Hugging Issues and Boa Constrictors

Fanboys' Guide to the Goddess' Heart

Chapter Seven: Hugging Issues and Boa Constrictors

 

Seohyun was considered the baby of SM Entertainment, even if she debuted far earlier than the recent girl groups. She was not the youngest anymore but they think she's too young to go out and have fun. Most of the time she hated being treated like one, but her unnies were nothing but stubborn. She was taller than Taeyeon unnie and Sunny unnie and more independent than Yoona unnie but her fellow artists seemed like they forgot the fact she's even more mature than Heechul oppa!

 

It was frustrating for the maknae of SNSD or Girls' Generation. She thought that having more idols who were younger and new to the KPop industry would make the unnies and oppas look after the rookies and conveniently forget she was even in the room.

 

It was a year ago when EXO was introduced to them as the upcoming rookie idol group, twelve young and passionate performers that she knew would make waves in the industry. Everyone was highly anticipating their debut stage. f(X) unnies wished them luck, same with TVXQ oppas. The other idols and trainees greeted the nervous EXO members before leaving the room, busy with last-minute preparations, until SNSD unnies and Super Junior oppas were the last ones left.

 

She knew her unnies—they're protective to a fault.

 

She was never left alone in the room with a male group.

 

And EXO was no exception.

 

But she grew close to Junmyeon oppa like a sister who adore her laidback older brother. She knew EXO's leader, not as much as she liked to but she's aware of what he likes and hates. For example, he hates getting picked on his height, a fact that she doesn't share with the midget guy. He hates pickled foods and absolutely adores sushi. He loves sweets and his privacy more than anything.

 

And recently, she found out that he's deathly afraid of the crazy antics s get into when they're in the presence of a certain 2ne1 visual.

 

But the maknae of SNSD knew there was something more to that. Junmyeon oppa was going out of his way to cover up their fanboy slips. And the hilarious part was that he's unaware that he's just the same as the other Sandara Park-fanboys, maybe even worse. She found that out when she caught their faces when Taeyang sunbae kissed Sandara Park-ssi on the cheeks.

 

Junmyeon oppa's face could not get any redder.

 

Seohyun had a good feeling that he's just using s' craziness as an excuse to spy—er, watch out for the obviously clueless Sandara Park.

 

She couldn't blame her paranoid brother for being wary of other guys approaching the beautiful idol.

 

Which is why she's afraid for his sanity.

 

And his abysmal attempt at playing spy.

 

"Eh, Junmyeon oppa?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Why are you lying on the floor?"

 

That did it.

 

"Oh? Me? Why, I’m being a good leader, that’s what! Chanyeol and Baekhyun are about to do something stupid to SHINee sunbaes and my Dara and I need to stop them before they burn the place down! Why are the gods punishing me? Did I start World War 3 in my past life? Or did I finally get the chance to have peace and order and this is the gods’ way of saying ‘Surprise! Joke’s on you!’?"

 

Seohyun blinked once. Twice. Thrice. "So, now she’s yours, oppa?”

 

The dark corner did not hide the reddening of his cheeks. “Yes—I mean no! No! Dara noona is not mine nor any stupid fanboy’s! Now, why don’t you be a good dongsaeng to your handsome oppa and peek at the bar.”

 

Seohyun peeked then looked back at the worried leader with raised eyebrows. “You’re spying on Onew oppa?”

 

He spluttered. "No! I'm not looking at Onew hyung! I—I’m gathering information!"

 

"But he just left with Kibum-ah--"

 

"Mwo? I have to go Seohyun-ie. Don't drink. Don't talk to any boys. And don't leave with any guy here!"

 

The guardian of EXO stood up, ruffled the hair of an indignant Seohyun, and ran away.

 

The evening was just starting and suffice to say, Suho was tired.

 

Kris’ birthday was so star-studded that he was left wondering how in the world did the duizhang got so many friends. Sure, SM artists like SNSD sunbaes and f (X) sunbaes are a given what with them being in the same company. SHINee and Super Junior (frenemy numbers one and three) were unfortunately anticipated but the sudden arrival of famous JYP artists like Miss A’s Min, and 2PM’s Wooyoung and Taecyeon didn’t go unnoticed by.

 

They usually meet JYP artists during award shows and backstage wanderings but they haven’t got the chance to even say more than respectful greetings from a hoobaenim to a sunbaenim.

 

The question of how someone as cold, unfeeling, and utterly cold as Wu Yifan got these top idols to come to his birthday was answered by a cackling Seungri sunbae.

 

Apparently, the so-called “friends” that the BigBang maknae indirectly invited for Kris also included Wooyoung and Taecyeon. Min, who admitted that she was a fan of EXO, was then invited by Taecyeon who was hoping for more Chinese idols she could connect with.

 

The guy had a connection in the KPop world that was big as his mouth.

 

For EXO, though, BigBang sunbaenims took the cake of being the most surprising, not to mention most troubling, horrifying, and anger-inducing of all non-SM artist arrival. That made the night more interesting.

 

What Suho realized is that the more interesting the situation is, the more stressed-out he becomes.

 

He was about to pour his champagne onto s’ heads for being too obvious at fanboying. But he turned a blind eye, both ears, and maybe his heart away from the heartbreaking scene of Taeyang sunbaenim kissing his noona and putting an arm around her like a boa constrictor.

 

That arm belonged in the Amazon forest, he argued.

 

Then his Oh-no-my-members-are-about-to-skewer-someone-to-death radar sent tingles up his spine and he turned so fast he got a whiplash. From the trouble radars that he had up his sleeves, and he had a hundred of them, he rarely went wrong.

 

Suho was fully convinced that he had failed to save the world several times from EXO. 

 

True to instincts, s had the weirdest expressions he had ever seen. He was almost glad that their manager was on the other side of the room, flirting with girls and dancing the Macarena with a drunk trainee.

 

Suho sent a warning glare at the troll. Those hands of his may not be as big as Chanyeol’s but those can wreak more havoc than his mouth, which is saying something.

 

His wallet’s weight was never the same again.

 

His attention turned back to the approaching girl and her entourage, dreading the chaos that would surely add more aging lines to his not-so-youthful face.

 

Luhan stared at the arms wrapped around his noona. He couldn’t help it, that arm wrapped around her waist was just asking him to grab Lay’s unicorn horn and stab it good. As if hearing his threats, Taeyang let go of Dara noona and smiled at her, gesturing at the waving Taecyeon by the bar.

 

It could’ve saved the BigBang vocalist if not for that parting kiss on her flaming cheeks!

 

That chinky-eyed bubblehead!

 

“Kris-ssi! Happy birthday! I really can’t speak in front crowds. I tend to stutter because of my shyness.”

 

Dara noona laughed softly as she stepped forward in front of a stunned Kris. The duizhang knew that she was arriving for his birthday. Heck, he owed Baekhyun a lot of eyeliners for putting his neck out just for him. He ignored the voice that was saying the Eyeliner Prince just did it so that Dara noona could grace them with her charming presence.

 

And graced them she did.

 

He knew that the 2ne1 visual was gorgeous to a level that only few idols could hope to reach. She’s the definition of what a visual should be: talented, charming, simple, beautiful. But what makes her different from other visuals was her quirkiness, boldness, vivaciousness, and humility.

 

As a recently-inducted fanboy of the YG princess, Chanyeol made sure that Kris knew everything about Sandara Park.

 

His sudden enthusiasm in testing all EXO members through written exams and practical examinations took half of their time back when they’re preparing for their album five months ago. He still had his test papers, two of which he failed miserably, hidden under his pillow. Chanyeol, who took the "teaching job" way too seriously, once threatened them with a failing grade if they won’t pass his final examinations.

