Nine

My Leading Lady

When we got home, it was nearly eleven. We both took showers and headed to bed. She took the bed and I was sleeping on the ground again. However, tonight I couldn’t sleep. Our date kept replaying in my head. Sun Hwa’s smile kept replaying in my head. Her laughter kept playing in my head. Sun Hwa kept replaying in my head. No matter what I did, she was there.

“Jin Young,” Sun Hwa said.

“Hmm?”

“Good night.”

“Good night,” I replied.

I lied on my back and looked at the ceiling.

“Jin Young,” Sun Hwa said.

“Hmm?”

She looked down at me and smiled.

“Thanks for today. I had a good time.”

“You’re welcome. I did too,” I replied looking at her.

“Jin Young?”

“Hmm?”

“I love you.”

“Excuse me?”

“I love you.”

I sat up.

“What did you say?”

“Do I have to say it again?”

I shook my head.

She lied back down on the bed and held onto her bear.

My heart was beating fast from happiness. My palms were sweaty and I honestly didn’t know what to say or do. My mind was blank. I lied back down and smiled.

“I love you too,” I said.

She looked down at me again.

“What’s wrong,” I asked her.

She got out of bed and joined me on the ground.

“What are you doing,” I asked surprised.

She didn’t say anything but hugged me.

I looked down at her and smiled. I sat up and carried her.

“Jin Young, what are you doing?”

I lied her down on the bed and covered her with the blanket.

“Good night,” I said.

I kissed her on the forehead, but she wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me down.

“Sun Hwa, what are you doing,” I asked as I planted my hands on the pillows to prevent me from squishing her. “Let's sleep okay?”

I removed her hands from me, but she sat up and kissed me. Her eyes were closed, but I was shocked.

Does she really want to do this? She's testing my limits right now.

When she didn't let go, I closed my eyes and kissed her back. I let go of her hand and wrapped my arms around her petite body. She wrapped her arms around my neck again and I pushed her down to the bed.

 

When I awoke the next morning, I was sleeping near the edge of the bed. I turned my body and saw Sun Hwa sleeping at her edge of the bed with her back facing me.

Last night popped into my head and I smiled. We had our first night together as one. We slept on the same bed. We had our first real kiss. However, I counted it as our third kiss. I scooted closer to her and pulled her into my embrace. I kissed her temple and squeezed her.

“Mmm,” she mumbled.

I softly chuckled and turned her towards me. She was still deep in sleep. I held her in my arms and just lied there. I wanted this day to last forever. It was a good thing I took two days off of work.

“Jin Young,” Sun Hwa said in her morning voice.

“Yeah?”

“I'm hot,” she said pushing me away.

She went back to the edge of the bed and continued sleeping. I laughed at her for being so ridiculous and sat up. I'll just let her sleep then.

After washing up, I went to the kitchen and poured myself a bowl of cereal. As I was eating, my phone rang and I picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Jin Young,” Young Ji said her voice trembling.

“What's wrong?”

“Junsu, h… he.” She hiccuped.

“Slow down, Young Ji. Slowly tell me.”

“Junsu,” she said taking a deep breath. “He's in the hospital.”

“What?”

“He has cancer.”

“What!”

“The reason why he's been treating me so horribly was because he didn't want me to know about his sickness.”

“Young Ji, where are you?”

“The hospital.”

“Stay right there. I’m coming to you right now.”

I hung up and ran upstairs. I slowly opened my bedroom door and saw that Sun Hwa was still sleeping.

I walked over to the closet and took out the clothes that Sun Hwa bought me. I went to the bathroom to change. When I came back to my bedroom, I walked over to Sun Hwa. I kissed her on the forehead and left.

 

“Young Ji,” I called.

She was sitting at the waiting chairs. When she turned to me, her eyes were red and puffy.

I ran over to her and she stood up to hug me.

“Where’s Junsu,” I asked.

“He's having surgery.”

“Don't worry, he'll be fine.”

She broke the hug and sat down.

“How could he do this to me? Why didn't he tell me the truth? We could've fought through this together.”

“He just didn't want to hurt you,” I said sitting next to her. “Stay strong. If you don't then who will especially for him?”

She wiped her tears away.

After a few hours of waiting, the doctor finally came out and Young Ji ran over to him.

“How is he, doctor,” she asked.

“We need to transfer him to another surgery room.”

“What?”

They rolled Junsu out and Young Ji took a step to go to him, but I held onto her.

“It's best if we didn't get in their way for now,” I said.

She cried and watched as Junsu was rolled away from us.

We relocated to the other side of the hospital and waited for the doctor to come out again. While I waited with Young Ji, my phone rung.

“Sun Hwa, I'm sorry I forgot to call you,” I said.

“Where are you,” she asked.

“The hospital.”

“What?”

“Don't worry. Nothing happened to me. It's my friend. He's in surgery right now.”

“When did you leave?”

“This morning when you were still sleeping.”

“Why didn't you wake me up?”

“I didn't want to. Just stay at home. I'll be home soon.”

“Can't I come?”

“It's best if you stayed home.”

“Okay. Keep me updated.”

“I will. Young Ji and I are waiting for the doctor to come out.”

“You're with Young Ji?”

“My friend is her boyfriend. She's very worried for him.”

“Jin Young, he's going to be fine.”

“Thank you.”

We hung up.

When the doctor came out, he informed us that Junsu was okay. He made it and the cancer was removed. Young Ji’s face lightened and she asked the doctor if she could go see him. He granted her the wish and she ran inside. I followed behind.

Junsu had tubes going in and out of him. I felt sad for him, but he was okay now.

“Young Ji, you stay with Junsu. I'm going home. Sun Hwa is waiting for me,” I said.

She nodded her head. “Okay.”

“Everything's fine now so don't worry too much.”

She nodded her head.

I turned around and headed back home. When I entered the front door, Sun Hwa came running to me.

“How is he,” she asked.

I sighed and pulled her into my embrace.

“He’s fine. The cancer was removed.”

She hugged me back. “What a relief.”

“I was so scared. But I couldn't show it. Young Ji needed someone there who was strong.”

“You were strong. I'm proud of you.”

For the next few days, Sun Hwa and I packed food for them. We stayed and chatted and watched as Junsu slowly recovered. Young Ji was mad at him for keeping the secret from her, but she eventually forgave him. They were a happy couple again. I guess Young Ji and I were never meant to be. If we were, we would've been a couple even before Junsu came into the picture. But I'm happy right now. I'm glad that it wasn't Young Ji. Sun Hwa was the one for me. She makes my life complete. I loved her and will continue to love her until my last breath.

___________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Updated! I hope you guys like this it! ^^