Chapter 12

Maknae Musings

 

The weeks went by slowly.

Minho had been discharged from the hospital a week ago, his leg mending properly and his memory slowly returning as the other three SHINee members filled him in on every single detail and little story they could.

Key had even taken the time to show him every single concert that they had ever sung, which, after a while, got very old.

The company had told the public about the accident about three weeks after it occurred, giving Taemin’s brain some time to stabilize and begin to recover before reporters managed to sneak their way into his room one way or another.

The paparazzi had been horrible for days after words and fans had surrounded the hospital as soon as the news had been released, praying for Taemin to get better.

But their prayers didn’t help.

Because he didn’t get better – he got worse.

No one was sure why it all the sudden happened, but it did, and it shocked everyone, because he had been doing so well. So well in fact that they figured he would wake up in the next week or so.

Key blamed it on the media and Minho blamed it on the fact that the rest of the members where so stressed, with being back at work and at dealing with the thousands and thousands of fans that kept mobbing them as soon as they left their apartment every morning, begging for info about Taemin.

Onew and Jonghyun didn’t have an opinion on what had caused it, they were too distraught to care, because, the two of them, had been with Taemin every day, maybe for only a couple minutes, but they visited him constantly because Key was busy with photo shoots and his new musical and then Minho recovering more at home.

It seemed to hurt them more that he was doing badly, than it did the others, even though they were just as worried as they were.


Onew hummed a soft song to himself as he sat next to Taemin’s bed, his laptop sitting on his lap. He was watching dramas, something he hadn’t had the chance to do in a while.

“Who do you think she’s going to choose, Taemin? I think he’s cuter, personally.” Onew said, pointing to a guy on the screen. “…Wait…that sounded bad didn’t it? Err…I mean, he would be the best one for her…yeah.”

Onew glanced sidelong at Taemin and could have sworn that he saw a slight smile on his lips, but when he turned to look at the maknae again, he hadn’t moved.

“Huh…are you playing tricks on me? You evil maknae…”Onew clucked his tongue, shaking his head, smiling slightly.

“Evil maknae? Since when has Taemin taken my job?”

Onew jumped and looked up to see Super Junior’s Cho Kyuhyun standing in the doorway, grinning.

Onew smiled and bowed his head to the older boy.

“Kyuhyun-hyung! It’s nice to see you.”

Kyuhyun returned the smile and bowed back in turn, coming over and sitting gently on Taemin’s bed.

Onew noticed his gaze linger on Taemin, taking in all the equipment.

Kyuhyun’s eyes saddened immediately and Onew knew that he was thinking off his own accident back in 2007.

“I can’t believe that this happened to him. I wish –“

Kyuhyun paused and studied Taemin curiously.

“There’s something wrong.”

Onew whipped his head to face his maknae, and his eyes widened.

Taemin was completely still, he hadn’t moved a bit, but his breathing had become quick, almost panicked.

“Oh God!” Onew cried, getting up so quickly that his laptop crashed to the floor, shattering the glass. He didn’t care though. Taemin was much more important.

“HELP!” Kyuhyun started screaming for the nurses, while Onew tried to calm Taemin down.

“Shh, Taemin! It’s going to be okay! Please, calm down!”

Someone must have heard Kyuhyun’s screams for help, because at least two nurses came tearing in, their eyes wide, wondering what was happening.

“Help him!” Onew screamed at the nurses, who weren’t sure what to do because they both where fairly new here. Tears where streaming down Onew’s cheeks.

He wasn’t sure what was happening to Taemin. But he knew it wouldn’t be good.

After what seemed like hours but in reality was only a few minutes, a doctor came in the doorway, looking far too calm for the situation.

“Get the tranquilizer! Quick!” He yelled at the nurses.

Taemin was thrashing around now, so much so that he ripped the IV out of his arm, but still, even with the new found pain, the boy didn’t seem to wake up from whatever nightmare he was experiencing.

The maknae’s arm bleed furiously and his heart rate increased quicker and quicker each second.

“HELP HIM DAMNIT!” Onew screamed at the doctor, forgetting any manners and not realizing the fact that the doctor was trying his best. “Taemin! Taemin stop it! Please…”

“Jinki,” Kyuhyun took Onew into his arms and held him in a tight hug. “Please don’t yell. It’s going to be okay, I promise. I promise.”


Jonghyun, Key, and Minho barged into the room five minutes later, out of breathe and sweating. The worry on their faces made them look much older than they should have. Their eyes where bloodshot, already filling up with tears, just at the sight of the poor boy.

Taemin’s thrashing came to an almost abrupt stop as soon as the doctor sunk the needle through his skin, seconds after the remaining SHINee members entered the room.

“Onew hyung! What happened? What’s going on?” Key asked the sobbing Onew, who was still buried in Kyuhyun’s chest.

Seeing as he was getting no answer, Key turned to Kyuhyun instead, and as he opened his mouth to speak – it flat lined.

Taemin’s heart monitor made that solid, horrible, monotone sound that was hated by everyone everywhere.

Because it meant that Lee Taemin from SHINee…was dead.



 

 

 

 

Kekeke~ April fools! XD …I’m sorry…that wasn’t really a funny topic, or something I should be joking about, but I haven’t fooled anyone today T.T I didn’t want to have another fool-less April fools…ANYWAY, just that last part: “Jonghyun, Key, and Minho barraged into the room” is the April fooly part. Everything else is an actual update…Please don’t hate me XP Oh! I added Kyuhyun :3 Do you want to see more of him?? I love Kyu :3 I'll also put other Super Junior members in this story if possible, I already have the chapter with Donghae written somewhere :3 So for sure I'm putting him it.