 

A failing grade they could take but the refusal of granting them access to all his Dara-related videos, fanboy theories, photocopied posters, and limited edition of 2ne1 memorabilia was too much to take.

 

Kris stood up from his seat, bearing the weight of the intense stares/glares that he was getting. He was so nervous that Mandarin words came out from his mouth. “Xie-Xie ni, Dara noona.”

 

To the surprise and awe of everyone listening, the beautiful idol repeated her birthday message in Mandarin, cheeks pinking as she smiled at Kris. Lay frowned at the speechless duizhang.

 

Dara noona smiled once more and faced the groups that were staring at her with various expressions on their faces. “Omo! Hello EXO hoobaes! Super Junior sunbaenims! And SHINee sunbaenims!”

 

That snapped them out of their trance. True to his unpredictable nature, Tao jumped out the couch and hugged the stuffing out of a startled noona. But instead of pushing off the clingy panda, as most of them wished she would do, she hugged him back.

 

Xiumin asked his lucky stars if this was revenge served on the coldest platter. Seriously, he had to deal with Tao every day. He had to see the panda's eyebags the moment he wakes up and the time he closes his eyes. And that's a hundred times more than anyone can deal with, even Suho and his credit card.

 

Does he really have to hug his noona in a manner not unlike a lover's hug?

 

Heck, he's clingier to Dara noona than Baekhyun and Chanyeol on a bromance day!

 

A few seats to his left, Chanyeol sneezed.

 

Noona! I missed you so much! Please stay with me forever!”

 

Suho was about to pull the panda off a slightly winded Dara when Kyuhyun sunbaenim, the so-called evil maknae of Super Junior, stood up from the right side of the couches where Super Junior was staying. His eyes were promising pain as he tapped Tao on the shoulder “gently”.

 

“What—?”

 

Kyuhyun’s face turned 180 degrees as he portrayed the textbook picture of “innocence”.

 

“Oh, hello Tao-ssi! I’m Kyuhyun of Super Junior and I must say you’re looking, er, panda-ish tonight! Why, I know an eye cream that could make your face look less like an herbivore teddy bear and more of a handsome idol!"

 

Pulling a pouch out of nowhere, he zipped it open and showed everyone a suspicious-looking small bottle.

 

"And would you look at that! The cream was in my bag after all!”

 

“Uh, Kyuhyun sunbaenim? Isn’t that poison—? “

 

“Oh, nonsense! It’s a killer for the eyebags virus!”

 

Kyuhyun then ushered the confused Tao away, rapidly signaling the nearest Super Junior members Yesung and Ryeowook to pull a confused Dara to their side. Seriously, was he the one who’d always think of brilliant ideas to bring their princess to their protection? And to think they are convinced he’s just a wannabe evil maknae.

 

Tsk. Stupid hyungs.

 

Yesung thanks his lucky stars that he got to hold his princess’ hand. Usually, any thoughts of touching the goddess would earn unwarranted glares from a certain animal of the sea, but Donghae was not there, preoccupied with placating a frantic manager who saw their “little” fanboying episode. But it seems like enduring the torture of seeing a wannabe bad boy kiss his princess turned out to be a test and his reward was the chance of catching her hand without any guys stopping him from doing so.

 

Annyeong, Dara no—I mean, hoobaenim.”

 

The girl turned to face the smiling Yesung. Well, he wanted to think he was smiling and that she fell in love with his smile. And that they’d ride a prancing white stallion under the setting sun. Or that she’d profess her love for him and they’d fly to Las Vegas and get married—whichever goes first.

 

What he really felt was being er-punched as he met those expressive brown doe eyes for the first time.

 

She smiled.

 

Damn. His cheeks began to feel hot.

 

“Oh, Annyeong! Call me noona, please. You’re Yesung sunbaenim, right? Donghae introduced all of you to me one time.”

 

Yesung was both saddened and ecstatic. Stupid Donghae for not introducing her to them but letting her know everything about them. Knowing how sadistic that flying fish can be, he told her everything about Super Junior, even the ones that should not be said to their crush, much more to their ideal girl/goddess/girlfriend. But then again, she knew his name! Score for him!

 

Ryeowook felt left out, with Yesung and Dara noona smiling at each other like they’re lovers. He felt emboldened as he grabbed the girl’s hand and subtly tugged her to him.

 

“Dara noona! It’s an honor to meet you! Ne, I’ve been a fan since your debut! You are—eh, 2ne1 is so cool!”

 

Dara smiled at the excited Ryeowook, unknowingly fueling his fanboy tendencies as she graced him with a smile. The Super Junior member felt his heart thump erratically.

 

“It’s an honor to meet you too, Ryeowook sunbaenim. I’ve been a Super Junior fan since my trainee days too!”

 

The conversation between Yesung, Dara, and Ryeowook was light and fun even if the two warring fanboys tried their best to take more of her time and leave the other crying. Dara was polite as she entertained all questions thrown at her, even if most of them were more into the love/relationship/Who is your bias? Category.

 

The other Super Junior members pushed each other so they could get within the very small circle that the three formed near the corner. Yesung and Ryeowook were merciless as they let their backs meet the glares of their members, chatting and laughing with their goddess like close friends.

 

Leeteuk, who ironically was the leader and should be the most responsible and most generous among them, silently grabbed a fork from the plate of pasta on the table and “lightly” tapped Yesung’s back with the blunt end of the utensil. He knew how ticklish he was and took advantage of the sudden jump from the seat.

 

“Ah! Leeteuk hyung! Get out of my seat!”

 

“Oh no! Yesung-ssi! Are you alright?”

 

“He’s alright, Dara hoobae. He just remembered his responsibilities as a dongsaeng.”

 

“Oh, and what are those responsibilities, hyung?”

 

“The ‘you’re a dongsaeng and should follow everything his hyung shall say’ part.”

 

Ryeowook watched the leader and the main vocalist bicker like an old couple. Nothing new about that, Leeteuk hyung was an overbearing leader with massive fanboy tendencies when it comes to his Dara noona.

 

“Eh, Ryeowook sunbaenim, are they okay?”

 

He was about to placate the worried girl when a body crashed in his form, pushing him off the couch.

 

Kyuhyun was furious—he was the one who pulled noona from the wolves and they’re hogging her! He greeted the 2ne1 visual as “nonchalantly” as he could, ignoring Siwon hyung’s frustrated mutter of “Seriously, she’s going to think we have hugging issues with how you’re hugging her like a stuffed toy!”.

 

To his never-ending joy and slight embarrassment, Dara noona found him cute and cuddly. He would’ve preferred it if she found him handsome or gorgeous or boyfriend material or even her ideal type, but hey, at least she noticed him!

 

Siwon thanked the evil maknae for dragging her to their side. Eunhyuk was unbearable, with his crying and cursing the giraffe doll enthusiast like no tomorrow, so he pushed the maknae into getting his princess from Ryeowook. He could’ve approached her first but he was scared of looking silly because feared he’d be spouting nonsense the moment she smiled at him.

 

She just had this effect in her fanboys that render them in very pathetic situations.

 

“Darong!”

 

“Hae!”

 

Coincidentally, she also fueled the seven-year long desire of gutting the fish for not introducing their ideal girl to them and selfishly keeping their friendship to themselves and a few other people.

 

Which, he noticed with trepidation, included a certain twelve-member male idol group.

 

Siwon exchanged a glance with Eunhyuk hyung, Kyuhyun, and Heechul hyung as Donghae caught the attention of one Dara Park. She knew the fish for a long time and it showed in the way they interacted. Donghae would usually get annoyed when someone fusses over him, even with his omma’s incessant cooing at her youngest son.

 

Apparently, he liked Dara Park fussing over him, the traitor! Donghae even said that they’re only best friends!

 

Yeah right, as if he’d believe in anything the fish would have to say again.

 

Aish! Oy, Fish! Introduce us to Dara hoobaenim!”

 

Donghae threw a nasty glare at an unrepentant Eunhyuk, but introduced an I’m-so-excited-I-can’t-even-sit-properly Eunhyuk, a pretending-I’m hot-by-leaning-at-a-forty-five-degree-angle-with-my-smolder Kyuhyun, a let-me-show-my-cute-but-prince-like-smile Siwon, and a looking-creepy-with-his-dazed-eyes-and-weird-grin Heechul.

 

Dara-yah was gracious and polite as ever—she even hugged Kyuhyun back and likened him to her brother Cheondoong.

 

Donghae just accepted the fact that Kyuhyun would be ranting all night because his dream girl thought of him as a brother.

 

Heechul tried to look as suave as Siwon or as cute as Kyuhyun or as charming as Eunhyuk but he was tongue-tied. The three Super Junior members were shy at first to talk to his princess, even if she’s the one who approached first, but soon got over it.

 

After all, it would do them no good in the “Let’s convince Dara noona that we’re the one for her” bandwagon if they couldn’t even open their mouth and talk to her.

 

But for the life of him he can’t come up with a decent topic. Heck, he can’t even open his mouth!

 

Unfortunately, someone up there thought he lost his chance.

 

“Say, Dara noona, who’s your ideal type among us SM guys?”

 

She blushed as all eyes fell on her, awaiting her answer.

 

The seconds grew longer as her startled gaze flitted from an expectant face to another.

 

Kyuhyun was an opportunist at heart. Seeing the girl preoccupied, he nonchalantly placed his arm around her shoulders.

 

“Don’t mind them, noona, they’re just being stupid. I know that I’m your ideal type among Super Junior, SHINee, and EXO.”

 

Dara’s eyes widened as she raised both hands. “Actually, my ideal type is— “

 

Donghae had enough.

 

He stood up and grabbed Dara’s hand and dragged her away.

 

Confused, Dara pulled at the hand grasping her own. “Hae-ah, why are you in a hurry? Are you alright?”

 

Donghae raised an eyebrow as he glanced meaningfully at her and at the fuming boys. “Seriously Darong?”

 

She made a tsk-ed sound. “Aish! We just left your members without saying goodbye. If you’re hurrying to go to the comfort room, you don’t have to drag me with you! Just call and I’ll hand you the tissue roll.”

 

She pointed to the men’s comfort room on the far west side of the room.

 

Donghae blinked.

 

Then sighed. “I give up.”

 

Before he could drag her towards Taeyeon and Tiffany, who were waving madly on the other side of the room, a hand grabbed Donghae’s arm, almost ripping it off.

 

The vocal of Super Junior didn’t need to turn around to know whose hand grabbed his. It belongs to a fanboy of the crazy Santoki. No more questions needed.

 

Seungri glared daggers at the resigned Donghae before smiling at his Dara noona. “Dara noona! Dara noona! We have to go now. Curfew’s about to start in an hour and you know how the hyungs get when we’re late!”

 

Dara suddenly stood up from her seat, causing Kyuhyun’s arm to fall back down after he tried to put it around the girl’s shoulders. “Omo, omo—I forgot the time!”

 

She turned around and walked back to the couch. Tao, who was sitting on the sidelines, smiled.

 

“Dara noona! Come join us!”

 

She shook her head, to everyone’s dismay. “Mianhe, Tao. I have to go, Sajangnim would get mad if we’re late.  Farewell, EXO hoobaes! SHINee sunbaenims! Super Junior sunbaenims! Happy birthday again, Kris-ssi.

 

The boys could only watch with varying degrees of disappointment as their Dara noona hugged a blushing Kris and was dragged by Seungri and Daesung. The crowd cleared a path for the rushing YG artists as they met Taeyang in the entrance and left the place.

 

The night ended with the fanboys having mixed reactions.

 

Xiumin sighed, already fearing the aftermath of Kris’ birthday bash. They’d be sad and morose tomorrow. He had the foresight to message their manager about the impending “sulking session”.

 

He was right to anticipate a typical fanboy reaction when they get so many competition for their Dara noona’s time and attention.

 

They were sad alright.

 

But not in the way you think.

 

The dormitory was peaceful in the morning as Lay cooked for the group. He put the omelet on the table, together with the beans, rice, sausages, pancakes, tofu, and fruits.

 

It was a nice change for the unicorn until Tao and Chen broke the peaceful air with their argument.

 

Argument on Dara noona’s ideal type.

 

He sighed.

 

“Do you think I should have thrown that serum for eyebags at Kyuhyun sunbae’s face? I mean, he has eyebags too! But mine makes my face look cute and cuddly. His eyebags make him look older than Sajangnim!”

 

Lay chewed his egg omelet as he watched Tao and Chen argue over the dining table. Normally, Kyungsoo would appear in ‘Satansoo’ mode and harass the beejeezus out of anybody who dare argue or start an argument with anyone over the food that he prepared.

 

Well, not today.

 

Kyungsoo was still sleeping in his room, tired from dragging Chanyeol back to their dormitory. It wouldn’t do to start a fight in honor of being Dara noona’s boyfriend when the said girl was not even aware of having suitors.

 

Which goes back to what kept him up all night.

 

Was Dara noona playing with them? Even a blind woman can see the interest of a man towards a woman. Or was she really that clueless that she thought they were just being friendly to her?

 

And the frustrating part? It’s not only EXO, but their sunbaes as well.

 

They were obvious on showing their affection towards their cute noona. Too obvious, in fact, that their Manager-nim got a call from SM Sajangnim last night, reprimanding his abysmal “babysitting skills” because of EXO’s “slight” attention-hogging of Sandara Park.

 

As a consequence of getting scolded by Sajangnim, EXO cannot go out of their dormitory without any guardian watching over them.

 

Currently, Suho hyung was hiding in his room because he’s the so-called “Guardian of EXO”.

 

Chanyeol, Kai, Baekhyun, and Sehun ate their omelet and rushed out of the dining area, heads bowed down and whispering together. Lay sighed as he stood up and cleaned his plate. Knowing Chanyeol and Baekhyun, those two are going to do something stupid and brilliant at the same time. The hyungs did not come out of their rooms, tired from last night.

 

Since Suho hyung, Xiumin hyung, and Kris-ge were too busy hiding out in their rooms, Lay was the de facto leader of the day.

 

“Yixing-ge! What do you think? Are we cuter than our sunbaes? Dara noona said we’re cute but maybe she said they’re cute as well. And I don’t want our sunbaes to get noona’s attention— “

 

Lay adjusted his seat, trying to be comfortable as he waited for the inevitable tirade.

 

Kris felt restricted as he threw his basketball up in the air. They were grounded because Manager-nim felt that he must not be the only one to suffer.

 

Surely their actions should be excused—there were no cameras, no Dispatch, heck, the only outsiders were idols themselves! It would be stupid of them to just tell the paparazzi that they were invited to an SM party. SM employees and trainees signed a contract of confidentiality so anything that happened within SM premises must be kept secret. YG and JYP artists’ presence were a pleasant surprise but should not be the reason why they’re being grounded.

 

Kris sat up from his bed as his phone rang. He read the text message and his mood darkened.

 

This would be interesting, he thought.

 

He grabbed his wallet and mask on the table and walked out of the room.

 

He can’t go out by himself. He needed a guardian.

 

And he knew just where to get them.

 

“Suho! I ran out of shampoo! We have to go to the mall!”

 

Suho just wanted to sleep. He really did.

 

Spying was not his forte.

 

And spying on Chanyeol and Baekhyun scheming with SHINee sunbaes was too much.

 

The leader of EXO thought that they were mortal enemies, rivals for their Dara noona’s attention. But the presence of Super Junior and their bold move on taking their noona and bringing her to their side fueled a fire among the fanboys. Thus, the unexpected alliance of EXO and SHINee.

