Four

My Leading Lady

When I awoke this morning, it was 7:35. When I headed downstairs, the aroma of food was welcoming me. I headed to the kitchen and saw a table full of food waiting for me.

“You made all this,” I asked.

Sun Hwa was at the sink and turned around when she saw me. Instantly, her lips turned into a smile and she nodded her head.

“You had the time to make all this? What time did you wake up,” I asked.

She showed me her five fingers making me gasp.

“You woke up that early? You don't have to wake up that earlier to make me this. Honestly it's too much. We're going to have to eat this for lunch and dinner. There may be leftovers for tomorrow as well,” I said as I sat down at the table.

She nodded her head and came over to sit next to me.

“Something small and simple like milk and toast is fine. Next time don't go overboard like this okay?”

She nodded her head

I picked up the chopsticks in front of me and tasted the food that she made.

“Not bad,” I said. “It's a little bland though. Next time, make sure to add more salt.”

She showed me her phone.

‘I didn't know how to make this actually. I looked up recipes online and followed the directions.’

“You did a pretty good job for a beginner.”

She smiled.

“Did you eat?”

She shook her head.

“Eat with me then.”

She nodded and started to dig in as well.

“Do you like it? This is nothing like American food,” I said.

She nodded her head.

“I know this restaurant in town. It serves American food there. If you want to, I can take you there sometime.”

She shook her head and typed on her phone. ‘You don't have to. I want to get used to your food first.’

“Okay. Just tell me when you want to go and I'll take you.”

She smiled and nodded her head. She, then, placed her chopsticks down and went to get a lunch box. She sat it in front of me and typed. ‘Here's your lunch.’

“You didn't have to.”

‘I wanted to. I don't know if you're eating your meals. It's not healthy if you skip them.’

“Thank you.”

She nodded her head.

“I should get going now. I'm sorry I can't help you clean up,” I said after I ate.

She shook her head.

“I'll be back late today so don't wait for me.”

She pointed at the food.

“What is it?”

She typed on her phone and handed it to me. ‘How about dinner?’

“I'll make sure to eat dinner.”

‘Should I pack you something for dinner?’

“No. I'll just order takeout.” I grabbed the lunch box and headed out.

I looked at documents again. I went to meetings. And when lunch time came I opened the lunch box Sun Hwa packed for me. There was fried fish, hard boiled eggs, and mini carrots for me. At least she didn't go overboard with lunch. I picked up an egg and ate that first. Then the fish and finally the carrots. They were all very small in portions, but they filled me up. Actually, comparing this food to Young Ji’s, Young Ji’s was oiler than Sun Hwa’s. And frankly speaking, I’m not a big fan of oily foods.

When dinner came, my stomach was growling. I called my secretary and told her to get me a sandwich. Minutes later, she came in with a brown bag in her hand and placed the bag in front of me.

“Thank you,” I said.

“You never eat dinner. Is something wrong,” she asked me.

“No. I got hungry all of a sudden.”

“I noticed you even brought in lunch.”

“My wife made it for me. I didn't want to make her upset by not eating what she made me.”

“Ahh.” She slightly chuckled. “Your wife made it for you? When did you get married?”

“Technically we're not married. We're living together for now.”

“So she's your fiancee?”

“You can say that.”

“But you're already saying that she's your wife. You must really love her.”

I forced out a chuckle and she left.

Was she correct? Do I love Sun Hwa already? Why am I preferring her as my wife? And why did I eat the lunch she gave to me? I usually don't eat lunch. Sun Hwa told me exactly what Young Ji did, but without knowing I ate all of Sun Hwa’s lunch and I didn't even finish Young Ji’s.

When I got home, the house was quiet and cold. Sun Hwa was probably sleeping. I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge. She definitely ate what she made this morning for lunch and dinner.

I went upstairs and showered before I went to sleep.

The next morning, I awoke at 7:25. I put on my robe and went downstairs. Sun Hwa was nowhere in sight. Was she still sleeping? I guess I can just eat the leftovers like I said yesterday. I went to the fridge and took out the food Sun Hwa made. I heated everything up and as they were in the process of doing so I went to the bathroom and washed up. I came out still wearing my robe and headed to the kitchen. Sun Hwa was still not there. I set the table and hoped that she'd come downstairs so we could eat together. But no matter how long I waited she wasn't coming. I headed upstairs to her room.

“Sun Hwa?” I knocked on the door. “Sun Hwa?” I knocked on the door again. “Are you awake?” She doesn't answer. “I'm coming in.” I twisted the doorknob and opened the door. She was still sleeping. I walked in and observed the room. It was nice and clean. Actually, it was the same. She didn't touch anything, but the bed. Her luggage was in the corner. It was opened and her clothes were neatly folded.

Her back was towards me. “Sun Hwa,” I said shaking her. She didn't budge. “Han Sun Hwa.” She was sweating so I removed her blanket. “Han Sun Hwa.” I shook her again and she still didn't budge. “Han Sun Hwa.” I began to worry. I turned her towards me and touched her sweating head. She was heating up. “Han Sun Hwa!” Her eyes slowly opened. “Stay here okay. I'll go change and take you to the hospital.”

I left the room and headed to mine to change. When I was ready, I went back to Sun Hwa. Her eyes were closed again so I shook her up again.

“Can you get up?”

She shook her head. I sat down and helped her up. I held her in my arms and observed her. Her lips were dried and she was sweaty.

“Do you want water?”

She shook her head.

“I'll take you to the hospital.”

She nodded her head.

I carried her in my arms and headed outside. Her head was always against me. When I looked down, I felt so bad for her. She looked so small and fragile. I opened the passenger side of the car and gently set her in. I put on the seatbelt for her and hurried to the driver side. I got in, put on my seatbelt, and drove off.

I looked over at Sun Hwa and she was shivering. I turned the heat up and then took out my phone. I dialed one and put on my earpiece.

“Hello,” my secretary answered.

“It's me. I can't come into work today. I have an emergency.”

“You sound worried is everything alright.”

“My wife isn't feeling well so I'm taking her to the hospital.”

“Alright. I'll make sure to cancel your schedules for today.”

“Thank you.” I hung up and took the earpiece off.

I was boiling hot, but Sun Hwa was still shivering. I stepped on the gas and rushed to the hospital.

I was sitting outside waiting while the doctors were giving her a check up. My thumbs were twirling around and my heart was pounding. I hope she was okay. It's already been almost an hour since she went in. What's taking them so long? My phone suddenly rang and I answered it.

“Jin Young, what are you doing today,” Young Ji asked.

“Do you need something?”

“Last time, I said I'd give you an answer. I have my answer for you.”

Young Ji has her answer. The moment I've been waiting for was finally here.

“Jung Jin Young?”

I turned my head and saw the doctor. Sun Hwa!

“Young Ji, I'll talk to you later.” I hung up and walked over to the the doctor. “How is she?”

“She's fine now. She's caught the flu and needs a lot of rest. Has she been sleeping well lately?”

“I don't know. I get home pretty late from work and usually don't see her at all.”

“Okay. May I ask who you are to her?”

“Her husband.”

“I believe that she has insomnia and on top of that she's very stressed. Her pulse was very irregular. If we can get her to sleep and if we can take the stress away she'll get well very soon.”

“Okay.”

“I've prescribed her some medication. If you'll go downstairs to the pharmacy they'll give it to you. I'm prescribing her some medication so she can fall asleep at night. Of course it's best if she can sleep on her own. Once she can, she can stop eating the medication. I also prescribed her some flu medication as well. With the flu medication, she should make sure to eat plenty and drink plenty first before she takes it.”

“How many does she need to take?”

“Take two of the medication per day. One in the morning and one at night to help her flu go away. She should take two pills, with the other one, to help her insomnia, at night.”

“And where is she right now?”

“We gave her some flu medication. So she's a little drowsy. When she wakes up you guys can go home.”

“Thank you, doctor. May I go see her?”

“You may.”

I walked into her room and saw her sleeping peacefully at the bed. I walked over to her and sat down on the chair that was next to the bed. She looked better now. Her lips were less dry and she was getting color on her face again. She still looked so fragile. I sat and waited for her to wake up for almost an hour then this thought came to my head: she's going to get hungry when she wakes up right? I quietly got up and headed out. I went to the nearest shop that sold soups and ordered chicken soup. After waiting for a while, an hour and thirty minutes, my order was ready. They prepared it fresh which was why I liked coming here for soups. The wait was long but the results are amazing. I paid and thanked them before I headed back to the hospital. When I was still on the first floor, I went to the pharmacy and picked up the prescription. Then, I went to Sun Hwa’s room and she was already awake. I closed the door and quickly walked over to her.

“You're awake,” I said sitting down on the chair. “How are you feeling?”

She looked around.

“We're at the hospital if that's what you're wondering.”

At times like this, I wish she could speak.

“Are you hungry? I bought you chicken soup.”

She shook her head.

“Okay. I'll go tell the doctor that you're awake.”

I stood up to go, but she held my hand. I turned back and saw her shaking her head.

“Why not? Did they come already?”

She nodded her head.

“Then we can go home?”

She nodded her head.

“Let's go than. Are you ready?”

She nodded her head and sat up. I set the container down and helped her.

“Can you walk?”

She nodded her head and stood on her feet. When she was about to take a step, she lost her balance and I caught her.

“You can't properly walk yet. Let me go ask the doctors to get a wheelchair for you. Sit here and wait okay? I'll be right back.”

I helped her sit down and went to ask the nurses for a wheelchair. They agreed and helped me take her out to my car. I helped balance Sun Hwa into my car and thanked them before they left.

I walked to the drivers side. Before I put on my seatbelt and drove off, I reached over to put on Sun Hwa’s seatbelt. Her eyes were closed, but she wasn't asleep. She was just too tired to open them.

When we got home, I helped Sun Hwa out of the car. Her balance was still unstable so I carried her again. I left the container of soup on top of my car because I could come back and get it. I unlocked the front door and carried her to the couch. I lied her down and she immediately rolled into a ball. I hurried upstairs and got an extra blanket from the closet before I ran back downstairs and covered her with it.

“Sun Hwa, I'm going back to get the soup. I'll be right back.”

She nodded her head and I went outside to get the soup before I headed in again. I went into the kitchen and got out a bowl and spoon before I went back to the living room.

“Sun Hwa, you should eat something. You haven't ate all day.”

She shook her head.

“If you don't eat you're going to continue to be more sick.”

She pouted, but sat up anyway. I helped her lean on the back of the couch. Then, I poured some of the soup that I bought into the bowl and handed it to her. I realized that she was probably too weak to eat on her own so I took it back and started to feed her myself.

She shook her head and reached for the bowl, but I moved it away from her.

“You rest and I'll feed you okay?”

She ate the spoonful of chicken that I gave to her.

“This was freshly made so it's still very hot. When you get better, I'll take you there. This shop sells the most delicious soup. What do you call that? Tomato soup. They have that with grilled cheese too. If you want that I'll get it for you when you get better. How does that sound?”

She smiled and weakly nodded her head.

I gave her another spoonful and before I knew it, she ate all the soup in the bowl.

“I'll give you your medicine later on. For now, if you're tired, you should go to sleep.”

She nodded her head and lied back down. I fixed the blanket on her and cleaned up. After I put the bowl away into the cabinet, my phone rung.

“Young Ji, what is it?”

“Nothing. I was just wondering if everything was alright. You hung up so suddenly before.”

“Oh. Yeah. Everything's fine.”

“Are you working today? I went in and they said you were out for the whole day.”

“No I took the day off. Sun Hwa wasn't feeling well so I took her to the hospital instead.”

“Oh. Is she okay than?”

“She’s fine. If she takes her medication than she'll recover faster.”

“Of course. Make sure to give them to her. Speaking of her.” She paused.

“What is it?”

I went to sit at the dining table.

“I know it was your parents who told you to marry her and you only agreed because you felt like it was your duty to. However, will you, just this once, not do what your parents say and go with what you want?”

“I don't understand what you're trying to say.”

“You're not actually married to her. And you've told me countless times that you don't love her, so break off the marriage and come to me instead.”

I didn't say anything.

“I love you, Jung Jin Young.”

“Are you sure this is what you want? You won't regret letting go of Junsu?”

“I've thought about this long and hard. After sorting out my feelings and thinking about who has been there for me the most, you came out in my head. Junsu was part of my past. Will you be apart of my present and my future?”

The answer that I was waiting to hear finally came. It's like my dreams are coming true. My heart was beating so fast right now that I didn't know what to do.

“Well,” she asked.

“Definitely. Yes. Let's be happy together in the present and in the future.”

Fireworks and confetti was flying in mid air right now. What I've always wanted was now mine. Baek Young Ji was now mine. All mine.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Double update! I hope you all are enjoying this so far!

 

I want to thank everyone for stopping by to read this! Thank you for supporting me. I even want to thank my silent readers. Thank you! And thank you for my four subscribers: Juli8750 ///// blaqvixxonanna42 //// EunSun //// PinkBlossom_97. Thank you!! ^^

Image result for jung jin young gif

Thanks for stopping by!! ^^

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Gif not mine. Gif belongs to its rightful owner*