One

My Leading Lady

“I hereby declare: Jung Jin Young the next CEO of King’s Slumber.”

I stood up and everyone clapped their hands. I made my way up to the stage to accept the documents before I shook the former CEO’s hand.

He looked so proud of me. The smile on his face said it all. I'm taking over my father's hotel. The hotel that my father built with his own hands and made famous with time and sweat was now mine. I’m finally making my father proud of me.

 

[Two years later]

 

Ever since I took over the hotel, I've been busy. Meetings were scheduled one after another and when my employees were having problems, I'd go to the rescue. I never knew how fierce customers could get until I worked here. Never have I had a part time job, this was my first and last job that I was going to have. My parents gave me my allowances so I had no worry. Now that I took over father's job, I get my own money. So I have never had to deal with customers before. However, father taught me what I needed to know so I had no worries whatsoever.

Through my crazy and hectic schedules, I still made time for my friends. I made time for myself and time for me to relax. Today, after work, which was after midnight, I went out with my two best friends: Park Junsu and Baek Young Ji. They were both dating. Actually they've been dating since high school and haven't broken up since. I know it's wrong to say this, but actually I've been in love with Young Ji back in high school too. Actually, Young Ji and I were friends first. We did everything together until Junsu came. He was the new kid in school and we became friends because of Young Ji. She grew an interest in him and immediately we became friends. After that, they started dating and I became the third wheel.

 

“Jin Young!”

I looked around the bar and saw the both of them waving at me to go over to them. They were sitting at a booth. Junsu was wearing black skinny jeans with a white t shirt and Young Ji was wearing a white dress that hugged her body so well that she was like a queen.

“I'm sorry I'm late,” I said as I sat down. “There was bad traffic.”

“It's okay. As long as you made it,” Young Ji said smiling at me.

I looked away and swallowed my mouthful of saliva.

“What would you like to drink,” the waiter said standing in front of me.

“I'm good.”

“Are you sure? We have a special tonight. It’s only,”

“I'm sure. I'm driving tonight.”

The waiter walked away.

“Why did you dress like that,” Junsu asked eyeing my work suit.

“I came here after work. I didn’t have time to go home.”

“Stop it, Junsu. He looks fine,” Young Ji said.

“Thank you,” I replied to her.

“Young Ji, let’s go play some pool,” Junsu suggested.

“Okay. Let’s go. Come on Jin Young,” Young Ji said.

They both took their drinks and went to the open pool table. I trailed behind them.

“Who ever loses pays for the drinks,” Junsu said.

“Okay,” Young Ji said. “You better prepare your wallet,” she said.

“You in Jin Young?”

“Sure,” I replied

I picked up a pool stick and we started the game. At the end, I lost and paid for their drinks. So far, they’ve had three bottles altogether. Junsu had two and Young Ji had one. After a while, Junsu excuse himself to go to the bathroom leaving us alone.

“How’s work going lately,” Young Ji asked me.

“Fine. It’s really busy, especially with meetings one after another.”

“Do you want to go home than? You must be tired.”

“I’m fine. I want to stay a little longer.”

“You should go rest.”

“No. I want to have some free time with you guys.”

She smiled. “You’re so sweet. Which ever girl gets you as her boyfriend will be very lucky.”

I was happy and sad to hear her say that. Her smile was killer and she was the one that I loved. Honestly, I don’t think I can love anyone but her.

“Thank you.”

She grabbed her drink and took a big gulp down.

“You should stop drinking,” I suggested.

She shook her head.

“You were never a good drinker. It’s best if you stopped.”

“I want to drink my worries away,” she replied.

“What worries?”

She leaned into her hand as she planted her elbows onto the table.

“I have so much that drinking won’t even help,” she muttered.

“Tell me. Maybe I can help.”

She raised her head and looked around. I looked with her and noticed Junsu talking to another woman. At first I thought he was just helping them, but he put his arms around her and pulled her closer to him.

What is he doing? He usually isn’t like this.

Young Ji got up and walked over to them. I followed.

“Park Junsu,” Young Ji shouted.

“Young Ji,” Junsu said as he turned around. His hands were still around the unknown woman. “Let me introduce you to Seol Hwa.” He smiled at the lady and she smiled back.

“I don’t care what her name is! What is your arm doing around her?”

“I was just helping her. She lost her balance when I was walking by.”

Junsu was obviously lying. I didn’t know he was like this when he drinks. Does he do this too even when sober? Is this what Young Ji was trying to tell me?

“You always do this! Am I not enough for you?”

“Young Ji, that’s not it.” Junsu lets go of the woman and walked over to Young Ji before he put his hand around her.

“Stop! I can’t take this anymore. I’m done!”

“Young Ji.”

“We’re over, Park Junsu!” She pushed him and walked away.

“Young Ji!” He wanted to go after her, but I stopped him.

“It’s best if you left her alone for now. Talk to her when you both are sober,” I said.

“She is always like that when she drinks. I honestly can’t stand her. I thought she was okay at first, but the more we’ve stayed together the more flaws I see in her that I don’t like.”

“Junsu, you’re drunk. Please don’t say anything you don’t mean. Talk to her when you’re sober.”

“I am not drunk! She’s just overreacting.”

“Cool down. Go home and get some rest. I’ll make sure she gets home.”

I went after Young Ji and saw her sitting outside on the curb of the road.

“You okay,” I asked as I sat next to her.

“He’s such a jerk,” she softly cried out. “He’s always like that. It’s like I’m not enough for him. This isn’t the first time, Jin Young.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve caught him with another woman before. And when I say something to him he makes me the bad person. I honestly can’t take this anymore. I love him so much, but he’s hurt me so much.” She cried into her knees and I took her into my arms.

I felt so bad for her. I never knew Junsu was that kind of man. If I could travel back in time I would go back and confess to her first. I would make sure she was mine so I could treat her and give her so much more.

“Young Ji, don’t cry. Let me take you home,” I said.

She took a deep breath and wiped her tears away.

“Okay. Let’s go.” She picked up her purse and we headed to my car.

I drove her home and made sure she was tucked into bed, before I headed home. When I got home, I immediately started to strip. I’m always in my suit that I feel like my body can't breath. I went to turn on the shower and got in. After taking a shower, I changed into my pajamas and headed to bed. However, I just lied there. I didn’t go to sleep. Young Ji was on my mind. I was worrying about her. How could Junsu do this to her? Is he even a man?

 

My alarm rung this morning waking me up. I reached over to my nightstand and turned the alarm off before I snuggled back into my blankets. I should get up before I fall asleep again. I tossed the blanket off of my body and dragged myself up. I threw on my robe over my pajamas and headed into the bathroom before I headed downstairs to make myself a cup of coffee. After that I went into the living room and looked at the newspaper as I sipped on the coffee.

“You're finally awake.”

I turned my head and saw mom and dad walking towards me.

“Mom. Dad. What are you doing here,” I asked.

“We came this morning because we had something to tell you,” dad said.

“Did you use my spare key I hide in the rocks?”

“Yeah.” They both sat down next to me.

“Jin Young,” mom started. “You've done a great job with the hotel. We're proud that you took over and you're gaining more than ever. But it's time for you to settle down as well.”

“I told you, mom. I don't have anyone in mind right now. I don't want to get married.”

“We knew you were going to say that. That's why we've chosen your bride for you.”

“You what?”

“Don't worry. She's not a bad person. Actually, she's coming from the United States.”

“The United States? Will she understand a thing I'm saying?”

“Of course! I wouldn't marry you off to a complete stranger. She's the daughter of my best friend since grade school.”

“So I'm going to have to pick her up right?”

“Correct. Today at 1 at the airport.”

“How can I go when I have work?”

“You don't have to worry about a thing. Your father took care of that already.”

“I have about five hours left.”

“That's why we came so early to tell you. We want you to clean the house and make room in your bedroom so she can sleep after she comes here and unpack.”

“Mom, I really don't want to marry. If I do, I want to marry the person I love.”

“And that's Young Ji, I know that. But she's not the right one for you. If she was, you would've dated a long time ago. Listen to me, I'm only doing what's best for you.”

I didn't want to do as mom and dad said at all. I didn't want to marry someone I don't know and don't love, but I don't want to disappoint them either.

“Yes, mom.”

“Along with that, I want you to cook something for her to eat. When she gets here, she might be hungry.”

“Yes, mom. Are you two coming with me to pick her up?”

“Yes we are. We’ll drop you both off here and then leave after she settles in. After that, we hope you treat her well.”

“Yes, mom.”

They both left and I was also left but in despair. Is this really happening to me?

I got up and went to change before I started to make room for my future wife just like mom wanted. I fixed my bed and shoved my clothes that were hung up into one side of the closet leaving a big gap just for her. I then headed downstairs and looked around. Mom wanted me to clean, but I don’t see anything that needed to be cleaned. Everything was neat and tidy. I headed to the kitchen and did as mom requested. I started to cook lunch. As I did that, I also ate breakfast and after almost an hour and a half past I was done. After all that cleaning and cooking I still had two hours left. What am I going to do so these two hours will pass? I can go prepare another room for her instead. I will never sleep in the same bed with her. Mom and dad doesn’t have to know that though. I headed upstairs and got a room ready for her. It was two rooms down from mine. Actually, this was the guest room and I rarely have any guests so this wouldn’t matter at all. I laid out new blankets and pillows and brought in a lamp so she could have a small light for her to see. After all that, I did some waiting and the time was about here so I went to get ready.

 

“Let’s go,” I heard mom yelled.

I threw on my white blazer and headed downstairs.

“Ready,” I said.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: First update! I hope you all enjoyed! See you next time! ^^

 

Image result for jung jin young gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Gif not ine. Gif belongs to it's rghtful owner.*