Chapter 5

Piece by Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica POV

Honestly, I’m here for the money. That’s it. And I’m going to do it, even if I fail, because I can’t go back home. Precisely, I don’t really want to go home. I can’t. And I don’t want to. Truth to be told, I’m actually here for two reasons: money, to support both of me and Krystal, and escape. Perhaps, I’m leaning towards the latter one. Escape from the source of my problem. Escape from him. The man who makes me feel ugly. The man who makes me feel abused and damaged. And I know, this is the only opportunity I can running away from him.

I was initially very shocked to be offered this job few weeks ago, especially to learn that this role is going to be very risky and eventually, will kill my entire life if I make a slight mistake. I’m not only going to be a replacement of Sooyeon, but at the same time I’ll also need to do my role as a double agent. Pretending she’s still alive and healthy. I completely aware of our identical resemblance. Physical.Voice. And it’s actually sending me a shiver to my body. It scares me to death. It scares me that I’m going to end up failing the expectation. The company, fans, rest of the members, Yuri…the ignorant . And I hate failing.

My first impression of Yuri was dead-on. I don’t know what’s been happening in her life, and who cares anyway. I even convinced myself that she’s going to be the last member I really want to befriended with. I don’t like her and she also doesn’t like me. That’s fine. We definitely have the uncommon mutual admiration. So, when Taeyeon told me that Yuri is going to help me by being my personal helper, I couldn’t care less. I don’t actually need her input for the majority of my daily activities in the group. And when we’re going to communicate, I will use a passive approach, while she’s going to be direct with me. I’m great at passive, and I prefer that way. That’s how I’ve lived most of my life. People surround me respond better when I’m passive. Yep. It’s so much better. Being passive and skeptical. So much better to protect yourself of getting hurt.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yuri POV

Apparently, Jessica is an avid fan of sticky notes.

I have just come back to the front stage because I left my phone after pressuring myself of helping her going through with some of our songs formation for our tonight’s showcase. It’s sitting on the far corner of the stage with a sticky note stuck on top of that screen that reads:

 

You left your phone. It’s dead. Charge it. Bye.

 

I’m not sure if I’m going to love or hate it. But I pretty sure hate it.

I stride towards the backstage and find Jessica’s having a chit chat with Tiffany. As I’m planning to return the sticky notes to her, Manager Oppa suddenly calls both of them to come out immediately to the stage. I’ve noticed she’s accidentally left her phone behind the couch.

I smirk triumphantly. As a direct person, I’ve resorted to equal opportunity sticky note torture. I turn the note over and write on the back:

 

I didn’t leave it. I just forgot to strap it back to my forehead. And it’s hibernating, not dead.Bye.

 

And I stick the note into her phone and leave.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jessica POV

I’m not somebody who easily gives compliments. And when I do, I know that person extremely does his or her job greatly. Or their attitudes amuse me. And I hate it to give Yuri credit for anything. But, there’s one thing endearing about her. It’s how much she cares a lot about her members’ wellbeing and also her family. Her brother. And apparently, Hyukjun is Yuri’s brother.

I have never realized Yuri until today that she calls Hyukjun every morning in the lobby as we make our way for breakfast.

Every. Single. Morning. I can’t help to eavesdrop. And what makes it more amusing is she calls her brother everyday to remind him of not forgetting to pay the girls’ bonuses by the end of the tour.

I couldn’t help but to chuckle while hearing it. It shows she is actually genuine and makes her less of an .

And another credit, I have to admit her sticky note replies are pretty witty. She definitely has a smartass sense of humor.

But, don’t get me wrong, I still don’t like her. She’s just more like a real person. That’s all.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jessica POV

Another concert is done. My ninth concerts in a row with SNSD. And it’s been fourteen days in total since Yuri has been appointed as my personal helper.

I’ve discovered that Yuri is fairly low maintenance – at least for me. I observe she has always worn a red/blue flannel shirt. Almost. Every. Single. Day. And I don’t care if it’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter