Chapter 10

Piece by Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica POV

 

Last night, I went to sleep with a smile on my face. And this morning, I also wake up with a smile on my face because I know yesterday wasn’t just a dream. Yuri’s lips on mine, her tongue claiming my mouth, and her toned body pressed against mine. They’re real. I’m psyched and my heart is beating fast just by recalling the feel of Yuri’s delicate fingers, tightly wrapped around my waist and the mark she left on mine. On my shameful body. And my fingers are shaken as I touch her mark on my lower neck, and feel it all over again. The swarm of butterflies have never left me. I can’t wait to meet Yuri again.

 

As I’ve just stepped out of my bedroom to have a shower, there’s a sticky note stuck on my door.

 

 

There’s a beef bone soup and rice on the dining table. Heat them up for one minute and they’re all be ready to be devoured :)

 

P.S: I wanted to see you badly so I barged into your room this morning. And guess what I found?A sleeping queen having her beauty sleep. And when I said beauty, I really meant it.

 

P.P.S: I still want to see you and I hope I can. Sadly, I’ll be coming home quite late tonight. Songs deadline are coming up soon, so I’ll need to stay over in SM to work my off.

 

 

I wanted to see you. I stand there holding Yuri’s sticky note, a big smile plastered on my face. I want to see her too. And the way she wrote the sticky note seemed so simple, but of course for me, it means so much more.

 

 

Yuri POV

 

It’s almost lunch time and I’m still stuck inside the recording room. Papers are scattered everywhere, line of cables are spread around from one sound engineering machine to other machine as I stand nearby the doorway of the spacious, dim studio with my Taylor strapping over my shoulder. Although my fingers are strumming down and up the guitar strings, yet my mind is drifting away – particularly, back to the dormitory and towards a certain brown-haired girl- and I wonder what she is doing at the moment while I’m stuck in here. Is she still sleeping? Has she eaten the food I prepared? Or maybe is she bored? I imagine she is. We don’t have many group activities this month as SM is focusing on sub-unit TTS and individual activities, before we’re gonna get busy with our new album. New album. Damn it, I’m pretty wretched and anxious about that. All I want to do right now is just going back to the dormitory, grab Jessica and then taking her hand as I envelope her in a warm hug and shower her with many kisses. I heave a wide grin while recalling our passionate kiss last night. Her lips and taste, my god… they are sweet and infectious. I want more of them. Nope, I actually need them. Need them like I need an oxygen to live. And, to feel like I can wrap around her petite body and breathe her scent, really makes me giddy and very happy.

 

Maybe, it is quite true.
Or it is actually very true.
That the seed of love has taken its root deeps inside me, and been freely growing and relentlessly nourishing.

 

“Quit pacing, you’re like a lost sheep,” Jae-won, SM recording director and my songwriting partner in crime, teasingly nags. I snort softly as I look up at him, who looks me back with a lopsided grin. What the heck with that silly grin, dude?

 

“What’s with that irritating smug of yours, Ahjussi Won?”I retort sarcastically, calling him with his least preferred nickname.

 

Jae-won raises an eyebrow as his smile slowly falters. I know he doesn’t like the way I called him just now, even though it slowly becomes a part of our terms of endearment.

 

“C’mon, I’m just joking, Sir.” I hiss and huff out a breath. This old-man is getting more sensitive nowadays. But, I’m still curious with his annoying smug. It’s rare to see him acting like a teaser, where in reality he’s rather a phlegmatic old man who’s known with expressionless façade. He must be up to something.

 

Jae-won finally smiles back. “You’ve just got a delivery sticky notes from your admirer, Yuri,” He says. His hand is palming a yellow sticky note and waving it in front me.

 

Sticky notes? My eyes widen and in a split second, I forcefully grab the sticky notes from Jae-won’s hand. There’s only one person who will use a sticky note as our normal form of communication, and I exactly know who she is.

 

 

I want to see you too, Yuri. Maybe I’m exaggerating, but I miss you. I need to see you.

Meet me at the building’s rooftop? I’ll wait for you :)

 

 

I can feel my innermost soul is leaping with joy and my heart beats harshly from the excitement of knowing I’ll see Jessica in a matter of minute.

 

“Thanks, Oppa Jae.”I smile happily at him, in which he replies me with a sarcastic hiss and humorless laugh in return. I quickly grab my stuff and walk out as fast as I can in my sneakers, but still not forgetting to salute Jae-won as a way to thank him. He gives me a weird look and I’m pretty sure he must’ve been thinking I’m pretty ecstatic than usual. Or maybe abnormal. But, I don’t care.

 

In fact, I don’t even freaking care if the world thinks I’m weird. I’ll tell them that there’s certain person who successfully makes me weird, even if they don’t ask.

 

 

Jessica POV

 

As I settle myself in the rooftop bench, my heart beating triple time, filled with nervousness and happiness that Yuri will join me in a matter of minute. Speaking about rooftop, I can’t help but to recall our time together back in the New Jersey. Similar atmosphere, but with a different panoramic view. My smile is widened as I reminisce everything; The head-up games, green-tea layered Ritz, and my first ever realization and denial that I’ve actually developed a feeling towards Yuri.

 

Or maybe, I didn’t realize that I’d already loved her for so long it seemed. Just by talking to her, getting to know her witty remark a little bit really makes that love seem silly, juvenile but incredible altogether. In fact, I’m gobsmacked! I wasn’t looking for anything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter