Six

My Leading Lady

Later on the night, I felt a weight on me making me wake up. My eyes slowly opened and saw Sun Hwa trying to get off of me.

“Sun Hwa, what are you doing?”

She quickly got off of me.

“Hmm?” I sat up and waited for her to answer.

She put her hand on top of her stomach.

“Why didn't you turn on the light?”

She shook her head, and I went to turn on the lights.

“It's okay to turn on the lights. I won't say anything.”

She bowed her head down apologizing to me.

“It's okay. Go use the bathroom.”

She quickly got up and headed to the bathroom.

I didn't show her, but when she was lying down next to me, my heart was racing. Her body heat was radiating to me, and I swear I can still feel it. I lied back down, and her scent was lingering at the spot she was at. Does she put on perfume before she goes to bed? She came back in and went back into bed. She turned off the light and before I knew I was once again in dreamland.

The next day, Sun Hwa woke up early to make me breakfast. After I ate, I headed to work. While I was in the middle of reading a document, I noticed that I didn't have another document that I needed for today. I must've left it at home when I was on break. I put everything away and headed out.

“If anyone asks for me, tell them that I'll be back in an hour,” I told my secretary.

“Yes, sir.”

I went to the parking lot and into my car. I drove home and when I got home it was quite. What was Sun Hwa doing? What does she usually do when I was at work? I headed to my study room and there it was. The document. It was sitting on the table. I went to pick it up, and before I left, I looked around the house trying to find Sun Hwa. I looked in the kitchen, and she wasn't there. I looked in the backyard, and she wasn't there. Maybe she's up in her room. I headed up there and when I was about to knock on the door, I swear I heard talking. Maybe she's on the phone with someone.

“I actually don't know how I'm going to live with him, mom. Did you know he already has a girlfriend?” There was a pause. “I've tried everything. He doesn't see it.” Pause. “Okay. I'll do what I can. Okay. Bye, mom.”

She could speak this whole time? I've been lied to this whole time? What is she anyway?

The door opened and Sun Hwa saw me. Her eyes were big shocked.

“Were you speaking just now,” I asked.

“Jin Young, let me explain,” she said.

I turned my back and started to walk away.

“Jin Young!” She ran after me and took me by the arm. “Please listen to me first.”

“What? You suddenly have so much to say to me? What is it?”

“There's a reason why I said I couldn't talk.”

“Of course. You must have a reason. Unfortunately, I have to go back to work.”

I walked away leaving her there.

How could she do this to me? And to actually think that I was starting to get used to her.

I couldn't concentrate when I got back to work. The only thing that was on my mind was Sun Hwa. Why would she lie to me? What was the reason why she lied? I packed everything that was on my desk and headed out.

“Are you going somewhere,” my secretary asked me.

“I don't feel well so I'm going home.”

“Alright. I hope you feel better.”

I threw my suitcase on the passenger seat and drove home. I swerved through yellow lights and took every shortcut possible until I reached home. I closed the door behind me and immediately went to look for Sun Hwa. She was in the kitchen.

“Han Sun Hwa”

She turned around and look shocked when her eyes were set on me.

“Jin Young.”

“Explain to me why you lied to me. I couldn't take my mind off of it. I had to come early because of you.”

“Jin Young, I,” she paused.

“You what?”

“I only wanted to make sure that the person I was marrying would love me even if I had some flaws. I was starting to believe it, but I had my doubts too.”

“You lied to me because you wanted to know if I'd love you or not?”

“I'm sorry for what I did. I know I was wrong to do so.”

“You know. I actually thought that you were a pretty good woman. Even if you didn't know how to talk. I was getting used to it. I thought that I could actually live with you. That you would be a good wife towards me.”

“But you wanted to call off the marriage. You wanted to marry Young Ji instead. I didn't even know about your relationship until she spoke up. If you thought that I was your wife then why did you keep that from me?”

“That has nothing to do with you.”

“Than why does my lie have to pertain to you? If you thought that I was a good wife than you wouldn't even be in a relationship right now.”

“You said it was okay.”

“Words and actions are different. I said that it was okay, but on the inside I was hurt. Very badly. That's where I had my doubts. That's why I suggested us to tell your parents and break everything between the both of us off. I thought it was for the better if we went our separate ways. I was also hoping that we wouldn't meet each other anymore after this marriage was called off. You were never supposed to know that I could talk.”

“Are you telling me that it was my fault then?”

“I never said that.”

“But you indirectly said it.”

“Ahh!” She jumped and I ran over to her. The water was boiling and popping everywhere. I held onto her and put her behind me. I turned off the oven and removed the boiling pot to a cool burner.

“Are you okay?”

I turned her and saw a wet spot on her shirt. I quickly lifted it making her jump.

“What are you doing!”

“Removing that shirt from your skin or it'll continue to burn you.”

She held her shirt away from her back.

“Let me see.” I went to her back and lifted up her shirt. “There's a red spot, but you're not badly burned. Go change your shirt and come back down here.”

She didn't say anything else and left. When she came back I applied some ointment to her burn.

“Thank you,” she said.

She stood up and was ready to walk away.

“Han Sun Hwa.”

She stopped.

“I'm sorry for overreacting. It must've been hard for you. You're away from your family and living with a stranger. I would probably do something to see if that stranger would love me too or not.”

She turned around. “I'm sorry too. To be honest, if you really love Young Ji, I won't stand in your way. I'll give you your freedom.”

I felt like Young Ji now. I have to make my decision. I either have to pick Young Ji or Sun Hwa just like she had to chose between me and Junsu. How should I do this?

 

The day where I took Young Ji out was here. I left in the afternoon and picked her up at around one. As always, we did as she wanted which was: shopping. We went to the mall and she picked out clothes for her. As she was doing so, Sun Hwa came into my mind. If Sun Hwa were here, she'd probably pick out clothes for me. Since she wasn't Sun Hwa, Young Ji was picking out clothes for herself instead. She looked happy though and that's all that mattered. After we went shopping, we went to the circus. There, we played games and I won prizes for her. One was a big brown teddy bear and the others were smaller teddy bears.

“Jin Young, I'm getting hungry. Can we go eat?”

“Sure. Do you have a place in mind?”

“I want to try that new French restaurant that just opened.”

“Okay. Let's go.”

After we went out to eat, I sent her home. We were in her driveway.

“I had a really good time today,” she started.

“I'm glad you did.”

“Is it possible to do it again?”

“I'll have to look at my schedule first.”

“Okay. When you figure it out, call me.”

I nodded my head.

She closed her eyes and started to lean in towards me. Was she trying to kiss me? It looks like it. I did the same thing, but stopped myself.

“I should get going,” I said. “I'm tired.”

“Okay,” she replied. “Get some rest.”

I nodded and smiled.

“Bye,” she said waving to me.

“Bye.”

She took her stuffed animals and clothes and headed inside.

I took a deep breath and headed home myself. When I reached home, Sun Hwa was there to greet me.

“How was your date,” she asked me.

“It was fine.”

I headed upstairs to change my clothes. I noticed that, Sun Hwa still had her luggage filled with her clothes. Again, it was sitting at the corner of the room.

“Sun Hwa!” I called for her.

“Yes?” She'd reply back.

“Come here for a minute!”

I heard her running up the stairs and into my room.

“Yes,” she asked.

“How come you haven't unpacked yet?”

“Oh. Well, I figured that I won't be living here for long anyway so I don't see the reason why I should unpack.”

“You should unpack. Don't your clothes get wrinkled?”

“No. They're fine.”

“If you don't want to, I'll unpack for you.”

I walked over to the luggage and she ran after me.

“Jin Young, really you don't have to.”

“Please. What harm is unpacking going to do?”

I bended down and grabbed one of her shirts, but she took it from me.

“Sun Hwa.”

I reached over for the shirt, but she walked away from me so I followed.

“Sun Hwa, give it to me. I'll hang them up for you.”

“No. You don't have to.”

We fought for the shirt and before I knew it we tripped on the bed and fell down. She spoke, but I wasn't sure what she said. All I could hear right now was the sound of my heart beating. Sun Hwa looked so beautiful. She was like a goddess. I've never seen a woman so beautiful before in my life. Sun Hwa was the first and she was my wife. Mine. I looked down at her lips and I wanted to kiss her. They were right there teasing me.

“Jin Young, if you really want me to hang my clothes than I'll do it. Please get off of me.”

She started to squirm around, but I held her shoulders. I tilted my head to the side and kissed her softly. The first thing I noticed was her soft lips. She also smelled like apples. This was the smell that lingered next to me when we first slept in the same room. The smell was intoxicating, but in a good way. I wanted to hold her and kiss her some more. I never wanted to let go, but she pushed me and I fell on my .

“What are you doing,” she shouted. “How could you do this?”

I looked around and I was on the ground. My was stinging and my lips felt warm.

“I,”

“You what,” she asked after I paused.

“I don't know what I was thinking.”

“You're a jerk!”

She ran out of the room.

What was I thinking? I'm such an idiot.

After the incident, Sun Hwa started to avoid me. She wouldn't make me breakfast anymore, and she went back to sleep in the guest room. I guess she doesn't trust me anymore. What will I do so she can trust me again?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

A/N: Gasp! She can TALK and they KISSED.

 

I hope you guys enjoyed this update! ^^