Chapter 4

Piece by Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV
 

“Jessica Jung.”

Everyone gasps. Silence fills the entire room. Our eyes, mine precisely, get even wider as the new member, makes her way into the room. She stands next to Boss Lee Soo Man, CEO Kim Young Min, Hyukjun and bows politely at them. I feel like having an instant cardiac arrest attack the moment I see that woman and my breath becomes extremely shortened by seconds. Just by looking towards that woman’s feature and outward appearance, it explains everything. I can’t think of anything straight right now rather than staring shockingly at her so much resemblance with her. No, I think so much is still an understatement. That woman could be just impossibly her. For a second, I’ve almost wanted to jump into that woman and hug her instantly, and telling her that miracle is indeed come true. That her body and soul are miraculously resurrected from death.

But, in a blink, I know my delusional miracle ain’t come true in reality. Because, her doppelganger, who’s currently standing nearby the doorway with eyes attention focused on the floor and obviously avoiding any eye-contact with us, is absolutely not my Warm Princess. Not her. I know it. And I have to keep telling my perturbed-erratic mind constantly to immediately leave the realm of purgatory into the state of reality.

How I wish the reality is not too harsh. At least, to me.

I didn’t realize that I must’ve been staring intently at that Jessica woman for a while. Or maybe too intense as the moment she makes an eye contact with me, her expressions flinched, then hastily, throws her head away to the side and doesn’t even dare to make any slightly move. Her stance tells me she’d rather be somewhere else but here. On top of that, she looks extremely tight and her expression breaths coldness, iciness, and it is not friendly at all. I bet she’d be a brilliant person to fill the role of the Ice Queen in Frozen.

Hyukjun clears his throat and we are all looking back at him. I intentionally give a warning and rather, unhappy look at him. He ignores me, and it just stirs my anger.

“Girls, I understand this is a very sudden announcement and all of you must be very shocked. There’s a reason why we made a decision by adding Jessica Jung to the group. One of them, is for SNSD fans, and another one, is netizens. We know it’s not possible to keep hiding the truth continuously and soon, they’ll find out. Everything that we decide, is always for the best of SNSD and fans”

I squint my eyes and look around at the girls. They all still look dumbfounded, so I turn back to Hyukjun. I’m obviously very unhappy and angry.

“Jessica Jung will be joining SNSD for the next tour in America. Obviously, she’s not going to perform all of SNSD songs due to lack of time, as well as, preparation. So, she’ll skip most of fast-beat songs with choreo, and will be only singing ballad songs. Please be cooperative to help Jessica throughout the tour and most importantly, welcome her as a part of SNSD.” The emphasis Hyukjun put on welcome and the way he’s looking at me tells me he will give me a warning if I treat her unwelcomely. And now, even though I’m pretty pissed off with Hyukjun because he’s kind of judging me, I have no choice but to remain quiet. At least, until we have a private talk.

Soon afterwards, Hyukjun dismisses the meeting. I wait until Boss Soo Man and CEO Young Min disappear from our sight. As soon as the duo walk out of the room, I stride towards Hyukjun and grab him to the balcony. Without wasting anymore time, I rip open the sliding door and shut it out loud. I don’t really care with all the startled expressions in the room who’re eyeing at us.

“Explain everything, Hyukjun.” I bark bitterly.

He’s shocked with how the way I addressed him. This is the second time in my life I addressed Hyukjun with his name. The first time was few years ago when I punched him of being a jerk. I was really mad at that time. And, today, I’m at the verge of exploding my wrath because he’s being jerk, again, by keeping everything hidden from me.

He opens his mouth to speak, but I beat him to it. I’m irate.

“You can’t freaking do this!” I voice out another bark with louder voice.

He’s quiet. Judging from his defenseless posture, I realize he actually appears to look defeated. His head hangs low and his shoulders weakened.

I look at him again. “Can you?”

He sighs heavily.”Yul…honestly I can’t really do anything much about it…” He pauses for few seconds, feeling rather hesitant to utter the next words.”I know… you’re going to disagree if I tell you about Jessica as Sooyeon’s replacement at the first place.”

Just by hearing her name, I feel bile rise in my throat and my chest tightened unbearably. I close my eyes to prevent tears that are stinging at the backs of my eyes.

“Yul…I’m sorry...” He’s trying to approach me but I hold up my palm in Hyukjun’s direction with my eyes still remain close.

“Yul…you can be mad at me. Or punch me again. But, please treat Jessica nicely and with respect despite every turbulence you’re currently facing now.”

I furrow my eyebrows as I open my eyes and huff sarcastically.” Why do you think I won’t treat her nicely, huh? Why?Do you actually like her?”

He shakes his head.” No, I don’t, Yul. I just want to protect you and won’t let you get into another trouble after hearing about your behavior in Japan.” His tone turns serious as he speaks out the last words.

Damn that psychotic creepy make-up girl!

“And I’m not actually lying about meeting up about your involvement in songwriting and music production for SNSD’s next album.”

It’s my turn to get quiet now. I slump into a deck chair and tuck into my pocket to grab my cigarette.

“We’ll see.” I reply as I’m huffing my cigarette in between my lips.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yuri POV

The last practice rehearsal before our first show tomorrow in Seattle with Jessica turns out really well, surprisingly. She absolutely can sing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter