Reason Number 11

29 Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas Special

Yoongi has a fight with Namjoon. The repercussions of the fight aren't as bad as he would've thought. He almost wishes they fought every day.

It is a widely known fact that Kim Namjoon is the Human form of Hakaishin, the God of Destruction from Dragonball. And it is no hidden fact that anything precious in possession of the dimpled sixteen-year-old will end up broken. So, really, Yoongi should've cut the boy some slack before shooting a basketball at his head for breaking his brand new turntable by sitting on it.

But, an equally widely acknowledged fact is that Min Yoongi is Satan's true form when enraged.

And that is what has the world best (second best because clearly Jimin and Taehyung are the bestest best. As per the two fifteen-year-olds at least.) duo sulking in their bedrooms, resigned from the world. And that is how it continues for two days. 

Namjoon pointedly avoids the cafeteria during lunch, because he knows Yoongi will be there, casually ignoring his existence; only serving to fuel the fire burning Namjoon's ego. And Yoongi adamantly chooses to ignore Hoseok's invites to the sleepovers at his place, because he would much rather stew alone under the blankets than stay in the presence of Fish Face. And when Namjoon misses their get together on Sundays, Yoongi makes sure not to bat an eye at the emptiness that fills the scene. Namjoon, too, never lets the absence of the elder ruin his perfectly enjoyable karaoke night with the others.

"You clearly are having Namjoon withdrawals, Hyung." Hoseok points out on the day three of their, 'Feud'. They are sitting at their corner table that Seokjin had claimed during their second year, waiting for the others to come along. 

Yoongi simply rolls his eyes, snorting uncharacteristically. "Please! He is not that important." With that, the pale boy continues to poke at the boiled potato in his plate, which has now turned to mush.

Hoseok, because he's just sunshine like that, smiles cheekily at the elder and leans across the table to whisper mockingly. "He may not be. But clearly, someone is."

It's the sudden movement of Yoongi's head making to look up, giving him a crank in the neck, that has Hoseok bawling in laughter. All banging the table with his fists and falling off the bench. When he regains some of his sanity, he turns to Yoongi and starts chortling again. The blush creeping up the elder's ears and neck is basically an acknowledgment of the accusation.

You see, Namjoon ignoring Yoongi led to Jimin and Jungkook having to ignore him too. Of course, they weren't bitter towards Yoongi, but when Namjoon refused to be in the presence of the elder, they too, being the best brothers that they were, decided to keep their Hyung company. And same was the deal with Seokjin. Which meant that when Yoongi had lunch with the group, Taehyung, Hoseok and Seokjin were the only ones present. And when Namjoon attended sleepovers at Hoseok's place, Jimin, Jungkook and Hoseok and Taehyung were the only attendees. 

Which means that three days had passed since Yoongi so much as ever saw the love of his life.

Yoongi looks away and mutters under his breath, embarrassment clear in his hushed tone. "Since when have you know?"

Hoseok mellows down at the bashful tone the elder speaks in; insecurity evident in his wavering voice. He shrugs nonchalantly and grabs a bite of the burger in front of him. "A couple of years, I guess." And he can sense the question on Yoongi's lips, so he saves the elder the embarrassment of voicing it out. "Don't worry, I didn't tell anyone."

A grateful smile graces the Daegu boy's lips and he finally takes a bite of the mushy potato. "Thanks."

"You want me to talk to him about it?"

Another grateful smile flashes Yoongi's features. "As much as I miss him, I don't want this to be about Jimin." When Hoseok raises an eyebrow in question, Yoongi elaborates with a shrug. "I don't want to reconcile with him just so I get to be with Jimin again. That's disrespectful. Namjoon is my friend." He looks away when he knows the emotions are shining in his eyes. Playing with the rice, he continues. "He's my best friend, alongside you. I don't want to keep fighting with him, not because I don't get to meet Jimin because of it, but because he's my friend."

Hoseok smiles at the explanation but questions the elder back. "So, what wrong with me talking to him? I could get him to simply apologize and then you two can get back to sitting alone in the back of the karaoke room while Jimin and I dance to Big Bang."

Yoongi chuckles lightly at the and waves behind Hoseok when he sees his brother dragging Taehyung towards their table. He looks back at his friend and explains, "because it's our fight. He doesn't have to say sorry until he wants to. He wasn't the only one at fault. I shouldn't have left the turntable on the couch anyways." He watches his brother grab himself a plate and Taehyung suit. "If I'm having a hard time trying to say sorry even though I know I'm at fault too, I'm sure he does too." 

"Sometimes you seem bipolar, Hyung" Hoseok teases, taking another bite out of the burger.

Yoongi simply shrugs and smiles at the boy. "Besides, it doesn't matter who says sorry first."

 *****

It's at two in the morning that Yoongi wakes up the sound of a potential murderer walking towards him in the dark. Of course when wields his pillow as the weapon of death, a very frantic Jimin flashes himself with a torchlight, his hand out in front of him in a placating manner. Whisper yelling, "Hyung! It's me!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter