Chapter 7

Maknae Musings

 

He knew, as he walked the streets of Seoul, that he must look ridiculous.

A big white bear was held in his arms tightly and a plastic bag was hanging from his shoulder, containing banana milk and snacks. The bear was much bigger than him and it was all he could do to see around the big animal so he didn't wander into people.

Several people laughed at the sight of him carrying the big white bear and most took pictures.

How much you want to bet that this is going on the internet?

It had, luckily, stopped raining and the bad weather was replaced with a somewhat clear, sunny sky.

He only ran into one person, thankfully, on his way and was extremely embarrassed when it turned out to be a member of one of the other groups, Changmin from the group TVXQ.

He quickly apologized to his hyung, the both of them laughing.

"I didn't expect to run into you today, "Changmin smiled. "…or your bear. "He added with a grin.

Jonghyun smiled.

"It's nice to see you again, hyung. "

Changmin smiled.

"Where are you going?" He asked, walking with Jonghyun as he made his way to the hospital.

Jonghyun peered over at him from the bear.

"To the hospital…"He said quietly.

Changmin's eyes widened.

"Why? What happened?"

Jonghyun understood his hyung's confusion. Their manager hadn't told the rest of the groups yet and had attempted to keep the news from spreading outside the company, but word had gotten out through the internet and the papers. It seems that Changmin still hadn't heard about the incident.

He quietly explained to Changmin everything that happened as they walked.

As the story went on, Changmin's face became paler and paler and he lost his usual good energy.

"Ah man…i-it's a lot to take in…"

Jonghyun nodded sadly.

"Jonghyun…if there's anything you or the rest of your members need…don't hesitate to call, alright? "

Jonghyun nodded again, not able to face the look of pity on Changmin's face.

Changmin decided to try and change the subject quickly.

"What's with the bear?" He asked, and then he suddenly grinned. "Is it for your girlfriend?"

Jonghyun laughed, shaking his head.

"No! It's for-"He cut himself off quickly and swallowed past the lump that had risen to his throat.

"Taemin?" Changmin asked quietly.

Jonghyun nodded sadly.

A couple steps later, Jonghyun saw Changmin stop walking from the corner of his eye and he stopped as well, wondering why his elder had suddenly stopped walking.

"Hyung – umph! " Jonghyun's eyes widened when he, and the bear, were pulled into a hug.

I wasn't expecting that…

"It's going to be alright Jonghyun…we will all get through this together." Changmin whispered as Jonghyun hugged him back and buried his head in the older boy's shoulder.