 

He saw the exchange of meaningful glances between Chanyeol and Onew sunbae. Chanyeol shifted his head to the right and as one, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Onew sunbae, and Kibum sunbae stood up and walked towards the bar.

 

Suho hid behind the counter and tried to listen to their conversation but the music was too loud. Onew sunbae and Chanyeol stepped forward and shook hands. They left the scene.

 

He cornered the two once they reached the dormitory but they were tight-lipped about everything. Baekhyun turned the tables around and made Suho’s head hurt. There’s a reason why most of EXO don’t want to confront Baekhyun about anything. He’s just too smart and manipulating the conversation to his liking was not out of the capabilities of the Eyeliner Prince.

 

“Kris,” Suho panted as he walked after the duizhang. Or hopped since he had large strides and to his never-ending frustration, he had small ones. “Where are we going?” 

 

“I hate being grounded. Aish! Do keep up Suho, we’re meeting somebody.”

 

Suho could only curse under his breath.

 

They neared the bubble tea where they go often. The shop was quaint and small, standing between a rundown second-hand bookstore and a small convenience store. Neutral and cool colors accented the place, mismatched chairs and tables were placed around the shop in threes and fours. Futuristic designs with a slight touch of rustic and venetian motif surrounded the place, making it a haven for book lovers and artistic people.

 

The place was hidden from most people but EXO frequent the place. Tao discovered the shop by accident and they haven’t stopped visiting since. The waitress, a woman in her mid-twenties, was the one they usually ask for the private rooms. The girl admitted she was fan of EXO when they first visited the shop but she reigned it in so she can remain professional which earned her brownie points. Soon, she saw the band of rowdy boys as her dongsaengs and not the famous and multi-awarded SM “it” boys.

 

In the bubble tea shop, they can be themselves without fearing that they’d be seen.

 

Kris and Suho entered the shop. The place was quiet and had no other customers.

 

“I texted So-jin noona that we’re renting the whole shop until ten.”

 

So-jin noona did not ask questions as she greeted them and led them into one of the three rooms that they contracted the girl to make for them when they’re visiting.

 

“The usual?”

 

Kris grinned cheekily. “Ne, noona. But just leave the menu here. We’re expecting guests.”

 

The girl did not ask questions as she ruffled the boys’ here, ignoring Kris’ indignant “Noona! Not the hair!”, as she left the room. There’s no point asking questions. She’d see them enter her shop anyway.

 

Suho raised an eyebrow at Kris once So-jin noona left the room. “Okay, what the hell is going on?”

 

Kris sighed. “We’re meeting Seungri sunbaenim.”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“I don’t know. He just messaged me to meet somewhere so I texted him the bubble tea’s address.”

 

The room was silent as they were caught up in their thoughts. Kris glanced at the frown in Suho’s face. Even he couldn’t see the motive behind the sudden call.

 

Kris watched as So-jin noona entered the room with a watermelon bubble tea and matcha bubble tea. They watched with confusion as she sat on the couch in front of them, eyebrows raised as she clasped her hands on the table.

 

“Uh, Kris-ssi—Was Lee Seungri of BigBang the guest you’re referring to?”

 

Kris’ eyes widened his head whirled around to meet Suho’s startled stare. “He’s here?”

 

The girl nodded, her red hair glinting. “De. I told him to close the door for me but he said he’s waiting for his hyungs.”

 

Kris grimaced. He had an idea on who those hyungs were.

 

So-jin noona sat straight, her face alight with excitement. “Wait—He’s waiting for—Does that mean that— “

 

The door opened with a bang.

 

No pun intended.

 

“Ah! This place is so cool! Nice paintings you have there, Kim So-jin-ssi! You approve T.O.P hyung, right?”

 

Suho slowly looked up at the newcomers waiting on the doorway.

 

Seungri was grinning as he waved at the gaping So-jin noona. His white cuffed shirt, washed denim jeans, and round sunglasses were casual and playful. Suho’s eyes slipped from Seungri towards the two other faces standing behind the maknae of BigBang.

 

He was dressed in a red long-sleeved shirt, black jogger jeans, and white Reebok sneakers. With gelled-back hair and lidded eyes, T.O.P was renowned for his killer looks and baritone rapping, and from the blush that So-jin noona had as she glanced repeatedly at the stoic face, the visual of BigBang was no joke when it came to the looks department.

 

The other face was more amicable, but Suho was not fooled by his friendly smile. That glint in his eyes told him that they were in trouble. The famous Choi Dong-Wook, or Se7en as he’s mostly known, was a surprise for the EXO leaders. They rarely saw the singer in public, but they don’t follow his activities. Kris made a mental note to ask the yoda about the new guy.

 

“Suho and Kris! How’s the birthday bash, Kris-ssi? Told you my surprise rocked!” Then Seungri sunbae pulled his glasses and sat beside a flustered So-jin noona.

 

The girl stammered an “I’ll be right back with your orders, sir” before she walked out of the room with a red face. “Wait, you look tired Kris-ssi. Did you drink too much shots last night?”

 

Kris smiled, or tried to when he saw the stoic face of T.O.P frown as he sat at the seat So-jin noona vacated. Se7en sunbaenim sat on the other side of Seungri. “I didn’t drink too much alcohol last night. The pasta was too good to be ignored.”

 

Seungri sunbae nodded vigorously. “That pasta was heavenly! I’ve got to get that chef’s number so I can hire him or her to be my chef.”

 

Suho chose to cut to the chase. “We’ll ask the SM staff and text you the details, sunbae. Now, we’re very curious as to why you texted us to meet, sunbae. Not that we don’t like to see you, but, well, we just saw you last night and the invite was surprising to us…”

 

Seungri sunbae’s confused face stopped Suho from his questioning.


The maknae of BigBang turned to his Dong-Wook hyung. “What? But T.O.P hyung told me Suho from SME EXO texted me the details of the meet-up— “

 

“I lied, Ri. T.O.P texted them for me.”

 

The two EXO leaders watched with bated breath as they met the piercing gazes of the rapper of BigBang and the singer who can rival the famous Rain.

 

T.O.P sunbae’s deep and gruff voice filled the silence. “There’s an ongoing test for guys that want to befriend Dara-yang and it seems like your group is interested.”

 

Seungri sunbae’s eyes were wide as he regarded the rapper. “Wait, T.O.P hyung, they’re not like Donghae sunbae or 2pm’s Wooyoung. They mean well and they just want to meet noona. It’s not like they want to date her, right?”

 

Se7en sunbae’s eyes narrowed as he put his baseball cap down. “I’ve been in the industry far longer than anyone here in the room. Trust me, I know a fanboy when I see one.”

 

“But you’re not one, right Kris-ssi? I mean, you’re a fan of 2ne1 and that's fine, but you're not a fan of Dara noona. Baekhyun-ssi said so himself.”

 

The silence was deafening as Suho and Kris looked at the imploring Seungri, a smug Se7en, and a glaring T.O.P.

 

“One caramel bubble tea, coffee macchiato bubble tea, and taro bubble tea for Lee Seungri!”

 

So-jin was a sensitive person and the tension in the room could cut a knife. As she put down the three orders, she stared at the five idols with curious eyes. Did Suho and Kris anger the YG artists?

 

She shrugged. Maybe not. Knowing more about EXO than most people, they’re dealing with the consequence of having a crush on one Sandara Park.

 

Tsk. Fanboys.

 

Why can’t they just confess to the girl and make her fall for them? Why make their lives difficult?

 

She sighed as she went out the door. She had to watch the shop for more idol surprises after all.

 

T.O.P raised an eyebrow. “Well?”

 

Kris sighed. Dara noona had the fiercest guardians.