ssi.” He thanked him before he briefly glanced at Sunggyu, pointing to the door. “Uh, I’ll leave now. Could you…?” Woohyun didn’t complete his sentence when Sunggyu had quickly nodded his head and led the younger male to the entrance.

“Be careful, hyung!” Yugyeom had shouted a little before he disappeared back into his room. Sunggyu however had only avoided Woohyun’s gaze as the latter stood facing him just outside the house.

“Good night, hyung.” Woohyun had whispered and Sunggyu had wanted to bid the younger good night back when he had suddenly felt warm, soft lips gently touching the black locks over his forehead.

The elder had then snapped his head up in surprise, stunned frozen when Woohyun had smiled and waved a hand, leaving Sunggyu gaping at the door.

 

 

That night, Sunggyu had gone to bed with flushed cheeks and a striking smile, but the dream that visited him afterwards was far from petals and rainbows.

When he had woken up the next morning, all Sunggyu could retain was a man riding the storm, soaring as he left Sunggyu drowning in deep blue water with a whisper he could barely remember.

Kim Sunggyu choked himself awake.

 


Shorter chapter but at least a step up in Myungsoo and Sungyeol's dramatic life and another step up for our main characters.

Comments? :3 I'm deprived of love~